Windows 10 X-55 Issue

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum area.

Anyway, I just upgraded to Windows 10 today and began testing as usual in DCS. I've already noticed some significant issues though - I'm using AceRevo's F-15C profile, and while in game, key commands that used to spam themselves (i.e. radar movement, gun fire, etc) now seem to only work intermittently. Perhaps 1-2 registered keypresses every 10-15 seconds (although a bit faster with the cannon). Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've already checked the windows control panel and tested the joystick outside of DCS, and the "Keyboard Repeat Rate" is fine anywhere but inside DCS.

Edited by AlexCaboose

Ok is this a Keyboard issue, X-55 Issue, Or a USB driver issue??

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It's definitely not a keyboard issue per say: The joystick buttons are mapped to keyboard commands. Using only the keyboard works as intended - the keypress is "spammed" while holding it down and things move normally.

Outside of DCS, the joystick registers key presses as intended. I've tested it in a number of software programs. As an example, pressing the trigger inserts a space repeatedly. The issue only seems to pop up once I load up DCS and attempt to perform an action. It's as if holding it down only registers a keypress once every few seconds. I'm scratching my head, and I really have no clue whether or not it's an issue with the X-55 itself or in some way Win 10 handles this sort of thing. =/

Same problem

For example: ALT GR + G in F86

It's impossible to have to switch HOLD down while is fine to push it UP.

Same problem with flaps.

I notice that holding the switch is like pressing thousands of time it in the cockpit.

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

Are you using the Saitek software to map your buttons? And you say it works elsewhere (for example in Notepad it's like holding a key)? I wonder if the same symptoms are occuring on the X52...?

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Yeah, it's through the Saitek software.

As an example, the following is me holding my hat switch:

^The above line was probably through 0.25-0.5 seconds of holding down the hat to the left.

In game, that would obviously move the radar pip. THe issue is that in game, it really doesn't move. It registers a press for the tiniest fraction of a second and basically does nothing.

Alex try this temp Fix:

1) DO NOT UNINSTALL DRIVERS OR SOFTWARE

2) Install latest driver from saitek

3) when the installer ask to reboot windows CLOSE THE WINDOW (SO NO REBBOT)

Start DCS and try

This type of stuff happens to me on 8.1. I open the mad catz software, and then hit the target button to "engage" it. When i minimize it and click back in the dcs window, the problem is solved. Its weird though as it usually only affects the buttons mapped to keyboard keys.

Sweet! That actually worked.

Edit: I think I spoke too soon. I can't seem to get the weapon release command to be recognized unless I physically hit it on my keyboard =/

Same problem here, my "fix" solve a problem on throttle but create a problem on stick and viceversa.

Btw I hate saitek support.

This type of stuff happens to me on 8.1. I open the mad catz software, and then hit the target button to "engage" it. When i minimize it and click back in the dcs window, the problem is solved. Its weird though as it usually only affects the buttons mapped to keyboard keys.

What happens if you unplug the x55?

My PC freeze (mouse lagging and constant beep on click) and I need to restart it.

I also get the same issues, I done a clean install and now when I installed the driver and software I get the multiple key presses per click of a button. I also get the issue where if you unplug the devices the computer will beep and the mouse lags too as if there's too many keystrokes being pressed. I contacted Saitek/Madcatz support and sent a ticket.

What happens if you unplug the x55?

My PC freeze (mouse lagging and constant beep on click) and I need to restart it.

I am experiencing the same issues. This is a big enough problem that I considered going back to Win 8.1. I really hope they release the win10 driver soon, but it's Saitek so I won't hold my breath.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I am experiencing the same issues. This is a big enough problem that I considered going back to Win 8.1. I really hope they release the win10 driver soon, but it's Saitek so I won't hold my breath.

I´ve got a similar issue with my X-55. But it isnt that bad as some of you guys describe. I made a clean Install of Win 10 and after I installed the Driver and the Software so the OS is recognizing the Hardware (X-55) and all Buttons, Switches and dials are working properly as long as I am testing those either in the Controll Panel properties or the Mad Catz programming Software. Each Input is recognized. But as soon I am activating a Profile, so it wont work anymore, means there´s no recognition of the assigned key combinations.

I contacted Mad Catz Support and they mentioned that they are working on a driverupdate which I may not expect within this or the next month.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Hi Gents,

Similar multiple key press issues here and in some cases unrecognized in DCS. I'm thinking that, in some cases, it might be executing key presses so fast that the DCS is not "seeing them" happen. That's just my wild theory at the moment. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I've been tweaking the Quantize time (adding interval times of 0.10 etc) and that has been taking care of "some" of the mis-behavior. I have my X-55 (Throttle and Stick both) hooked up through a powered external USB 3.0 hub. I have most stuff working on a Su25T profile and have programmed 3 modes... I now note that my throttle will cycle through the modes but the stick only puts out Mode 1 programmed commands vice being programed differently for mode 1, 2, and 3 in the programming interface. Any ideas ?

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

Your theory is not so far from the mark. I noticed on the X52 Pro that with a press of some of the keys, the software is repeating the instruction that fast the MFD on the X52 is not registering the name of the key press. I can sometimes vaguely see the name of the keypress flicker in the MFD because it is repeating so fast.

Hi Gents,

Similar multiple key press issues here and in some cases unrecognized in DCS. I'm thinking that, in some cases, it might be executing key presses so fast that the DCS is not "seeing them" happen. That's just my wild theory at the moment. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I've been tweaking the Quantize time (adding interval times of 0.10 etc) and that has been taking care of "some" of the mis-behavior. I have my X-55 (Throttle and Stick both) hooked up through a powered external USB 3.0 hub. I have most stuff working on a Su25T profile and have programmed 3 modes... I now note that my throttle will cycle through the modes but the stick only puts out Mode 1 programmed commands vice being programed differently for mode 1, 2, and 3 in the programming interface. Any ideas ?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the Beta Win 10 Drivers

Gents,

Report... I followed the delete instructions and re-install to the letter.

BLUF: So far... so good... working better.

So far, while not perfect yet, my profiles are working MUCH better with the new drivers....

I've gone back to input proper programming keypresses and advanced key inputs since some of my "work arounds" using advanced keys with quantized time to get functions to work are no longer required with the updated driver for Win 10 64-bit.

Thought some might like to know. Hope it's working better for others as well.

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

• Like 1

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit