Su-25 Alt commands Level Flying, Roll, Etc.

lockon2015

Quick Question:

There is a series of commands I experimented with:, namely ALT-#. So, the one I use the most is ALT-3, level flying. When it does work, it really does level out the plane, but sometimes it gets me stuck in a roll and the plane isn't easy to control.

How do I turn off the ALT-#'s after I employ them? For example, if I want to fly level for a time, I press ALT-2, but what do I push to regain full control of the plane? Is there some situation where the plane automatically quits the ALT-# command I previously gave it?

This question is for the Su-25T, just to clear that the Su-25A have not auto-pilot.

everytime you use autopilot (Alt-3 emergency level mode, Alt-2 barometric altitude and bank angle hold mode, or whatever autopilot mode) you should know that is a limit angle for a right response of the autopilot mode selected. So in max speed with a high angle, maybe the autopilot have a nonresponse or an uncertain response.

In some cases you can help to the Autopilot. For example, after you activate emergency level mode (Alt-3), sometimes the aircraft start an uncontrolable banking movements. The best you can do is pull over slightly to the contrary side and so on till you get a stable response of the selected mode.

greets

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@pepin: Ok, so I will definitely keep that in mind; that there are limits for which the autopilot will work. Also, I definitely understand the uncontrollable banking movements--that was the most prominent thing I noticed.

"activate emergency level mode (Alt-3)". Why is it called an emergency level? I thought the Alt buttons were automatic pilots. Is Auto Pilot for emergencies? I thought it was about helping to move the plane so that the pilot doesn't have to keep all the micro-corrections.

I experimented with Alt-9, wasn't sure how much it worked, but I'm going to keep practicing to see. it probably did, but I'm just too green.

Also, I'm learning a bit about basic flying as well. "you need to trim manually your plane to neutral behavior". Does the game or the website have somewhere where I can read about this better? That would probably help.

Thanks for your help, I'm keeping up with the flying

"activate emergency level mode (Alt-3)". Why is it called an emergency level? I thought the Alt buttons were automatic pilots. Is Auto Pilot for emergencies? I thought it was about helping to move the plane so that the pilot doesn't have to keep all the micro-corrections.

Example: Sometimes you do a hard maneuver and this made your stick get off-center. This is a dangerous situation and the Alt-3 (emergency mode) help to this situation, lining up the flight.

I experimented with Alt-9, wasn't sure how much it worked, but I'm going to keep practicing to see. it probably did, but I'm just too green.

is very simple... Alt-9 disengages all autopilots modes to get the control by yourself.

Example: after a X situation that you needed to use Alt-3 (emergency mode) you need take the aircraft control by yourself, so in that case you use Alt-9 to disengages all previous mode selected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]