Too ambitious?

Jacks

I am pretty new to modelling (a little pro engineer, autocad and sketchup experience) but would like to learn.

I was thinking of modelling the Piper L-4 Grasshopper including a working cockpit. Is this a realistic goal for the average human?

Are there any free sources of L-4 blueprint to use?

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Not too ambitious, a simple clean airframe......

Just Google > Piper L-4 Grasshopper blueprints < and look through the links.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I thought the grasshopper would be simpler as the canopying simpler and it does have leading edge slats. Plus there are plenty in the UK and I hoping to convert onto one so I can gain some experience of how it flies in real life.

Also the grashopper was used in more roles including anti-tank.

I am planning on using 3DS Max 2016, will this suffice or is there better software available?

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

To be honest I am starting to prefer blender after

Playing around with both.

Jacks