Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Hello

Open Conflict is a casual/training server for new or experimented people.

Server includes a lot of coop-pve opportunities as well as pvp encounters.

Protected Training Zones are here to practice in peace and learn your plane

Conflict zone is here for more dangerous venture and pvp encounters.

Dual Zones are here to allow duels between friends

Teamspeak (hosted by CrimsonGhost):

openconflictserver.typefrag.com

Tacview is enable to help further the training and learning

http://tacview.strasoftware.com/

Enhanced gameplay by masterscript:

• Rescue
  • Transport
  • A2G and AA objective system
  • and more...

showthread.php?t=145886&page=2Server is constantly evolving but here is a trailer/short movie I've made on the subject (on DCS 1.2):

attachment.php?attachmentid=139590&stc=1&d=1461785329

817196912_OpenConflictServer-Khashuri-Map-big.thumb.jpg.15ac047b954940240d45e03d8b1b239f.jpg

1896204729_OpenConflictServer-Zones.jpg.a6ddf08d764d86928f36bda52e6e6601.jpg

509990223_OpenConflictServer-RadioMenu.jpg.2913130ffd4a891b59e3af042b753387.jpg

1974749068_OpenConflictServer-Khashuri-Duel.jpg.aa35c4c4db37e8ee346bbd181cba9900.jpg

Objectives.thumb.png.c9083782a1e3f089f62d63f271c8e15e.png

Edited by Mirknir
Adding briefing map

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

As a regular on Open Conflict, I'd just like to say kudo's to you Mirknir, you have done a great job with the server. It has everything that a virtual pilot, whether a novice, or experienced, needs to have a great night of fun. I learn something new here everytime I play. Thanks for all your tips and patience over the last few months. My suicide rate has gone way down :) and I actually am understanding how the aircrafts systems work and how to use them properly.

Tacview enabled guys!

I do enjoy having both relaxing or combat flights time on this server. The “map” is very well made and in constant evolution. There is always something cool to do depending on your mood and inspiration. Novices are warmly welcome and guided while aces have fun too!

I can't help but emphasis that Tacview is fully enabled on this server. So you can learn right away from your mistakes or successes!

http://tacview.strasoftware.com/

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Lately the integrity check isn't letting me join, I don't have any weapon mods and can join other servers just fine..

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Lately the integrity check isn't letting me join, I don't have any weapon mods and can join other servers just fine..

Sorry about that. :(

I had a lot of abuses of some payloads and a lot of complains about that so I added a integrity check for the related files.

When you click of the server, the first line of the description notifies you before you actually join. However, it's a small message:

FILE INTEGRITY CHECK: Weapons & Payloads

"Config/Weapons" & "Scripts/Database/planes"

I have no other way to communicate this except now, with this thread.

You can fail the integrity checkin different ways and I wish DCS would output a clearer message than 'Connection Interrupted' that you can get for 20 different reasons.

If you installed a mod or tweaked something in one of the files or doesnt have matching files comparing to the server, it can break the check.

If you are on steam, you can check the integrity of your installation:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

To be perfectly transparent, here is the configuration of the server:

By default in any servers

"Config/Weapons",

"Scripts/compile.lua",

Open Conflict Server:

"Scripts/Database/planes/A-10A.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/A-10C.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/F-15C.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/F-16A.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/FA-18C.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/MiG-29S.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/P-51D.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/Su-25T.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/Su-27.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/Su-33.lua",

"Scripts/Database/planes/Su-30.lua",

I hope this will help and I hope the server system will be a bit more verbose in the next version.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Thanks. Turns out it was one of the aircraft mods (F-15E,F/A-18C,Mi-24) that I had installed.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I joined the server as a mig-21 for some PvP action but could not rearm or refuel as the option was blanked out in the communications menu. This meant I could load any AA missiles - not much good for PvP. I tried a few mig-21s and found the same problem.

Is this a known bug?

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I joined the server as a mig-21 for some PvP action but could not rearm or refuel as the option was blanked out in the communications menu. This meant I could load any AA missiles - not much good for PvP. I tried a few mig-21s and found the same problem.

Is this a known bug?

Jacks

It's a known DCS bug that people sometimes have on servers. I can't do anything server side.

If the communication radio is not available and the rearm shortcut (Lalt + ') doesn't work, you sadly need to restart your game.

I don't have the mig21 but I've tested and seen mig29 and almost all planes with weapons on my server.

The only weapons airports don't have are nuclear bombs so everything else should be available.

I hope this helps

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Thanks Mirknir, I will try again tonight.

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Since the last patch, I noticed that the server will sneakily freeze without any crash popup or any reasons in the log or any actual crash dump to explain what's going on.

I am under the impression that I over-use the dynamically spawned groups system and it already causes some rare server crashes and also the 'John killed a building' bug.

(See: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124084)

I am in the process of redoing the entire mission to use a finite number of groups as well as no more external scripts.

Using the basic features of DCS, DCS Editor and no fancy shits, I hope the server map will grow more stable, less heavy but also be more ready (or readier?) for the incoming big patches.

Thanks for flying Open Conflict

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Mirk, Thanks for staying on top of things :thumbup: and for Hosting a Damn good Server at that:megalol:Been down with Throttle Trouble(Rhino):( But waiting on Fedex guy to drop it off today!!!:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Here is the next map update I am preparing:

The war is progressing north around Krymsk.

The idea is to combine the best of the last two previous maps into something more compact and providing a bigger front line for more team work and pvp opportunities.

The red team will become a more complete side with the addition of a2g aircrafts and objectives.

The safe zone for trainees will still be there on the blue side.

1332982665_OpenConflictServer-Anapa-Map.thumb.jpg.ecc20bacd6be74517deb3056f260a646.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I got on the new map last night and again Mir, you have outdone yourself. You did a great job with this new map, and its turned into another well done upgrade . Thats what keeps the sim interesting, and keeps us coming back. The AI's attitudes have changed a bit too it seems and my nemesis 'the convoy' is getting meaner I think. Either that or my age is showing lol. Thanks for the game.

I got on the new map last night and again Mir, you have outdone yourself. You did a great job with this new map, and its turned into another well done upgrade . Thats what keeps the sim interesting, and keeps us coming back. The AI's attitudes have changed a bit too it seems and my nemesis 'the convoy' is getting meaner I think. Either that or my age is showing lol. Thanks for the game.

Thanks for the feedback.

I like the new setup of having a center battle with 2 main destructible bases and 2 big convoy assaulting those bases and the player needs to intervene.

It creates a bigger frontline than the Sochi map and more opportunities for team work and pvp without involving an airport where player spawns.

However, I don't like the placement of this setup because even if the map from Anapa to Krasnodar has a nice coastline, I feel like it has a really boring low rez inland landscape. It's too flat and monotone for me. :mad:

I guess I could have better checked the region before doing the map!

So because I am crazy, I am changing the map again! :helpsmilie:

I am going back to the first open conflict placement and putting everything cool from the other maps in the new one meaning:

* Red side main airport is Sukhumi

* Blue side main airport is Senaki

* Center battle will be Gali vs Zugdidi (so with mountains and valley nearby for sneaking)

* Center airspace will not have AIs for full pvp

* Bombers will still attack blue side and drop shit over the airports

* Recons, convoys, spies and training zone still remaining....

I hope people will like it!

Here is the new map briefing:

1671993725_OpenConflictServer-Zugdidi-Map.thumb.jpg.4da8293a608f5ab9040f8b4cdb574409.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Another update!

In the next map update, version 2.0 and above, the server will change its respawn system for AIs to help with stability and fix the 'killed a building' bug.

I will stop using the script combo MIST/automan to use a more simple group activation approach.

I will monitor the server as usual but don't hesitate to report bugs to me in a private message.

Details for interested people:

When I use the MIST/automan combo, respawning a group means:

- Scheduling a respawn event in X sec

- When the event happens, creating a new dynamic group, clone from the dead one

- Adding the clone it to the coalition at runtime

(see mist.scheduleFunction / mist.dynAdd / coalition.addGroup)

I am not sure but I think it could be responsible for the random crashes and/or freezes the server suffers after long hours of running (even with resets every 4hours)

So I decided to use a less complex method.

For each group that can respawn, I will add in the editor 10 to 20 clone groups but flagged as 'Late Activation'

After the death or landing of the original group, after the respawn delay, a 'late activation' copy will be chosen and activated.

The pros are:

- No complex scripting

- No event scheduling

- No dynamic group, everything is already in the map, waiting to be activated

The cons are:

- More job to edit/change the map

- Groups are in finite numbers, at some point, the groups will stop respawning because there are no more clones

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Intrusion Detection and Response

Hello

As you probably know by now, the server map maintains a protected zone for each side in order to be able to train in peace, do some acrobatics in peace and of course have places where you are not spawn-camped.

However, maintaining those safe zones in those trouble times of game bugs (like groups not spawning after reset) and of ever-increasing player sneakiness and blood thirst (:smilewink:) comes with challenges.

The map has become more and more loaded with defending AIs like rows of SAMS and Warden CAPs.

As a result, a lot of computer resource is spent on having those units with no gameplay purpose except to enforce a simple rule and when they fail to spawn, chaos reigns.

To help with this dilemma, I programmed a script to automatically protect those interdiction zones.

The script will detect the intruders, warn them with text and sound message then proceed on firing increasingly dangerous flak-type explosions.

After a certain delay, if the intruder didn't turn around, the explosions will be so near, the plane will be damaged.

I am going to ship this script soon and monitor the results to see how good or bad an idea it is :lol:

IntruderDetected.thumb.jpg.93465de63f131fabe256e6ecb6a4af5a.jpg

IntruderDestroyed.thumb.jpg.a3a805f36fbbcf3030dd68fd3da9feb9.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Thx for the update:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Ty for the new challenges. Will there still be that gap between the red and blue zones that are free from groundfire?

Your maps continue to evolve and get better. Thanks for your hard work and time towards this. I have messed around with building a small map off and on over the last 2 months and I have a pretty good idea of the amount of work you have done to get this map to this level. Its a huge amount of work !!!

Thanks again, Free.

Ty for the new challenges. Will there still be that gap between the red and blue zones that are free from groundfire?

Your maps continue to evolve and get better. Thanks for your hard work and time towards this. I have messed around with building a small map off and on over the last 2 months and I have a pretty good idea of the amount of work you have done to get this map to this level. Its a huge amount of work !!!

Thanks again, Free.

Yes, the protected zones stay the same but are now better enforced.

Thus, the gap between Senaki and Sukhumi is still there for the central battle and the pvp.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread