Migrating to a New PC - Joystick Settings Missing

I'm migrating everything to a completely new build.

I installed the latest DCS-World and the latest P-51D module and registered it and copied "c:\Users\Orso\Saved Games\DCS" in its entirety to the new system, but when I started a P-51D mission my joystick setting were completely gone.

Did I do something wrong along the way?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

It could be that the new computer is using different device IDs for your devices than the old computer.

Connect all your devices and make a small change to the configuration, this should create a new device config file with the device ID in the filename. Just copy and paste that new ID onto the old file and it should work.

EDIT: I should clarify that the joystick config files will be found in "C:\Users\Orso\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\P-51D\joystick".

Edited by 98abaile
  • Like 1

Yup, the hardware IDs have changed... had the same problem a few weeks ago. what I did was:

1) assign a single button / axis in game for a given module for all your controllers.

2) copy the hardware ID's of the newly created Lua's and rename your previously saved Lua files with this ID

It's tedious, but it works and it will take you approximately 30 min to go over all available modules. Definitely beats reconfiguring all controlls from scratch, good luck!

It could be that the new computer is using different device IDs for your devices than the old computer.

Connect all your devices and make a small change to the configuration, this should create a new device config file with the device ID in the filename. Just copy and paste that new ID onto the old file and it should work.

EDIT: I should clarify that the joystick config files will be found in "C:\Users\Orso\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\P-51D\joystick".

Yup, that was the issue. Mille grazie! :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1