ILS sometimes bugs out.

Zomba

Is there some issue in the editor that can cause ILS to fail? I notice in some missions ILS can bug out completely. Restarting won't resolve the problem, but it is consistent with that mission. Perhaps I've done something wrong to cause this in the editor. I've tried searching for threads on this, but haven't found anything amongst the threads arguing how ILS should work.

The symptoms appear that there is no power being fed to the ILS radio, you get the red flags on the artificial horizon and no morse. Cycling the ILS power switch has no effect apart from removing TACAN control of the artificial horizon and HSI.

I wish it was operator error, but loading up a new map gives a functional ILS system.

Thanks

Edited by Zomba

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Just as a follow up. After much testing I found It wasn't due to a bug, but rather attention to detail. The current windspeed on that map exceeded what the ILS allowed for, so it is automatically shut off. Reducing speed brings the ILS back up. Took a while to find that.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Just as a follow up. After much testing I found It wasn't due to a bug, but rather attention to detail. The current windspeed on that map exceeded what the ILS allowed for, so it is automatically shut off. Reducing speed brings the ILS back up. Took a while to find that.

wow, thats a good find

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.