Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

With my skills I normally fly around in my Huey as if the wind is 40 knots everyday.

Actually I think the winds helped me keep a straight course lol.

That may explain why I've been so unusually elegant in my Huey lately.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Hey!

From my perspective "airquake" is a mentality you can apply to all servers because only the Pilot/player decides how to use all this time&energy. So I see no need to limit anyone. How ever I respect and can see what your points are about. But then why not just visit the BlueFlag server. :) For me FC3 requires the same workload and tactic. Be that Su-25T vs A-10C or M2K vs Su-27. Both FC3 modules mentioned have simpler systems yes. But we have HOTAS, F10MAP. - The tactic, regardless of module is what it is all about for me :) Not so much if a switch is visually moving or not. A enemy do not get less dangerous just because you are in a Su-25T compared to the A-10C :D

What this fuel balance system will end up doing. is people just take the mirage module that fit to their "airquake" mentality :)

I enjoy OC & Skynet. But I still want to say thanks for letting me know about other servers where people them selves can decide the amount of realism they want for their fly out in a computer game. Be that FC3 or clicky click modules :)

Have a nice day

There are plenty of other servers where you can go "Airquake" if you like. The 104th has a great server for that. But those of us that fly the the full fidelity modules, there is quite a bit of start up time involved before we can get into the action.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey!

From my perspective "airquake" is a mentality you can apply to all servers because only the Pilot/player decides how to use all this time&energy. So I see no need to limit anyone. How ever I respect and can see what your points are about. But then why not just visit the BlueFlag server. :) For me FC3 requires the same workload and tactic. Be that Su-25T vs A-10C or M2K vs Su-27. Both FC3 modules mentioned have simpler systems yes. But we have HOTAS, F10MAP. - The tactic, regardless of module is what it is all about for me :) Not so much if a switch is visually moving or not. A enemy do not get less dangerous just because you are in a Su-25T compared to the A-10C :D

What this fuel balance system will end up doing. is people just take the mirage module that fit to their "airquake" mentality :)

I enjoy OC & Skynet. But I still want to say thanks for letting me know about other servers where people them selves can decide the amount of realism they want for their fly out in a computer game. Be that FC3 or clicky click modules :)

Have a nice day

But that's just it, if the airquaking is too great, there is not enough space for other people to have the freedom to try to do something else.

When you constantly have 25 fighters in the air, quickly and ever respawning, armed with 6 to 12 very dangerous missiles, with enough fuel to just AB thru the map, with minimum consideration for their life and shooting everything that moves, you got to ask yourself: what if I want to do an helicopter run? What If I want to do an A-10C ground attack? Where is the space for F5 pilots?

Yea it's a computer game but it's an online one so you or at least I need to consider other people interests and create gameplay and spaces for them to play.

It would be the same if I added a great number of long range SAMS all over the map, creating a huge gameplay space for SEAD and almost none for Air to Air.

It's all a question of balance.

I am also trying to find better solutions to avoid having to do the fuel trick and suggestions are welcomed especially since the map and skynet will be redone soon.

I have some good ideas but none that I can implement quickly.

As for the Mirage2000, like I already said, it's not near the destruction power and flying range as the F15/Su27-33 so it doesn't compare in term of airquaking potential.

But at the end of the day, what's great about DCS is that you have different server with different philosophy and gameplays.

I will never be sad to see a aerobatic passionate go on an aerobatic server, an airquaker enthusiast go to a airquaker server or a WWII pilot going on a WII server.

It's what make DCS community diverse and interesting ; I am aiming for a diverse server with a lot of various opportunities and gameplay.

I also like to explain why I do things because usually, some people, bothered or not by a change, will consider the reason behind the changes and help me find a better solution :thumbup:

I am still trying to find other solutions to the problem ; it may requires a different kind of map to better spread the threats.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

The new weather...OMG ITS AMAZING LOVE IT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Are there any squads (whatever type of plane) flying on this server or known to fly on this server which I can join? I hate being a lone wolf in multiplayer :)

There are, some but there is also a large dedicated group of "Veterans" that can be found on teamspeak, and they often team up to work togeather in the conflict zone and also with training if you so wish. :thumbup:

There are, some but there is also a large dedicated group of "Veterans" that can be found on teamspeak, and they often team up to work togeather in the conflict zone and also with training if you so wish. :thumbup:

Sounds good, exactly what I was hoping for :) I'll jump on when joining the server.

i play on your server quiet a lot. i like the possibility to fly A/G missions. bomb there and go Air to Air with other players. i would like to see, some other paintjobs for the su-27´s maybe this one: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2123908/

i would also like to see at least 2 -3 Su27 with the same paintjob selectable.

but biggest "complaint" is that there are only 31 slots avaible.

very often the server is full or has only one slot left so i can bring my mates^^

Edited by 1stBEAST

i play on your server quiet a lot. i like the possibility to fly A/G missions. bomb there and go Air to Air with other players. i would like to see, some other paintjobs for the su-27´s maybe this one: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2123908/

very often the server is full or has only one slot left so i can bring my mates^^

SUpposedly they are working on a dedicated server that won't require a graphics card, maybe when that happens we can all chip in for Mirknir to host a server on amazon or something and have more slots open :)

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

The 31 slot limitation is because this server is run off of a pc at home and isn't a dedicated server like you see with some of the other big servers. Therefore it's limited by the power of the PC to cope, and the internet service provider. Obviously Supreme Leader Mirknir (long may he reign :worthy: ) will be able to give you the details but I think adding more might put too much strain on the system and we have seen the connection drop out regularly in the past when too many players maxed out his internet's ability to cope.

The livery idea is interesting. Having all the aircraft on a coalition in the same skin is kinda boring, but at the same time is so useful in dogfights for IDing a potential target. maybe for aircraft with lots of slots (FC3) they could be in pairs so you can have a wingman in the same livery.

On that note mirk small request. For the redfor F5's can we get rid of the god awful agressor snake/desert camos? I think they look too similar to the bluefor asia camo for one, and they just look... meh. Instead could we have 2 mig-28 and 2 in the grey/blue aggressor camo? I forget the actual name of the livery but it is the current non-mig-28 one at gudata. Very pretty skin :)

Edited by cosmicdoubloon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 31 slot limitation is because this server is run off of a pc at home and isn't a dedicated server like you see with some of the other big servers. Therefore it's limited by the power of the PC to cope, and the internet service provider. Obviously Supreme Leader Mirknir (long may he reign :worthy: ) will be able to give you the details but I think adding more might put too much strain on the system and we have seen the connection drop out regularly in the past when too many players maxed out his internet's ability to cope.

The livery idea is interesting. Having all the aircraft on a coalition in the same skin is kinda boring, but at the same time is so useful in dogfights for IDing a potential target. maybe for aircraft with lots of slots (FC3) they could be in pairs so you can have a wingman in the same livery.

On that note mirk small request. For the redfor F5's can we get rid of the god awful agressor snake/desert camos? I think they look too similar to the bluefor asia camo for one, and they just look... meh. Instead could we have 2 mig-28 and 2 in the grey/blue aggressor camo? I forget the actual name of the livery but it is the current non-mig-28 one at gudata. Very pretty skin :)

+1 with the F-5 livery change

Well since everyone is requesting Camo changes, i might as well just ask to change every Bf109 livery, it hurt my eyes to see that Mickey Mouse skin on the Bf109 (ESPANA), maybe just give most of the Bf109s a historical skin please !

Well since everyone is requesting Camo changes, i might as well just ask to change every Bf109 livery, it hurt my eyes to see that Mickey Mouse skin on the Bf109 (ESPANA), maybe just give most of the Bf109s a historical skin please !

As usual for skin request, bug report or feature request, I need details.

Historical skins doesn't mean anything to me :)

Can you be more precise and give me the actual official skins with names? :thumbup:

Also, I sometines dont have access to all skins as i dont own all the modules and I am only using official skins that comes with DCS, no add-on skins.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Or maybe a jsgme package with all the skins in one? That's my suggestion and keep it updated in the original post.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Open Conflict is indeed hosted on a home but still dedicated PC.

It's not a dedicated server as DCS doesn't have this concept yet ; it's just a DCS client that runs without 3D render like every other servers.

The biggest and most expensive blocker is the internet upload bandwidth that I've already upgraded last month and that also comes with a monthly bill :music_whistling:

Don't forget that the server is free but opened to donation if you want to contribute to its growth.

On another side, DCS is also using a lot of bandwidth and I would dare to say more that it should for so little content in the map.

I am also working on migrating Skynet to a new language that, in addition to a lot of features, would allow me more control on the Skynet-feature-related bandwidth needs and maybe more flexibility to host on third party computers.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Or maybe a jsgme package with all the skins in one? That's my suggestion and keep it updated in the original post.

I don't want for people to have to download and install something to have the full Open Conflict experience.

Also, DCS already comes with a lot of cool skins ; I can just get rid of the bad ones especially now that the skin is visible in the mission editor (which was not the case when the mission was created)

And I don't feel like it would be a good use of my Open Conflict dev time to create a skin package and keep it updated with everyone's personal requests while there are so much actual cool features to add :thumbup:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Can you be more precise and give me the actual official skins with names? :thumbup:

Also, I sometines dont have access to all skins as i dont own all the modules and I am only using official skins that comes with DCS, no add-on skins.

okay so for the F5 the skins on redfor to go are:

aggressor 'snake' scheme

aggressor 'desert' scheme

to be replaced with

1 more 'mig 28'

1 more 'aggressor VFC-13 '21'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think he's talking about the white shark US marines aggressor livery. I think keeping only ONE Mig 28 skin is perfect tho, saved just for one fearless Mig 28 pilot at a time :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

okay so for the F5 the skins on redfor to go are:

aggressor 'snake' scheme

aggressor 'desert' scheme

to be replaced with

1 more 'mig 28'

1 more 'aggressor VFC-13 '21'

Yea it was more for NASA post but thanks for the clarification.

I think the F5 is one of these module that I don't own and thus I can't see all the skins ; I ll re-check :thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

As usual for skin request, bug report or feature request, I need details.

Historical skins doesn't mean anything to me :)

alright sorry, should have mentioned the skins earlier :doh:

1- 1./NJG 11(w5) or NJG 11

2- 335xxx batch (or any skin with xxx in its name)

3- any available skin you have with a JG or Jagdgeschwader in its name.