Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Hi, sorry I didn't understand... where do you click on the HSI? There is the mode switch, and there is the other +- switch. But if I turn the +- switch nothing is changing... So how do I manually slave the hud?

By the way the backup compass is also showing the same wrong heading.

@Mirknir, ok mate, I'll try to put a screen tomorrow!

Is the server in winter now? I'll get on tomorrow and try to get a better explanation for ya. Also make sure if you are in the cold start aircraft you must go through the alignment process (YouTube) is your best friend for that if you are unfamiliar. I am only referencing the HOT aircraft in winter months

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Is the server in winter now?

Mirknir, our lead programmer did some skynet fixes and Mirknir, our lead level designer prepared the new map.

The update is in the hands of Mirknir, our quality control expert.

Maybe tomorrow, Mirknir, our build and release expert will be able to ship it live.

This was a message from Mirknir, Public Relations.

Dont forget to share, like, subscribe and donate.

Edited by Mirknir
  • Like 1

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

@acdelta57,

no, this problem was a while ago and I did all the INS alignment and the physical backup compass was showing a bad heading as well.

@Mirknir,

i flew a mission today and everything seems normal, I can't replicate my "strange" HUD. Sorry for raising alarm for nothing. Cheers!

:lol: :smartass:

Looking forward to see if Mirknir your internal tester will agree with Mirknir your causal simmer/gamer that it need to get public asap :megalol:

Mirknir, our lead programmer did some skynet fixes and Mirknir, our lead level designer prepared the new map.

The update is in the hands of Mirknir, our quality control expert.

Maybe tomorrow, Mirknir, our build and release expert will be able to ship it live.

This was a message from Mirknir, Public Relations.

Dont forget to share, like, subscribe and donate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.1.4

Misc

• All airports now have a side for cross-country trips (except Maykop)
  • Blue Smolonskaya Safehouse has been moved south closer to the road for "easier" landing (see screenshots)

Sochi

• Add missing red WWII playable slots
  • Some helicopters are now spawned "on ground" to free official slots
    • Marked with (GRD)
    • They should still be able to rearm and refuel
    • They should be properly oriented
    • Don't hesitate to report bugs as it's a new-ish feature in DCS
    • (see screenshots)

AWACS Channel

• Bf109 channel 1 is now setup to 124Mhz (AWACS)
  • Sorry Fw190 doesn't accept frequencies over 42.5MHz so no AWACS

Weather

• February / Winter
  • Unusually cold
  • Don't hesitate to report bugs as it's a problem for some aircrafts

AI CAP

• Su27 replaced by Mig23 with a twist

OnGroundHelis.thumb.jpg.a32359eb0f022b7cbe3af458fa8e5cad.jpg

OnGroundHelis2.thumb.jpg.93233d5dbe1c371164c49f4caff324c7.jpg

SmolonskayaSafehouse.thumb.jpg.6eda685fa552c3f13873accb63db66c2.jpg

676712424_CAP-MiG23.thumb.jpg.e147a637f0c55ff42e61038e94d2c6f3.jpg

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Mirknir, have you experimented with using EWR for the WWII planes, instead of/in addition to AWACS?

Nope, I don't own these WWII planes so I can't do specific experiment with them. :(

However, can you be more precise? Experimented what?

Why the EWR would be different from AWACS for WWI Planes?

For me, it's not an AWACS problem, it's a radio problem.

I can't find a common frequency that all the planes can reach ; every aircraft radio freq ranges are different so I assume the problem to reach EWR would be the same as AWACS.

I would rather know why some plane's radio don't accept 124Mhz in their channels cause I also have this problem with Korean-war planes.

I always guessed it was a bug or some realism things and yea, I guess these old planes didn't have top of the line radios. smile.gif

But still, the P51 and bf190 can reach this freq so I don't discard the possibility of a bug.

124MHz is my best candidate freq so far; almost all planes can reach it.

Maybe someone with a aircraft radio PHD can tell me a better freq that all the aircrafts can reach better? :thumbup:

... and I ll change the 350 playable aircrafts :(

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Sounds like an awesome update!! Just over here been trying to join full server for 10 mins....:music_whistling: :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

Sounds like an awesome update!! Just over here been trying to join full server for 10 mins....:music_whistling: :(

The update is not online yet, I need to find a moment to push it.

I know the server is full often but I am not sure how to fix that ; the server is more popular than I thought when I started it as a lol project.

You can always send me a powerful computer, the server's hardware is super old :music_whistling:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

The update is not online yet, I need to find a moment to push it.

I know the server is full often but I am not sure how to fix that ; the server is more popular than I thought when I started it as a lol project.

You can always send me a powerful computer, the server's hardware is super old :music_whistling:

Lol if i send you computer would i get a reserved slot in F5?!;)

Nope, I don't own these WWII planes so I can't do specific experiment with them. :(

However, can you be more precise? Experimented what?

Why the EWR would be different from AWACS for WWI Planes?

For me, it's not an AWACS problem, it's a radio problem.

I can't find a common frequency that all the planes can reach ; every aircraft radio freq ranges are different so I assume the problem to reach EWR would be the same as AWACS.

I would rather know why some plane's radio don't accept 124Mhz in their channels cause I also have this problem with Korean-war planes.

I always guessed it was a bug or some realism things and yea, I guess these old planes didn't have top of the line radios. smile.gif

But still, the P51 and bf190 can reach this freq so I don't discard the possibility of a bug.

124MHz is my best candidate freq so far; almost all planes can reach it.

Maybe someone with a aircraft radio PHD can tell me a better freq that all the aircrafts can reach better? :thumbup:

... and I ll change the 350 playable aircrafts :(

As far as using EWR instead of AWACs for WWII planes, I was thinking because WWII planes didn't have airborne EW - just Ground based EW. You can set the frequency for the EWR like you can in AWACS. So, instead of contacting AWACS, the pilot contacts the EWR station.

If I am not mistaken, it accounts for terrain occlusion and only detects out to it's predefined range - as seen in the mission editor.

Concerning common frequency, I have an excel sheet where you test up to 4 frequencies and it will tell you by color code whether or not that particular plane can use it, and which radio. I use it as a planning tool when I am mission commander for BlueFlag strikes when I play on that server.

You can even edit the aircraft presets, based on what the mission designer has set on the server and it will tell you if that preset is available - for those aircraft that cannot manually change freqs.

Red means you cannot use that Frequency, and Green means yes. If it has a number below it, that is the aircraft radio preset. If it says NA, that preset is not available from mission designer.

Here is the link to the sheet. Change the purple colored boxes to test frequencies.

Hi all,

I have some strange problems with the m2kc on open conflict. A while ago when a winter map was on, my compass was always shifted by about 90 degrees. A couple of days when I tried again I got a very strange HUD symbology. Anyone else experiencing this?

Set the HSI to Cv Nav, knob bottom right. The aircraft is bugged.

afeca7ce1e3d64bc809a3fb77b95e29d.jpg

Concerning common frequency, I have an excel sheet where you test up to 4 frequencies and it will tell you by color code whether or not that particular plane can use it, and which radio. I use it as a planning tool when I am mission commander for BlueFlag strikes when I play on that server.

You can even edit the aircraft presets, based on what the mission designer has set on the server and it will tell you if that preset is available - for those aircraft that cannot manually change freqs.

Red means you cannot use that Frequency, and Green means yes. If it has a number below it, that is the aircraft radio preset. If it says NA, that preset is not available from mission designer.

Here is the link to the sheet. Change the purple colored boxes to test frequencies.

Yea, after my answer to your previous post, I was thinking about putting all the freq ranges of all aircrafts on paper to find the one frequency to contact them all :lol:

Glad you did the job, thanks! :thumbup:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Oh boy that sounds like a great update! I'll be curious how the Floggers will turn out, and also SMO Safehouse is now forbidden for helicopters!

I am also curious how this new version will turn out.

My tests seemed ok but I am not sure how the low temperature or 'on ground' helicopters will behave in full multiplayer :music_whistling:

I am waiting for the storytellers and screenshoters to post :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Booting up DCS now, binge flying all day..pics to follow :)

Nothing is missing in terms of features. But I had a incident some days ago where a BLUFOR A-10C group were on the same channel as REDFOR fighters.. So as they were asking for CAP trying to hide from our sensors, we could enjoy the "realism" listening to the show on SR :D

So if possible ad a list to the Briefing box so guests are aware that everyone is able to hear them by default :D

I've turned on the Radio Coalition Security so Red/Blue can no longer hear Blue/Red Transmissions and spectators can only talk to spectators.

For default frequencies - Go with:

251 AM ATC - Transmit your takeoff and landings to let others know your intentions

253 AM Combat Channel - For all your combat needs

30 FM Transpot Heli Chat- Heli specific chat / Co-ordination if you dont want to spam 253

Pretty much all aircraft get 3 radios on Open Conflict because of the radio expansion so you should be able to tune into the 254 or 251 on any aircraft including WW2 ones.

L-39 Channel 17 should be 251 and Channel 18 should be 253 for combat.

Feel free to edit if you like Mirknir!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I've turned on the Radio Coalition Security so Red/Blue can no longer hear Blue/Red Transmissions and spectators can only talk to spectators.

For default frequencies - Go with:

251 AM ATC - Transmit your takeoff and landings to let others know your intentions

253 AM Combat Channel - For all your combat needs

30 FM Transpot Heli Chat- Heli specific chat / Co-ordination if you dont want to spam 253

Pretty much all aircraft get 3 radios on Open Conflict because of the radio expansion so you should be able to tune into the 254 or 251 on any aircraft including WW2 ones.

L-39 Channel 17 should be 251 and Channel 18 should be 253 for combat.

Feel free to edit if you like Mirknir!

Thanks man, I think it will be better with secure channels.

I will "soon" do an overall to the radio setups in the map and check AWACS, tanker and radio channels freqs.

I will make sure everything fit with all the new information I got.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Thanks man, I think it will be better with secure channels.

I will "soon" do an overall to the radio setups in the map and check AWACS, tanker and radio channels freqs with all the new information I got.

No worries! :)

This might help if you haven't already seen it - All Radios and frequencies for all aircraft listed: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

It was a bitter cold January morning while the Huey crews loaded their choppers. Snow fall and sub zero temperatures lead to low level air frame icing that had to be remedied. Whiteout terrain rendered night vision goggles near useless as the 2 ship flew in tight formation to the enemy outpost. Stacked in a line formation nearly 5 feet off the ground and speeds of 120kts they performed a fast attack with guns and rockets and delivered some communism to the capitalist dogs:thumbup::pilotfly::joystick:

Screen_161003_084745.thumb.jpg.4b90891eb6b6f12d5ff79ec94552f63e.jpg

Screen_161003_085556.thumb.jpg.c0fd4afac5abb8e293accde8daf05345.jpg

Screen_161003_085758.thumb.jpg.59421c70756d17483ca0fce3876ebd59.jpg

Screen_161003_085813.thumb.jpg.428a64c17a65ee91421cc0604f903d70.jpg

Screen_161003_085917.thumb.jpg.ca088dad918ba28966b9a9cf9d23c510.jpg

Screen_161003_085946.thumb.jpg.292093ce641f172dc182cbab77ce8e0c.jpg

Screen_161003_090002.thumb.jpg.2f3f6949a475238c364684adada84898.jpg

Screen_161003_090145.thumb.jpg.074cc42c90665b7a01adef9d012a3d42.jpg

Screen_161003_090153.thumb.jpg.fde2295ed81d91cd4d3da8cf5bc82dd7.jpg

Screen_161003_090208.thumb.jpg.ff3dce3f09632e1ff135fcc8b79d3c9c.jpg

Screen_161003_092535.thumb.jpg.23393ba3845888380aa7136adc97eb1c.jpg

Screen_161003_092818.thumb.jpg.021734421a83698365ea85f61beebbd5.jpg

.... delivered some communism to the capitalist dogs:thumbup::pilotfly::joystick:

Delivering communism in a huey? Don't you think it's a bit... ironic? :music_whistling:

Apart from that, the low temp wasn't a problem I guessed by your post ; was the low pressure one?

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Delivering communism in a huey? Don't you think it's a bit... ironic? :music_whistling:

Apart from that, the low temp wasn't a problem I guessed by your post ; was the low pressure one?

haha a russian huey! and temp was fine, battery start is really slow so i used ground power to start huey. I did flights in F5 UH1 F86 P51 M2k L39 and no problems anywhere. Ice does form really fast tho so make sure to turn on before takeoff. And the pressure wasnt a problem either, local altimeter 28.33 set everything just fine. I also saw some Ka50s doing damage so I dont know if they had any problems to report either.:thumbup: