Little bit dissapointed

Juancio

Dude what are you talking about? Disappointed,....you say?

This is by far the easiest plane to start up and get going. The flight model is the best I have seen yet for a jet. I tried to do over 500kts with rockets loaded and my plane did not like it at all. It's pretty damn realistic. In fact I learned to start it up just by playing around. A monkey can fly this plane.

Belsimtek YOU DID an amazing job! I am very happy with my purchase of both the F-86 and the MiG-15. I had my first dogfight in an F-86 against the MiG in 'Real Controls' mode. It lasted only 2 minutes but it felt eternal. I was too busy chasing one MiG when his Comrade came in from behind and let me have both 23mm and the 37mm, LOL.

I hope you really consider making the F-100 Super Saber and the MiG-17 Fresco.

Yeah I'm dissaspointed, I think I made that point pretty clear.

I never said the plane was hard to start up or anything close.

Plane flying like a pig with ordnance loaded you say? Il2 1946 had that feature and was released more than 10 years ago. You seem to be easily impressed btw.

Imho this module is quite mediocre compared to the Mig-15 and the rest of the products released by Belsimtek.

Did you at least read the thread before replying or just the opening post?

Damage models are decent until you put an AI in the driver seat, then they become a little more bullet proof. Great for practice though. As far as the F-86, great model. Nice internal - external graphics and comparing how she fly's to what I have read she seems very comparable, Having never actually flown the F-86 in real life. About the only thing I would have to say to the negative is that the inflight rudder response seems to be a little off. Keep up the great work Belsimtek!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I quite liked this one, although admittedly I haven't really had much time in the cockpit, just a few flights. Not sure I've even shot anything down in it yet. Once I have my new SSD installed I'll put a bit more time into it. I've only had two flights in the Mig 15 so far also which I thought was equally nice. Can't say it stood out as being leagues ahead of the sabre quality wise, but again I am in no place to judge with such little flight time on the pair.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Dude what are you talking about? Disappointed,....you say? The flight model is the best I have seen yet for a jet.

Dude have you tested the rudder effectiveness? I strongly disagree on the "best flight model" part: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130049

I agree with the OP!

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Yeah I'm dissaspointed, I think I made that point pretty clear.

I never said the plane was hard to start up or anything close.

Plane flying like a pig with ordnance loaded you say? Il2 1946 had that feature and was released more than 10 years ago. You seem to be easily impressed btw.

Imho this module is quite mediocre compared to the Mig-15 and the rest of the products released by Belsimtek.

Did you at least read the thread before replying or just the opening post?

The trolls have come out now. My experience doesn't affect you. Where is you MOD? Can you do better? You act like you can. I'd like to see it happen. Maybe stop putting REAL developers down when you couldn't even program a microwave.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEED DESIGN PROJECTS FOR YOUR CAMPAIGNS? PM ME.

Dude have you tested the rudder effectiveness? I strongly disagree on the "best flight model" part: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130049

I agree with the OP!

Yes I have, I think you misunderstood me. I know this isn't an F-15C or anything. I just like the attention to detail is all. It has a tiny rudder after all. I still like doing LABS runs and free drops.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEED DESIGN PROJECTS FOR YOUR CAMPAIGNS? PM ME.

I don't need to do better because I'm buying this product, they are not giving it to me for free alright? Quality is to be expected from developers, I don't owe them anything.

I'm good at what I do, because if I wasn't I would get fired and replaced by someone else. Do you even know how capitalism works boy?

You might want to work on your reading comprehension before coming here sounding like a 12 year old fanboy.

• Like 4

• ED Team

Typical negativity in this thread, keen to express feelings but offer no solution or data to help.

Fortunately the Devs work from the data available and not a feeling, but still look at concerns of its customers regardless. They do a difficult job, and they do it well, so we will see in time.

Whatever happens I enjoy flying the F-86F and would recommend it to anyone.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I like the F-86 but it does need some work, I parked mine in the hanger until they release the next patch or update.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I love flying the jet, I just have my own issues fighting with...

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

At the risk of getting in trouble. I just want to say that I have been kicked from the forum for much less offensive and personal comments that I've seen on this thread. Hence...all the red boxes. I am amazed that the wrist slapping hasn't commenced.

As far as the F86......It has it's issues, that's for sure. But I have learned to accept that this is a simulator, not a real plane. There are going to be differences. There is no way on earth that these planes will ever be perfect and we should not expect them to be. It's just not realistic to think that they ever could be. Watch the "Revisiting the Dora" video. It's a living testament to this. As good as the Dora is in DCS, even real Dora pilots have to learn to fly the DCS version.

• Like 2

At the risk of getting in trouble. I just want to say that I have been kicked from the forum for much less offensive and personal comments that I've seen on this thread. Hence...all the red boxes. I am amazed that the wrist slapping hasn't commenced.

As far as the F86......It has it's issues, that's for sure. But I have learned to accept that this is a simulator, not a real plane. There are going to be differences. There is no way on earth that these planes will ever be perfect and we should not expect them to be. It's just not realistic to think that they ever could be. Watch the "Revisiting the Dora" video. It's a living testament to this. As good as the Dora is in DCS, even real Dora pilots have to learn to fly the DCS version.

Once you realize that, it's sad to see those who haven't been "illunimated" unable to realize this is entertaiment software.

IMHO, the problem is a mix of age, absence of knowlodge of what a physics simulation is, pilot ego (if the simulator isn't real enough, you can't tell people how great pilot you are), lack of real life problems, lack of real life flight license, not having played the "early days simulators"...

This is the kind of things I end up pondering about most of the times after visiting these forums.

First time I took off with the Sabre I felt like a kid again. Having only flown the Huey and the Mustang before in DCS, this "modern" Sabre was just plain awesome! What power, what a cool cockpit, what a great feel to fly! And guess what? I still feel that way, every damn time I "strap in".

But of course I'm not a real pilot, so who am I to give testimony or credible feedback on the characteristics or realism? All I can say I feel happier than when I was flying the F/A-18 Interceptor on my Amiga back in 80s. And that means a lot. It's like "hey I'm really flying this thing...let's do something stupid :)".

I flew the IL-2 series for a short while when it came out but I never got that feel from any of the airplanes. DCS on the other hand has awoken the slumbering "kid" again and the Sabre has it's fair share of that "reboot" or "wakeup".

Looking back at what I just wrote I see no facts or figures, no convincing technical theories or whatever. All I have is passion for flying and if you've got that - you sure as hell are gonna enjoy the Sabre.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I'll echo SFC's statement - while very new to DCS - I've used MSFS since its inception - and - I am a pilot. While there may be some deficiencies - the F86 has given me unparalleled pleasure in learning to fly it... It's just a hoot to fly... She's a work of art in my book - and so far the plane I enjoy most...

Regards,

Scott

From what I've read everywhere this is the correct behavior. The Mig actually had a higher max AoA than the Sabre and consequently it could turn better, in theory. In practice, as Mig pilots didn't have G suits, American pilots were able to sustain tighter turns. But the G suit difference thing isn't present in the sim at the moment. That's why when you play against the Mig, it will still turn better.

So yeah Mig pilots should blackout faster. I guess this is the change that should be made.

Looking at the wing design of the MiG, it makes sense for it to be able to pull so hard without wing drop. Less sweep and huge wing fences make this possible. The issue I think has moreso to do with the T-tail. When the MiG does stall (and it currently is extremely difficult to do so), the T-tail was supposedly the cause of a nasty, unrecoverable spin, which we do not see at all in-game though we are told - albeit only anecdotally - that it should fall out of the sky in such circumstances.

I have only ever stalled the thing once and it was a completely gentle, recoverable spin.

To the topic at hand, I see what OP meant. It's been over a year and no manual. The MiG-15 has its manual already. Other than that, the Sabre looks and flies fantastically, except maybe the rudder; an issue which both the F-15 and MiG-15 share. It's fun and it's a nice break from missile combat.

+1 SGTPappy

Also, my reading suggests that the Mig15 was a poor performer when diving, as in not inclined to pull-out. Players do not seem to have any hesitation in following a Sabre all the way down and the Mig15 pulls up just as well!

Perhaps all Mig15 players are "honchos"!

If you get going too fast you'll eat dirt. As you approach MACH 1 it gets exceedingly difficult to control. If you're in a dive you better hope you have time to get the airbrakes out, slam the throttle back, and utter a prayer.

I watched my buddy create an impact crater last week for that very reason.