Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Just had another potential future skynet idea:

A 'mayday' chat command which will give the player a vector to the nearest friendly fighter, ai or human. This would be mega useful for helos or ground pounders who have been bounced by the enemy without them having to make themselves vulnerable by checking the F10 map.

That way the player knows where to head and the fighter player's name so they can ask for help in the chat if desired. If there is an enemy fighter within a certain radius of the plane (10-12 miles would be good, a fighter at that range is likely pressing for an attack) then this could activate 'phase 2' of the mayday feature. If there's no enemy fighter in the immediate area then it would just give the heading to the nearest friendly.

'Phase 2' of this would be that the nearest player then receives a skynet message regarding the call for help. This will give them the heading and distance to the player needing help, as well as the type of plane they are flying to help minimise friendly fire.

If the fighter heeds the call and kills whatever is near his teammate, he gets a score boost and a message from skynet congratulating him for assisting a teammate. Could even be a voice message (like the team kill one) saying 'You assisted a teammate!' or something and the killfeed maybe could indicate an assist kill.

Example scenario: Bert in an L39 with Cosmicdoubloon in an F-5

Bert spots an enemy fighter pressing towards him at close range

Bert: -may

Skynet: Bert, nearest friendly fighter is 293 for 14nm/26km. Friendly is Cosmicdoubloon in F-5

Skynet: Cosmicdoubloon, Bert in L39ZA has requested fighter assistance! Heading 113 for 14nm/26km.

Game Chat: Cosmicdoubloon in F-5 -> gar-8 -> mr datalink in SU-33

Game Chat: Cosmicdoubloon just saved a teammate!

Skynet: Cosmicdoubloon, you just assisted an under-attack teammate! Well done!

Thoughts?

Fantastic idea, would love to see it added.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

I ll check the SAR feature see if something is not working anymore with the recent patches.

When you see something wrong like that don't hesitate to use the -report command to mark the moment in the logs for me :)

You can also screenshot and post a screenshot of the -me command popup

Then it's easier for me to debug :thumbup:

report sent ingame. the map was completely littered with the solder units standing around earlier and most of them were already rescued or timed out.

merry christmas!

report sent ingame. the map was completely littered with the solder units standing around earlier and most of them were already rescued or timed out.

merry christmas!

ok cool ; seems like a new generalized despawn problem :helpsmilie:

I'll ask Santa for advice :pilotfly:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

More famous visitors on OC, making even better videos!

I've got so close to doing that so many times in my F5, except most of the time the couple extra seconds I spent fart arsing with the missiles trying to get a tone gives me that little bit of extra time to properly ID my target before I commit to the fox :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Been away from DCS for weeeeeks. Back on today felt so goood! However I am still quite a bit rusty. I love the manpad at incursion! Sneaky lil bugger. Pics to follow. Also the 31 slots are a nice addition as well.

Ps I think it was mentioned already but just to +1, hope to see spitfire duel slots soon!

Merry Christmas/happy holidays Mirknir

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

In Masterscript: Skynet v3.5.4 (In next reset)

• Fix a bug in the despawn of pilot, command and explosive pack objects
    • This was my fault, not a DCS patch :music_whistling:
    • I hope it will fix your issues with SAR

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Gave up on trying to takeoff with the spitfire, went to the bread and butter with L39 and F5...although my F5 took some manpad damage lol:thumbup:

Screen_161224_080345.thumb.jpg.9281760bff1629013c7a9d088f07f019.jpg

Screen_161224_080347.thumb.jpg.2b0bb7f22da6c358d043767302028a6f.jpg

Screen_161224_080358.thumb.jpg.acfc87e242e25e4d9cdd69498cf17c3e.jpg

Screen_161224_080422.thumb.jpg.ca74ff111721d4b665bb0a0658e274d0.jpg

Screen_161224_080410.thumb.jpg.665d9ccefa3871f85791a24f7d40e15d.jpg

Screen_161224_083132.thumb.jpg.0dc3908eefecf57d43fc9a7472f5a05a.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

Gave up on trying to takeoff with the spitfire, went to the bread and butter with L39 and F5...although my F5 took some manpad damage lol:thumbup:

Shoot, guess I missed you in the F-5 dust, Merry Christmas and you owe me a flight tomorrow :)

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Shoot, guess I missed you in the F-5 dust, Merry Christmas and you owe me a flight tomorrow :)

Yeah man totally!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Happy Hanukkah to everyone :) Sorry I haven't been able to catch any of you over the festive period, so here's a jolly yet for you all!

Fighter+Jet+Christmas+USMC.jpg

A hint at something I treated myself to for christmas? Maybe... Maybe not ;)

COSMICFREAKINGDUBLOOON!!!!! Seriously?! This was the beginning of our DCS life together with me trying to fly a saber into the depths of the original Kashuri conflict zone and you providing CAP in Mig 29! I'll have to try and find some of the original screenshots on my old HDD. I can honestly say I've never had an additional Sabre wingman EVER in the history of DCS. This would be a breakthrough. Merry Christmas! Can't wait for some missions in the new year!

COSMICFREAKINGDUBLOOON!!!! I can honestly say I've never had an additional Sabre wingman EVER in the history of DCS. This would be a breakthrough. Merry Christmas! Can't wait for some missions in the new year!

i will tell you a short story my friend, Friday November the 25th, a great comrade who had great visions and created great glorious red fast planes passed away:cry:

Vano Mikoyan was his name!

and since that day i decided to give capitalist planes a chance, that is how it all started.

so since i really like old planes i went online and bought myself an F86 Sabre, every time i flew it, it felt like i lost a piece of Communism, but in the same time it felt good, it is true that the forbidden stuff are the most desired, it just felt different:thumbup:

anyway enough bullshit, you have now Wingmen and not only one wingman:pilotfly:, cant wait to be back home and to fly it with you guys, i still need to get that gar8 kill.

Merry Christmas to you guys and wish you a great New year.

i will tell you a short story my friend, Friday November the 25th, a great comrade who had great visions and created great glorious red fast planes passed away:cry:

Vano Mikoyan was his name!

and since that day i decided to give capitalist planes a chance, that is how it all started.

so since i really like old planes i went online and bought myself an F86 Sabre, every time i flew it, it felt like i lost a piece of Communism, but in the same time it felt good, it is true that the forbidden stuff are the most desired, it just felt different:thumbup:

anyway enough bullshit, you have now Wingmen and not only one wingman:pilotfly:, cant wait to be back home and to fly it with you guys, i still need to get that gar8 kill.

Merry Christmas to you guys and wish you a great New year.

Make that 3 wingmen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AH felt so good to get some DCS back in my life! A few randoms from landing on trains and helo parties with berts new mi8, and some F5/A10 strike missions.:pilotfly:

Screen_161226_122828.thumb.jpg.3b183470bd7a2ca022fc18115e723514.jpg

Screen_161226_143357.thumb.jpg.36717b454fe33294f3676ff0581ace0b.jpg

Screen_161226_234044.thumb.jpg.d45acfe881585171ebdd7c1c8ad1482b.jpg

Screen_161227_083111.thumb.jpg.222dc92293d8eb7285d47777a0a6753e.jpg

Screen_161227_083116.thumb.jpg.7a454532d98a5dc3f34f32bf9f21a4c1.jpg

Screen_161227_083134.thumb.jpg.d60f0377c3e71c734ed0e5cf15f409ab.jpg

Screen_161227_083451.thumb.jpg.2eb9706d87f1ec420ee613eda5d235c4.jpg

Screen_161227_083508.thumb.jpg.1c2a0b4ee05d211f192cc2a28d83b787.jpg

Screen_161227_083625.thumb.jpg.9742c14e6a8f41c2649279e0a599c0bc.jpg

Screen_161227_083514.thumb.jpg.93716fc57f5620004be07e64f36e329f.jpg

Screen_161227_083532.thumb.jpg.64e2d07c6dd195741626ca39ee601835.jpg

Screen_161226_231800.thumb.jpg.c192f75994543925e0655dbb4d2f8cc6.jpg

Hi,

First I want to thank you for this fun and very stable server!

After flying a few days in Mirage on it, I would like to give some feedback and suggestions if that's ok. They are only 2 points :)

1. Could you please seperate the AWACS Radio channel from the ATCs? So they dont interrupt / spam each other

2. Could you please set waypoints to the Mirage? Especially for Bullseye and eventually some ground targets and bases? So we dont have to enter them manually

Cheers for the tremendous work!

AH felt so good to get some DCS back in my life! A few randoms from landing on trains and helo parties with berts new mi8, and some F5/A10 strike missions.:pilotfly:

Will post screenshots of the F-5/A-10 strike mission soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Re passive refuelling, I don't really mind it THAT much as yes it's a sim. But without knowing that refuelling is happening it's very confusing, also, if you leave f15 flaps down it will prevent refuelling, and you can only move them when engines are on, so fixing a refuelling mistake takes some care.

Perhaps an indicator prompt/announce saying "refuelling started" for fc3 aircraft would help people figuring all this out.

In other news, I pulled off a near perfect TWS attack the other day:

http://tinyurl.com/j7y9z3e

If you hate airquaking, you'll hate this ;) though to be fair, it's not as straightforward as running at full ab and hitting the fire button, I did plan this approach to include the distraction down below. It doesn't usually work this well.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

Re passive refuelling, I don't really mind it THAT much as yes it's a sim. But without knowing that refuelling is happening it's very confusing, also, if you leave f15 flaps down it will prevent refuelling, and you can only move them when engines are on, so fixing a refuelling mistake takes some care.

Perhaps an indicator prompt/announce saying "refuelling started" for fc3 aircraft would help people figuring all this out.

In other news, I pulled off a near perfect TWS attack the other day:

http://tinyurl.com/j7y9z3e

If you hate airquaking, you'll hate this ;) though to be fair, it's not as straightforward as running at full ab and hitting the fire button, I did plan this approach to include the distraction down below. It doesn't usually work this well.

Would've been respectable if you hadn't spammed 6 -120Cs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's what TWS is designed for. If I was noob spamraaming I'd have launched them all on the nearest guy. Edit: and at 6000 ft.

Edited by Shabi

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

Re passive refuelling, I don't really mind it THAT much as yes it's a sim. But without knowing that refuelling is happening it's very confusing

You have to request refueling and then, when it's done, it says "Refueling complete". You can also see the fuel level rising on your fuel gauge.

I am not sure what you mean by not knowing the refueling is happening.

Also, check these other solutions I was considering implementing here and I think the IN AIR slots could bring the death cool down without the passivity.

In other news, I pulled off a near perfect TWS attack the other day

Let's put in that way: it's a good demo of the F15 technology.

But yea, in term of piloting skills, awareness of your surrounding and not dying, it's not that great and I think that's why you will have different type of responses.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread