Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

ATC works fine if you can manage to tune the radios.

Mirkir on another note, lots of people having problems with the winds since your last weather change, plus the temps at -20c cause the Huey to not be able to start unless it's at an airbase that can provide ground power. Just an fyi

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

ATC works fine if you can manage to tune the radios.

Mirkir on another note, lots of people having problems with the winds since your last weather change, plus the temps at -20c cause the Huey to not be able to start unless it's at an airbase that can provide ground power. Just an fyi

Lots of people or you? I was able to conduct a great flight in several aircraft just fine. The mirage is actually the easiest to land in winds due to the FBW. Maybe some practice is needed.

As far as Huey's go, I was able to connect ground power just fine and start...then I couldn't....trying a to pinpoint what is happening currently

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Lots of people or you? I was able to conduct a great flight in several aircraft just fine. The mirage is actually the easiest to land in winds due to the FBW. Maybe some practice is needed.

As far as Huey's go, I was able to connect ground power just fine and start...then I couldn't....trying a to pinpoint what is happening currently

I have seen plenty of complaints over the last couple of days from other people. I am actually "OK" with the wind, though I do think that it might be a bit much especially for new players that are coming on.

You're an experienced pilot. That is not a fair comment.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Im not trying to be mean nor disrespectful, but whats the only way to get better? Practice right? Cant always have optimal conditions and expect to gain experience is all im getting at.

I am not having any issues starting huey right now either....but i have noticed the sound glitch in GER.

I wonder if this is an ED bug. Is the server on the most recent update?

I am hovering right now after a battery start from FOB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

I have the Huey sound glitch on any of the Forward FARPS, but if I randomly switch between positions I eventually lose the thumping sound. Also, I have noticed that more than usual panel vibration when the sound glitch occurs. Finally, I have had the ground crew deny my request for ground power randomly on the Forward FARPS while trying to start in the Arctic temperatures we have be seeing lately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't get any huey at farps to go above 20% gas during start. Once i let off the starter they will not even go that high again. When starting from the airport with ground power, it starts fine. Thought I saw another post somewhere that someone else was seeing the same thing - won't start without ground power at temp lower than -10c

Have u tried tonight? Im assuming mirknir changed it because im only showing 5c at the FARP. Ground Power works fine, starts work fine. I do have sound glitch...that must be an ED thing

I did get my first "unable to comply" but battery start worked fine. (this was in a sound glitched huey, also the sound glitch stopped as soon as i depressed the starter...)

How about getting the ground crew to disconnect ground power? I can't get a disconnect....when I leave from Krasnodar it's all, "hey, what are you doing?" I try repeated attempts at the FARP and at Krasnodar and it will not disconnect.

Im not trying to be mean nor disrespectful, but whats the only way to get better? Practice right? Cant always have optimal conditions and expect to gain experience is all im getting at.

That's true...but maybe 5 - 6 m/second is a more appropriate level for practice. 11 meters per second is probably a shock for a lot of people. It certainly is for me...I get a kick out of flying a Huey sideways though.

Have u tried tonight? Im assuming mirknir changed it because im only showing 5c at the FARP. Ground Power works fine, starts work fine. I do have sound glitch...that must be an ED thing

Yea I've -ninja- updated the time of day for the mirage bug and the weather to be less extreme and cold but still with some good wind :thumbup:

Changing weather and time of day is part of OC with some more or less extreme and I try to keep the more extreme patterns the shorter time.

This is something I wanna keep because I think it brings variety and a nice training

I am trying to stay within some limits to avoid grounding some aircrafts. For example, I won't put my mach-1-wind weather pattern even if it was a blast to fly in.

I am also experimenting with dynamic weather so don't hesitate to try both red and blue weather cause it might change and don't trust THAT MUCH the weather info DCS put in the briefing as it might whange from one airport to another :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Awesome! Good stuff!

As for the mirage bug that has been fixed the last I flew it. Just requires 1 extra switch in the cockpit to be clicked just future FYI. I miss my Barthek snow textures lol

Also the low level heavy fog was the best weather yet I think IMO:pilotfly:

How about getting the ground crew to disconnect ground power? I can't get a disconnect....when I leave from Krasnodar it's all, "hey, what are you doing?" I try repeated attempts at the FARP and at Krasnodar and it will not disconnect.

I get the same, the ground crew won't disconnect it. I usually just ignore them and go.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

I get the same, the ground crew won't disconnect it. I usually just ignore them and go.

that's why ground power doesn't always work for some people, because you guys are flying away with the damn ground power units still attached and dangling down your huey!!! :lol:;)

how's the ground crew supposed to keep up replacing these things... they don't come cheap!

So much salt for a little wind!

Ill be on all day and more than happy to help with crosswind practice for anyone thats interested. Just hit me up in game or TS

mirknir sounds good. I will check it out again tonight! The dynamic weather would be neat, I recall seeing a post on another server's thread (I think 104th?) that they are messing around with dynamic weather. I wonder, is there like a community of server admins where you guys share your scripts etc, or are these largely independent efforts? For example I think you've done a lot of good stuff on your server with the missions and the F10 options that other servers could probably benefit from!

Who is going to be online tomorrow the 04.01 noun and afternoon ?!

Maybe some warbird party/ helo party ?

I'll be on as soon as I wake up man! 6am freedom time! Then back to work for 4 days

I'll be on as soon as I wake up man! 6am freedom time! Then back to work for 4 days

I hate my life XD, have good flights.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Mirknir thanks for the weather updates. Completed my first rescue mission in a Huey last night. The thing I like about your server is that it's a good way to simply train and learn without the timing pressures of an offline scripted mission, yet there's also a social element and if you want to ramp it up and go into enemy territory, you can do that. It's a well balanced all-around experience. I like hitting F2 to see what others are doing while I'm waiting for refueling etc. If dedicated server ever gets to a point where it could be hosted on AWS or something like that, I'd be happy to contribute.

Hello Mirk,

i came back home today and jumped on OC but i kept timing out all the time from the server although my internet is normal, my ping is the same as it used to be and i tried connecting to other servers and had no Issue playing on them without losing connection.

did anything change ?