Degraded fps performance

Richard Rodgers

Last night on our Multiplayer Server I was sat on the pan in cockpit I was getting between 1 & 3 fps. Obviously this was then playing hell with my head tracking etc. I tried using Low settings but cockpit stuff is unreadable and external visuals are like a crappy FS9 install without much fps gain at all.

Disconnected a couple of times but still no good. Got booted off in the end as DCS froze due to lack of fps.

Little background. I am sadly only running a low end PC (HP p6-2002uk) which is only an AMD E2-3200. Not the fastest even by slow pc standards. When I started with DCS two years ago I could happily get 6-10 fps in multiplayer and up to 18 in the Fast Mission (offline) using the Medium graphics settings on the onboard graphics. Our VAs missions in the early days were not as complex as they are now.

To help things along I upgraded to 12gb RAM from 4gb and slapped a nvidia GForce GTX 750Ti into an already cramped case. Wow what a difference that made. I could run at around 40fps offline and around 15-20 on multiplayer with the same Medium settings. This was lightening fast compared with what I was used to.

Anyways, this year things have slowly gone down the pan re fps. The only thing I can put it down to is DCS upgrades that have increased the graphical complexity somewhere as I am using the same mods as before (have even tested with no mods) and have even begun stopping un-wanted background services and turning AV off. Both of which I never used to do. Still no better.

After the unuseable fps last night I fired Fast Mission up offline and was getting 18fps in the air with 4 A10s around me and a bunch of red stuff on the ground using Medium settings.

I am at a loss with it now as I have de-fragged the system to within an inch of it's life and still no good.

Can't afford to do much else with current PC and really have to wait until DCS1.5 or DCS 2 comes out to see how the new system affects pc performance before I go spending money only to find out it was a waste.

If anyone has any pointers for a short term fix, apart from the obvious 'Spend some money' I would be grateful.

One of our members has sugested a skin issue. Possibly, but we have been using them for over 12 months now.

Thanks for any help.

I was flying last night on a US group and my FPS took a hammering - playing havok with Track IR - the later it got the better it was. My spec of computer is below so I think the issue was the internet as I'm in the UK as well - perhaps?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4.3ghz 16gb GTX770 4gb 7tb HD Benq 3200 32inch + 3 Acer V223HQ 20inch Hotas Warthog MFD Cougars Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 and UltraMFCD / LotATC

Most likely just the ISP slowing, your graphics card has caused issues when overclocked?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Thanks guys.

One of my thoughts was isp problems, and that could be the case, but that doesn't explain why I am also getting the big fps hit when offline compared to what I used to have.

I can only dream of the pc specs you guys are running.

Re overclocking. Have never done that with the card, so what I am using now is what I have used since it was bolted in. Have read some horror stories where folks have overclocked things and caused temps to rise to a point where it causes more issues than it cures.

Last night I removed anything to do with the GPU re drivers etc and tonight I will be doing a complete driver re-install, complete DCS re-install. Lets see how that goes.

I feel the root of the issue is the crappy pc. Hopefully when 1.5 comes out it will call on more GPU resources rather than needing PC processing power.

It would just be nice to be able to do multiplayer without wondering when the 'fps missile' is going to strike.

Is your HDD Full?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Netflix.......

yep... its ravaging the available wireless bandwidth

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"