Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

relating transports:

is there a way to know which items or personel need to be delivered?

it seems those needs change from session to session.

for me its pretty annoying to realize i got the wrong parts after half an hour flight and tricky or shitty landing on a ship...:helpsmilie:

Release Notes for Next Version

Hello guys,

Finally a new update to Open Conflict!

This update is a bit bigger that I would have liked but a lot of these features are some foundation work and not actual playable features.

Vyrtuoz are I did some combined testing with this new OC version and the Tacview 1.6 alpha but there might/must still be some bugs.

As usual, don't hesitate to report bugs on the forum ; the more sensitive feature will have a red reminder.

I will monitor the server, logs and forums to address the new issues this update can bring.

In Masterscript: Skynet v3.5

Terminator Program

• Each client now has a Skynet rank
  • Skynet ranking is as follow:
    • Puny Human
    • Skynet Lieutenant - Admin 1
    • Skynet Captain - Admin 2
    • Skynet Overlord - Dev & Admin 3

[*]Each chat command now requires a minimum rank to be activated

• Puny Humans only have access to regular commands like before
    • Skynet Lieutenants now have access to some admin commands
    • Skynet Captains now have access to all admin commands
    • Overlords have access to all commands, admin and dev

[*]Skynet Agents...

• ...will get a notification in chat when they join the server
    • ...will still be affected by Skynet automatic penalty system
    • ... can only affect clients of lower ranks than them

New Commands:

• The command to 'eject a player to spectator' is now finalized and set as an admin 1 command
  • Added a 'Warn Player' admin 1 command that will display the warning in the player chat and text popup (if in an unit)
  • Added a 'Force CAP Respawn' dev command to test some of the new CAP features

New Stats:

• Added the number of time a player got kicked in the stats
  • (not displayed in -stats command popup

Support for Incursion changes

• Added manpads to database
  • A ground objective with SAM (like an incursion with manpad) can now respawn

Support for ALG (Advanced Launching Ground)

• Added the ALG concept in Skynet (a forward improvised mini airfield to launch planes)
  • ALG are flagged as Homebase
  • ALG are explosive pick-up points

Plant Explosive

• Prevent the detonate command if you are too close from one of your device

AI CAP Algorithm (Big changes / Don't hesitate to report bugs)

• AI CAP Respawn can now be suspended by some conditions
    • For now, if the player count is too high
    • Will add more conditions when the algorithm is released and proven to work
    • The reason of the suspension can be seen in "-aa" command for both your and the enemy's CAP

• AI CAP Respawn can now be forced
    • The force respawn will override respawn timer and respawn suspension
    • The force respawn will happen when special events happen
    • For now, the only special event is the dev request through the dev command
    • Will add more events (like the bad kill concept we talked about) when the algorithm is released and proven to work

• CAP Respawns now output a objective notification to player
    • You will get a message for your and the enemy's CAP respawn
    • If forced, the message will display the event that lead to a force respawn for everyone to understand what's happening

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.3.1

Respawning Incursions

• Now have MANPADS so be careful
  • The name of the incursions now reflects this addition

FOB versus FARP

• Skynet is not using the FARP name anymore for objectives
  • Renamed "Forward FARP" objectives to "Forward Operating Base" to match the aircraft named @FOB
  • This will be less confusing ; FARP will just reference the DCS map object. The FOB has multiple FARPs.

Advanced Launching Ground [ALG]

• Added a forward improvised mini airfield to launch planes to both side
  • IRL, the L in ALG is supposed to be landing but I don't want to imply you can land and rearm in these places
  • For now, only WWII planes can be launched from there
  • "On Ground" planes are not officially supported by ED (only helicopters) so don't hesitate to report bugs
  • I've only tested the P51 as it's the only WWII plane I own
  • No rearm at ALG but planes come with a default light loadout (maximum rockets)
  • Near a straight enough road (red side might be a bit trickier)
  • Placed in the vicinity of FOBs but still separate
  • Explosive pick-up point

Red AWACS

• Red side hired a British crew for their awacs
  • Red AWACS codename is now Solex
  • Red AWACS is now speaking in english in imperial units
  • Again, having a British A-50 is not officially in DCS so don't hesitate to report bugs

btn_donate_pp_142x27.png

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

relating transports:

is there a way to know which items or personel need to be delivered?:helpsmilie:

-tr give you an overview of what objectives are in the delivery/transport system

-tr <objectiveCode> will give you detailed information on what the objective needs / has.

Example: blue side, typing "-tr CAR" will give you detailed information on the Forward Carrier

It also works for every commands like -aa CAP1 ; -ag TUR ; -re SMO ....

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Loving the new update Mirknir! I found a few small issues regarding the "On Ground" spawning points. The Viggen (soon™) will be a lot of fun to mess around with on these spawn points.

On the redfor team, my airplane settles to the ground very abruptly on spawn and it seems to either break my airplane or completely flip it every attempt (especially in the 190).

Screen_161211_164517.jpg

Also, with the 109 there is no way to start it as the ground crew runs the inertial starter.

Will the option to refuel be available to us at these spawn points?

Edited by PilotRyan
Added Photo

Win10 Pro | i7 7920hq | ASUS ROG Strix RTX2080 | Thrustmaster FCS (Thanks Dojo & The 476th Podcast!)

I'm a low flyer :helpsmilie:

Loving the new update Mirknir! I found a few small issues regarding the "On Ground" spawning points. The Viggen (soon™) will be a lot of fun to mess around with on these spawn points.

On the redfor team, my airplane settles to the ground very abruptly on spawn and it seems to either break my airplane or completely flip it every attempt (especially in the 190).

Also, with the 109 there is no way to start it as the ground crew runs the inertial starter.

Will the option to refuel be available to us at these spawn points?

Sadly, the ALG feature is outside of what DCS usually allows.

I had to modify my DCS to be able to do that.

DCS only supports "On Ground" helicopters (and not that well anyways)

When I checked, the planes could not connect to ground power or rearm even if I added nearby trucks.

Adding planes on FARP could be done but would just be messy as the FARP hill will destroy your wheels.

The red ALG placement can be moved to a more flat zone, no problemo. :thumbup:

I may be able to add HOT planes if, to start, they require more that the ALG can provide.:dunno:

I can't add refueling afaik. :mad:

I know it's limited but it shouldn't actually exist :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

very good update, thanks for the nice work:thumbup:

but as usual there are a couple of bugs to report:

1-all german ww2 planes (i dont own a p51) on redfor spawn either with broken prop or broken gear or as shown in PilotRyan's pic above.

2-Bf109 needs a hot spawn on the ground if possible, or it needs ground crew to run inertial starter.

3- your _Mirknir Su27 is now available for all players to choose, pretty sure that was not supposed to happen.

4- now this is actually not a report but more a request, please don't give both Fw190 the useless R4M rockets, either give one the Werfer-Granate 21 or remove the useless R4M from one.

Edited by NASA6

very good update, thanks for the nice work:thumbup:

but as usual there are a couple of bugs to report:

1-all german ww2 planes (i dont own a p51) on redfor spawn either with broken prop or broken gear or as shown in PilotRyan's pic above.

After doing some testing with NASA6 here are are results.

BLUE:

BF109 ALG1 spawns fine

BF109 ALG2 spawns fine

FW190 ALG1 spawns fine

FW190 ALG2 spawns fine

P51 ALG1 spawns with broken flap on right wing

P51 ALG2 spawns spawns fine

RED:

BF109 ALG1 spawns hard and breaks tailwheel (airplane is floating for NASA6)

BF109 ALG2 spawns hard and breaks tailwheel (airplane is floating for NASA6)

FW190 ALG1 spawns REALLY hard and technically has a prop strike

FW190 ALG2 spawns REALLY hard and also has a prop strike

P51 ALG1 spawns hard and breaks something (airplane is floating for NASA6)

P51 ALG2 spawns hard and also breaks something (airplane is floating for NASA6)

Win10 Pro | i7 7920hq | ASUS ROG Strix RTX2080 | Thrustmaster FCS (Thanks Dojo & The 476th Podcast!)

I'm a low flyer :helpsmilie:

Hot Fixes

In Masterscript: Skynet v3.5.1

• Add Ural-4320 APA-5D in the database
  • Dedicated slots should go back to being dedicated
  • Fix an log error spam "Wrecks have NO RUNTIME OBJECT"
  • Fix aircraft carriers not being monitored and spamming log error

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.3.2

ALG

• Fix blue P51 ALG1 that spawns with broken flap on right wing
  • Move red ALG down south where it's flatter
  • All Bf109 slots @ALG should now HOT spawn because there is not ground crew available there
  • All Fw190 slots @ALG should now come with Werfer-Granate 21 rockets

Fleets

• Fix Anapa and Gudauta fleets having initial speed but no waypoints

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hey there Mirknir, not sure if someone has posted this already but something seems to be happening with spawns; the plane's hitboxes are colliding. Probably a DCS issue but can't be sure. First time this happened, I was taxi-ing out of the hanger and the hitbox for my plane came into contact with a currently spawning craft that was being generated inside of a hanger. Same thing just happened to me again, except this time I was the one spawning inside a hanger.br8k30B.jpg

I found Mirknir! skip to about 45 seconds

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Hey Mirk, I'm a bit bummed out about the player constellations in OC lately...

Usually its 70-80% players in fighters, with a fair share of F15, Mirage and SU27/33.

Groundpounding is rather rare, since the amount of fighter pouring into the conflict zone at any time makes it hard to defend and give time to an A10 or something else.

Yesterday for example: Cravgar shoots someone down around Tuapse, said player hops into a new F15, three bags and full burn towards bulls again.

By the time Crav was RTB starting to refuel and rearm, the other Player was already at it again shooting people down. All of the people in the Teamspeak that evening agreed on the disadvantage to groundpounders in the conflict zone.

Whis is an absolute shame! The ground targets in the conflict zone are really well done and fun to attack. They are just not reachable anymore, and its freaking frustrating to get shot down every sortie you try to do!

Nothing bad about getting shot down in fighters though, because 3 bags full burn, here we go!

Something has to be done about this, I used to enjoy the ground targets with less players and also seemingly less fighters. Reduction of fighter slots, dry spawning, whatever.

I'd just like to see the number of groundpounders go up a bit again, and stop this Open Cluster****.

Was trying to refuel off the IL earlier tonight... seems it flies a pretty erratic pattern, abrupt airspeed changes and weaving as it passes what I assume are way points.

Would it be possible for the tankers, at the very least the IL, to fly a more traditional race track?

Strange, noy suppoaed to be erratic except if engaged.

I'll check see if something has changed in the last DCS or OC update. :thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hey Mirk, I'm a bit bummed out about the player constellations in OC lately...

Usually its 70-80% players in fighters, with a fair share of F15, Mirage and SU27/33.

Groundpounding is rather rare, since the amount of fighter pouring into the conflict zone at any time makes it hard to defend and give time to an A10 or something else.

Yesterday for example: Cravgar shoots someone down around Tuapse, said player hops into a new F15, three bags and full burn towards bulls again.

By the time Crav was RTB starting to refuel and rearm, the other Player was already at it again shooting people down. All of the people in the Teamspeak that evening agreed on the disadvantage to groundpounders in the conflict zone.

Whis is an absolute shame! The ground targets in the conflict zone are really well done and fun to attack. They are just not reachable anymore, and its freaking frustrating to get shot down every sortie you try to do!

Nothing bad about getting shot down in fighters though, because 3 bags full burn, here we go!

Something has to be done about this, I used to enjoy the ground targets with less players and also seemingly less fighters. Reduction of fighter slots, dry spawning, whatever.

I'd just like to see the number of groundpounders go up a bit again, and stop this Open Cluster****.

I'll second this! whilst I like the fact this server is open for all and not what some see as a hardcore server I do think that the intention is for this server to be air quake.

I nearly always fly CAP for people like Bert else otherwise they don't even reach target but the fact a pilot can go down and be back into the combat zone within a couple of minutes just ins't fair to those trying to do the objectives.

We see it in servers like buddy spike whereby the FC3 planes start with 0 fuel which means they HAVE to spend time on the tarmac. I vote for something like this to be implemented which buys some time!

It gets very demoralising when you know you have that 5-10 minute start-up and some one just comes in spams all their missiles, ejects and flies straight back in...if FC3 dont start empty then may as well run more hot starts (i do not think this is a good solution)

I'll second this! whilst I like the fact this server is open for all and not what some see as a hardcore server I do think that the intention is for this server to be air quake.

I nearly always fly CAP for people like Bert else otherwise they don't even reach target but the fact a pilot can go down and be back into the combat zone within a couple of minutes just ins't fair to those trying to do the objectives.

We see it in servers like buddy spike whereby the FC3 planes start with 0 fuel which means they HAVE to spend time on the tarmac. I vote for something like this to be implemented which buys some time!

It gets very demoralising when you know you have that 5-10 minute start-up and some one just comes in spams all their missiles, ejects and flies straight back in...if FC3 dont start empty then may as well run more hot starts (i do not think this is a good solution)

Hello guys,

I've indeed noted the overwhelming presence of fighters on the server lately and especially FC3 fighters.

FC3 Fighters have always been a problem for the design as they start fast, are a big threat for other people and sometimes attracts "air quakers" like you said.

Don't get me wrong ; I don't mind FC3 fighter pilots and I am actually one.

But yea, usually, "air quakers" will care about getting kills over anything else including staying alive, conserving fuel or ammo, making sure the target is an enemy, coming back to base...

And sadly, FC3 fighters are the best tool for these purposes.

I don't mind this playstyle ; it can be fun but I don't want this on my server as it removes too much gameplay from other people.

So far, I've put all fighters on the furthest bases from the Conflict Zones and the other planes on the closest. Some non FC3 fighters also have HOT slots to compensate.

But still fighters are the fastest planes and can eat the distance difference pretty fast especially when you don't care about fuel.

I've also added the concept of "captured pilot" and "died while engaged" concept to encourage people to stay alive but it has its limits especially if the number one priority is having kills.

All these features seemed to work so far or at least, make 'air quakers' go to other servers better for this playstyle.

But something has changed and I don't know what.

I was already considering reducing the FC3 fighter slots on both side to avoid having teams too unbalanced in term of fighters ; this could also help this new problem.

Also, I always thought DCS needed a death penalty because IRL, people are actually trying to stay alive. Having to restart your aircraft is a penalty but not for everyone.

I think spawning the FC3 fighters with limited fuel will give a noticeable death penalty and maybe cripple a bit the "air quaker" playstyles.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Also, I always thought DCS needed a death penalty because IRL, people are actually trying to stay alive. Having to restart your aircraft is a penalty but not for everyone.

I think spawning the FC3 fighters with limited fuel will give a noticeable death penalty and maybe cripple a bit the "air quaker" playstyles.

I also think this could help. Respawning shouldn't be more comfortable then returning back to base. Talking about fuel levels, setting at least the hot start A10s to maybe 80% fuel would be much appreciated! :thumbup:

100% Fuel is about 2.5-3 Hours of flighttime in the A10 at 100% throttle, which is nice if you can loiter around. However, this in not really the case for this setting, more like a hit and run style.

If I go for Tuapse base for example, 50% fuel is more than enough to get there, search targets and return to base safely.

And since its a slow plane, every 5-10kts we can go faster is worth cutting the fuel.

I think the one life per hour or one life per server restart could hold up. If you die or eject and are not rescued or captured you wait an hour or until the server restarts.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I think the one life per hour or one life per server restart could hold up. If you die or eject and are not rescued or captured you wait an hour or until the server restarts.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

One life's every 15 mins I'd say. Hour is too one and reset is excessive. Even then I think this should be at the bottom of the test list. Personally I think fuel levels is the solution.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

I say just copy buleflag essentially, 6 lives per reset in fighter aircraft 8 lives per reset for helos unlimited legacy/trainer lives. Or something of the sort. (this could even be in ADDITION to limited/i say empty is better, fuel) Might be too hardcore for some people tho :lol:

The reason i say its better than "limited fuel" because spawning empty allows a pilot (non air quake pilot i should say, the quakers will do what they do until lives are limited) to actually have a moment to plan his fuel load. Maybe he just wants to cruz around and practice landing at different weights, or maybe being empty to start with will encourage some strategic fuel planning that someone can play with. Just my two cents

Edited by acdelta57

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

I say just copy buleflag essentially, 6 lives per reset in fighter aircraft 8 lives per reset for helos unlimited legacy/trainer lives. Or something of the sort. (this could even be in ADDITION to limited/i say empty is better, fuel) Might be too hardcore for some people tho :lol:

The reason i say its better than "limited fuel" because spawning empty allows a pilot (non air quake pilot i should say, the quakers will do what they do) to actually have a moment to plan his fuel load. Maybe he just wants to cruz around and practice landing at different weights, or maybe being empty to start with will encourage some strategic fuel planning that someone can play with. Just my two cents

Do the F-5 and MiG-21 qualify as legacy? Because I'd love to have unlimited lives flying around with you and Cosmic in my new F-5E-3 :smilewink:

Edit: Good point about fuel planning,it's a pain to defuel when I just want to take an aircraft up for a pattern.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.