Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Experiments finished for now

Hello Guys

Lately, I've been doing a lot of experiments to add more variety, dynamic objectives and also better performances in Open Conflict.

Even if I want to do more experiments in the future, I've decided to lock the changes and now work on porting the maps.

I thought I ll post these changes there even if they won't be released until the mission Open Conflict Khashuri have been ported or the new Open Conflict Tuapse is finished.

Soon™ in Masterscript: Skynet v3.X.X

Objective System

• Changed from a specialization to a component aggregation architecture
  • Objectives can now easily be more than one thing like the field hospital but less hacky
  • More explained here

Warships

• Integrate warships in Skynet code and database
  • Warships are now a new threat category like SAM, AAA, Infantry and Tanks
  • Warship AI kills are now in the stats system

Transport / Delivery System

• Delivery objectives are now separated in primary and secondary
  • Added medical supplies cargo type
  • Safe houses can now also be a secondary delivery objective needing mostly medical supplies and/or ammunition

Rescue System - Safe House

• Safe houses can now be a warships
  • Safe houses now track and remember the crashed/ejected players that rejoin the safe house
  • A combat log message will be issued when a crashed/ejected player rejoins a safe house
  • The safe house detailed information will enumerate the players sheltered inside
  • When extracting pilots from a safehouse, the extracted players will be enumerated in the popup message
  • Safe houses will become non-operational if the reference map object is destroyed

Rescue System - Medical Drop-Off

• Rescue Drop-off can now be a carrier warship (sick-bay)
  • Rescue Drop-off will become non-operational if the reference map object is destroyed

Rescue System - Downed Pilot at Sea

• Friendly Pilot Rescue / Enemy Captive Pilot Extraction system has been updated to work over sea
  • Rescue ships will now be the spawn point for the rescue/capture events happening at sea
  • Rescue ships have helipad for the helicopter to land
  • Rescue ships are static so rearm/refuel cannot be initiated
  • Rescue ships will become non-operational if the reference map object is destroyed

Ground Objectives - Convoy

• Convoy can now self respawn like AI CAP flight
  • The bug 'Respawning convoy not following route' seems to have been fixed in 1.5.4
  • This will only be activated if ED's fix works with the route task ("Fixed dynamically added ground units now correctly follow orders")

Ground Objectives - Incursion

• New concept
  • A ground objective can now have alternative spawning points
    • Not convoy
    • Only objective with active units
    • Only objective without SAMs because for now, I prefer to not move SAMs around

[*]When the ground objective is completed, it will be scheduled to respawn after X minutes

[*]An alternate spawning point will be chosen at random

[*]Only the active units will be respawned, not the static objects (I can't really spawn a factory)

[*]The objective name and codename might change to reflect its new position / purpose

[*]Usually I will use 'Incursion' in the name to identify them

[*]When respawned, the objective will trigger a notification and be displayed in the '-ag' menu

[*]However, like convoy, they will not have spotters (that's why I don't want SAM in this system)

As usual, I will keep you posted about the progress!

Next steps: update missions!

btn_donate_pp_142x27.png

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Awesome stuff!!!! So exciting with all those changes can't wait for the release. Maybe release that version of Skynet on the 11th of July when I will have 2 weeks off:lol::smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Can't seem to find the server anymore. Not saved under last visited either. What's the direct IP number to connect?

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.6ghz (Noctua D14)

Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo

Adata 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3

MSI Geforce GTX 970 (x2) SLI

Windows 10

DX 12.0

Can't seem to find the server anymore. Not saved under last visited either. What's the direct IP number to connect?

Server is online with plenty people ; still not updated to 1.5.4 so make sure you didn't either.

Server will reset and fully restart in 5min.

Current server IP is 166.62.220.85:10308

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

still not updated to 1.5.4 so make sure you didn't either.

Ah, there's my problem. Thank you.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.6ghz (Noctua D14)

Asus P8Z77-V LK Mobo

Adata 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3

MSI Geforce GTX 970 (x2) SLI

Windows 10

DX 12.0

Has anyone had the strange bug where the laser won't fire from the tgp when you select the hot start a10c's? There are two of them and multiple people in our squad experience the bug (maybe) when selecting those aircraft.

Sent while I should be working instead.

Is there a way I can recall chat window entries? Be nice if we could have some kind of 'command' history there. It would be useful for checking a "-re cap2" type entry without having to completely re-enter it. I know...it seems a small thing, but I fly in a dim room and my keyboard is awkward to reach.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Has anyone had the strange bug where the laser won't fire from the tgp when you select the hot start a10c's? There are two of them and multiple people in our squad experience the bug (maybe) when selecting those aircraft.

I just have the control over cold or hot, no deeper settings.

But, from my very very very old A10C experience, you have extra steps to take after a HOT rearming like reloading the dsm&m's thingy and iirc, there are some settings to change in the weapon profiles.

But I can't say for sure, maybe wait for an answer from less ancient A10C pilot :)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Is there a way I can recall chat window entries? Be nice if we could have some kind of 'command' history there. It would be useful for checking a "-re cap2" type entry without having to completely re-enter it. I know...it seems a small thing, but I fly in a dim room and my keyboard is awkward to reach.

That's also part of why I duplicated a lot of commands to radio menu because DCS chat is kind of basic.

However, for detailed report, I cant use radio menu because of how dynamic objective can be... so only the chat remains.

There is no 'recall last command' feature like you usually see on console by pressing 'up'

I need to code it myself like if you chat '-', I re-execute the last full command you entered.

It's already on my list but now really with a high priority.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I know how to reload the dsms profiles. I know my way around the A10....just can't figure out why it will fire sometimes and others no....it feels like a bug.

Just trying to help, not sure how pro you are ; I am not :)

But yea, it could be a bug, that's for sure.

I also remember that some settings in the weapon profiles prevented the laser guidance from working properly after some HOT rearm, somethings like laser time or laser codes or something.

Ralfidude answer to this might help you troubleshoot.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Bug Report

before the bug report, I love flying on the Open Conflict server. Seriously, thank you for making something that is so much fun for my Huey.

To the bug report.. at server restart I do the Blue transport mission to the field hospital: 3x med and 1x repair parts. Sometimes when I do it though I seem to lose the repair parts. Here is video of me loading everything up:

https://youtu.be/t8u6Y7wVRgo

and then video of me arriving and trying to drop the stuff:

https://youtu.be/p9pXaV20z60

For some reason the repair parts aren't there. I think that reason might be pressing the wrong button for the delivery, getting the error message, then doing the right one.

[sIGPIC]Complimentary barf bags available on request.[/sIGPIC]

before the bug report, I love flying on the Open Conflict server. Seriously, thank you for making something that is so much fun for my Huey.

To the bug report.. at server restart I do the Blue transport mission to the field hospital: 3x med and 1x repair parts. Sometimes when I do it though I seem to lose the repair parts. Here is video of me loading everything up:

For some reason the repair parts aren't there. I think that reason might be pressing the wrong button for the delivery, getting the error message, then doing the right one.

Interesting....yesterday I loaded up repair parts and two medical personnel and flew to a field hospital. When I got there, I had nothing to deliver.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Hello

Thanks for the video!

To make my work easier, please also consider adding the ingame name you had at the moment and also using the -report command so I can have a mark in the many logs I have.

In this case, I found the info in the video using the combat log in the video.

The log tells me that you invoked the 'Drop Cargo' command before invoking the 'Deliver Cargo' command.

I've already fixed some bug in the drop command and it will also better attempts a 'deliver command' before dropping the cargo.

I could also remove this from the radio menu as it's easy to 'click' it instead of deliver.

OC@Mt2197.50◆Rt2270.31: ResetUnitData: Player: PAI ZENITH@ID14 - NEW AIRCRAFT!

OC@Mt2197.50◆Rt2270.31: UpdateUnitData: PAI ZENITH - Initial HP:20

OC@Mt2197.50◆Rt2270.31: UpdateUnitData: PAI ZENITH - STOP being airborne

OC@Mt2197.50◆Rt2270.31: UpdateUnitData: PAI ZENITH - Unit becomes valid HP:20

OC@Mt2197.50◆Rt2270.31: UpdateUnitData: PAI ZENITH - OnAircraftRespawned

OC@Mt2198.91◆Rt2271.71: ExecuteChatCommand: Command A2A_ATTACK_DEFAULT with 0 extra args

OC@Mt2200.68◆Rt2273.48: ExecuteChatCommand: Command TRANSPORT_DROP_ALL with 0 extra args

OC@Mt2200.68◆Rt2273.48: Player: SpecialK@ID4 is losing all cargos

OC@Mt2203.08◆Rt2275.89: UpdateUnitData: Player: PAI ZENITH@ID14 - WELCOME!

OC@Mt2203.08◆Rt2275.89: ExecuteChatCommand: Command MOTD with 0 extra args

OC@Mt2206.80◆Rt2279.60: WEAPON LAUNCHED: Septicide in a Su-33 fired/dropped a R-27R

OC@Mt2206.80◆Rt2279.60: RegisterMissileLaunchedAtMe: Predator AI - 459 - Hostile Player Hit @ 2279.5967595097 sec by Septicide - 41 with R27R

OC@Mt2206.80◆Rt2279.60: OnWeaponShot: Hostile Fire. TargetCoalition: Blue. initiatorCoalition: Red

OC@Mt2206.80◆Rt2279.60: OnWeaponShot: End of Missile Launched

OC@Mt2207.88◆Rt2280.68: ExecuteChatCommand: Command SERVER_STATUS with 0 extra args

OC@Mt2211.76◆Rt2284.57: ExecuteChatCommand: Command TRANSPORT_DELIVER with 0 extra args

OC@Mt2211.76◆Rt2284.57: self.TryToDeliver: LM59 Field Hospital cargo still needs: 2x Medical Personnel 1x Repair Parts

OC@Mt2211.76◆Rt2284.57: Player: SpecialK@ID4 is removing 1x Medical Personnel from Passenger Only

OC@Mt2211.76◆Rt2284.57: self.TryToDeliver: LM59 Field Hospital cargo still needs: 1x Medical Personnel 1x Repair Parts

OC@Mt2211.76◆Rt2284.57: Player: SpecialK@ID4 is removing 1x Medical Personnel from Passenger Only

OC@Mt2211.76◆Rt2284.57: self.TryToDeliver: LM59 Field Hospital cargo still needs: 1x Repair Parts

OC@Mt2211.76◆Rt2284.57: AddScoreForDelivery: For Player: SpecialK@ID4 Adding 600 -> 600

OC@Mt2211.76◆Rt2284.57: CombatLog to Blue: SpecialK ► Delivered ► 3 items/people!

OC@Mt2211.76◆Rt2284.57: AICAPMorale: Blue 6 - Red 0

OC@Mt2214.84◆Rt2287.65: RegisterHitReceived: Predator AI - 459 - Hostile Player Hit @ 2287.6484651199 sec by Septicide - 41 with R27R

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Load cargo:

Try to deliver said cargo:

No stops or actions in between lifting off and landing at delivery point.

Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot?

'Unload All Cargo' is the message for the drop cargo command, not the deliver cargo command.

The drop cargo command is to drop everything and empty your cargo, not deliver.

Make sure you use Deliver command to deliver!

Also, at the moment, the drop command fails to find/remove some cargo so it may fail ; it's going to be fixed in the version 3.X.X.

Still, I can see that having both a 'Drop' and a 'Deliver' commands may be confusing, especially so close in the radio menu.

I ll see what I can do to dissolve the confusion.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Here is some screenshots about private testing going on for Skynet 3.X.X and the updated maps...

It's a bit more work that I anticipated but it's progressing well :thumbup:

Vyrtuoz, my friend (that doesn't suck at helicopter like me cry.gif) is helping test the stuff I can't.

Check his ACMI tool Tacview!!

Pix:

728238184_Skynet3.XX-Test1.thumb.jpg.58307f8aec73b9cb1096d32ec62c2634.jpg

1571435866_Skynet3.XX-Test2.thumb.jpg.06fb6afe63617ed7ce94f82323339b75.jpg

1898607199_Skynet3.XX-Test3.thumb.jpg.2dd009f062ca668ce7abfb446ca91144.jpg

1178126418_Skynet3.XX-Test4.thumb.jpg.c3b45d4b2719d0cf824adbf63770be42.jpg

1151534727_Skynet3.XX-Test5.thumb.jpg.4b010aa7064248c7e9c38b2367af6d74.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

'Unload All Cargo' is the message for the drop cargo command, not the deliver cargo command.

The drop cargo command is to drop everything and empty your cargo, not deliver.

Make sure you use Deliver command to deliver!

Also, at the moment, the drop command fails to find/remove some cargo so it may fail ; it's going to be fixed in the version 3.X.X.

Still, I can see that having both a 'Drop' and a 'Deliver' commands may be confusing, especially so close in the radio menu.

I ll see what I can do to dissolve the confusion.

I thought that might have caused the problem. Thanks for the response. I'll remember to use my name and -report next time too.

7UOW92V

Hi Mirk, noticed this bug on the server a couple of times now but only just thought to screenshot it. After using an aircraft with no chaff (normally the Gazelle), switching to the SU33 causes this strange value in the chaff option. I'm also unable to dispense the flares I do have loaded when glitched like this. I can fix it by jumping to a different spot and then going into the original one. I've not noticed the issue anywhere except the Open Conflict server but It's pretty easy to replicate on the server. Is this an issue being caused from the server? or maybe a general bug?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This strange value in the chaff option. I'm also unable to dispense the flares I do have loaded when glitched like this
Like this?

I've seen this bug reported somewhere else but yea, I don't have control over this. It's a DCS bug.

Usually, you can google the bug and see if it's more a general one.

I think you have to move the slider to make it back to a decent value when you rearm.

#REPORT By ▬▬▬: report m2000 HOT aircraft fuel vent switch should be in vent position or flame out can occur

I just choose hot or cold, I don't choose what avionic is in what state when HOT ; the aircraft dev decides that.

There might be something that can be done with 'cockpit preform clickable action' but I don't want to go that deep when settings up playable airplanes.

#REPORT By ▬▬▬: report Time of day / weather options, vote possibly?

I was waiting for the release of the 1.5.4 to push a weather update but I didn't think it would take that long to be stabilized.

I took some times to research some new features so the updates aren't as often as before.

I am working on the next version of the map and Skynet, it's in test phase right now ; then the updates should be easier to push.

#REPORT By ▬▬▬: report the Kutasi Convoy BMPs are listed in the kill feed as BMP1, but they are BMP3

Good catch, wrong display name.

Database has been updated for next version

#REPORT By ▬▬▬: report still getting red faction out of range for smoke when trying to request smoke from blue plot
This part of the objective system has been redone in Skynet 3.X.X, I'll make sure to add this to my tests.

#REPORT By ▬▬▬: report red hospital no smoke visible, no beacon
Very true, the navigation beacon is created but not activated.

This part of the objective system has been redone in Skynet 3.X.X, I'll make sure to add this to my tests.

#REPORT By ▬▬▬: report have a nice weekend mirknir! :-D

Will do :thumbup:
Edited by Mirknir
  • Like 1

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Me: I love Open Conflict server.. going to rescue some pilots in my Huey!

Me (later): hey, where is everyone?

Me: Oh, a new DCS update...

Me: Oh god, I feel so lonely....

Anxiously awaiting whatever updates need to be done so OC reappears on my multiplayer list.

EDIT: Huzzah!

Edited by Shinhwa

Server Updated to DCS v1.5.4.54596

New integrity check activated so I guess this will not go smoothly :music_whistling:

I am downloading the whole game from scratch on my personal computer to do more tests about this check versus texture mods like Starway and FARP.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Server Updated to DCS v1.5.4.54596

New integrity check activated so I guess this will not go smoothly :music_whistling:

I am downloading the whole game from scratch on my personal computer to do more tests about this check versus texture mods like Starway and FARP.

Yea, I had to do the same thing. Was getting odd integrity check failures... then once I fixed those randomly all cockpit textures disappeared. Doing a full uninstall/reinstall now. ugh!

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Yea, I had to do the same thing. Was getting odd integrity check failures... then once I fixed those randomly all cockpit textures disappeared. Doing a full uninstall/reinstall now. ugh!

I have 3 DCS clients to maintain on 2 different computers :lol:

* My Open Conflict dev DCS where I host the test server when I develop Skynet.

* My Open Conflict official DCS where I host the server.

* My main DCS where I edit the mission and connect on the official/dev servers to play/test.

Each big update is a blast :helpsmilie:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread