Hawk clickable cockpit not clickable?

wewcc

For the Hawk T.1a, I pressed L Ctrl + C switched to click mode, moved my cursor to the buttons, cursor turned green, I clicked but nothing happened.

Later I found some of the buttons are clickable, but most are not, like the engine ignition button which is the first step of a cold start.

Is this a common problem? Is there a solution to this?

I then checked the controls, mouse btn1 is not assigned with anything don't know if this is the reason. But some of the button are clickable. Need help desperately

Regards

I don't know if it will help you, but if you were flying the Hawk fine before and had trouble lately (which was most likely due to a change of hardware in my case)... you can still try this. I had the same issue and out of a sudden I couldn't click on anything anymore in the Hawk.

This is an excerpt from an e-mail exchange I had with VEAO customer support (they are very helpful in my experience).

I solved my problem, but I thought I'd share how I fixed it in case other customers like me come to you with a similar problem.

I recently changed my graphic card. No modules needed a hardware-change-related S/N reactivation... or so I thought. It appears that I only needed to do a full reactivation for the Hawk (not the other DCS modules that I own).

Here is what I had to do:

1) Uninstall Hawk module via the Module Manager (in DCS game) by clicking on the garbage bin

2) Go in E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Hawk\bin and run hawk_protect.exe and force a deactivation

3) Unbind my key from my account via the License Manager on the DCS website

4) Bind the key back to my account via the License Manager

5) Install Hawk module via the Module Manager (in DCS game)

6) Go in E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Hawk\bin and run hawk_protect.exe again and force an activation

And only THEN I could get back in the cockpit and fly my trusty Hawk once more.

License manager (make sure you are logged on):

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

Edited by Charly_Owl

Hi Charly_Owl,

Thanks for the refresh steps above.

BTW, I couldn't do Step 2 as there was not a \Hawk folder after uninstall. I used the Module Manager to Uncheck and later Recheck to Hawk module, so I did not do your Step 6 either.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Hi Charly_Owl,

Thanks for the refresh steps above.

BTW, I couldn't do Step 2 as there was not a \Hawk folder after uninstall. I used the Module Manager to Uncheck and later Recheck to Hawk module, so I did not do your Step 6 either.

WC

But... did it work?

Unbinding and Binding your key wont have any effect on anything other than it showing up in module manager and when you log into MP.

if it's a Hardware issue with Starforce Proactive, you have to delete the Registry KEY for your License, and Re-Activate.

([-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\HAWK\Keys] )

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Problem_with_Activation

But if it's a Partial Cockpit Input issue, it does sound like the DRM is blocking the DLLs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,

X470 Taichi Ultimate, R7970 Lightning @ 1.2 / 6 GHz Memory

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know if it will help you, but if you were flying the Hawk fine before and had trouble lately (which was most likely due to a change of hardware in my case)... you can still try this. I had the same issue and out of a sudden I couldn't click on anything anymore in the Hawk.

This is an excerpt from an e-mail exchange I had with VEAO customer support (they are very helpful in my experience).

License manager (make sure you are logged on):

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

Thanks for the reply!

It doesn't work for me however. I decided to try the trial version first before throw my money in, so I just did a quick uninstall and install in modules manager, but the problem remains the same. Kind of glad that I did trial first...

Unbinding and Binding your key wont have any effect on anything other than it showing up in module manager and when you log into MP.

if it's a Hardware issue with Starforce Proactive, you have to delete the Registry KEY for your License, and Re-Activate.

([-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\HAWK\Keys] )

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Problem_with_Activation

But if it's a Partial Cockpit Input issue, it does sound like the DRM is blocking the DLLs.

Is there a way to solve the DRM blocking the DLLs issue? It may sound silly but will the problem automatically disappear if I purchase the full version?

• 6 months later...

I'm also having the same problem. One day it was fine the other I could only click a few instruments but non of which that contribute to the start up of the aircraft.

I've follow Charly_Owls instructions step by step yet have had no success. Any other options?