Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

I would like to make a request.

The AJS 37 will be released in 8 days and im far from the only one excited to get her and fly her on the Open conflict Server.

What im asking for is if would it be possible for you to give her the Targets as waypoints (atleast the Stationary targets).

I know you usually dont give the Aircraft the waypoints but it would be extra important for the AJS 37.

While yes the Waypoints are an important help when it comes to navigation and knowing

the range to target etc but more importantly they will help in a different way when it comes to targeting.

Target QFE settings play a crucial role to make sure that the Weapons Calculations work correctly (and you get accurate weapon solutions)

and the easiest way to get the Correct QFE for each of the targets would be making them waypoints.

Leatherneck has made a custom Kneeboard feature where all waypoints created in the Mission editor are loaded onto a Kneeboard page where it gives you all the relevant information about those waypoints including the QFE setting.

(example)

f4bc7aa8fc014e01dcfeac2f57eaf14e03cb0bf3_1_328x500.png

This does not work however for Waypoints the player adds during the mission.

And since the correct QFE setting is required to accurately use

unguided munitions (but it would also help some guided munitions as well)

this would be of great help to make the AJS 37 fully functional on your server,since while it might be possible for players to manually calculate the QFE setting it would be a major pain to do so =P (and most players probably have no idea how to) and this would be the best and easiest way to solve the problem and give

Viggen Pilots the best Experience on the server.

The alternative would be if you added the QFE settings for the different targets in the Briefing but just adding the waypoints for the AJS 37 would probably be easier / faster.

With now only 5 days remaining i would like to Renew my question =P.

With now only 5 days remaining i would like to Renew my question =P.

I second this

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Back from Trip

Yo guys,

So like I said in a previous post, I was gone for a work trip last week but be reassured, I am now back :lol:

During this week, I also took a small break from the forum and took some time to reflect and think about the server's future.

I would like to make a request.

Leatherneck has made a custom Kneeboard feature where all waypoints created in the Mission editor are loaded onto a Kneeboard page where it gives you all the relevant information about those waypoints including the QFE setting.

Thanks for the head's up.

I will see what I can do but a specific request for an aircraft I don't own and thus a feature I can't test is never ideal for me.

I should ask again for free development keys to ED so I can dev and test my server on all aircrafts but I am pretty sure the answer will not change :music_whistling:

From all the feedback and suggestions, I got that waypoints are important for a lot of people.

I want to add some for players but because the mission has an open world feeling, it's not easy to add them in the mission editor as you can choose to go to any objectives.

I can still add some to major objectives but it won't be pretty.

I am looking at how to add waypoint dynamically depending on the objective you choose to attack.

It will be also be better as I want to move Skynet to a more dynamic system.

Hi there,

AWACS in russian side is giving contacts in US format (bulleyes and imperial system).

Please, can we get it in russian format ?

Thanks !

I can only choose a language for the AWACS and the language determines the unit system.

I choose English because it's the most common language even if I think the imperial system belongs to medieval times where people believed in magic and dragons.

Once Skynet takes over the AWACS system, the reporting will be in the unit you chose using "-opt unit" but it's not going to be soon :cry:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Yo guys,

So like I said in a previous post, I was gone for a work trip last week but be reassured, I am now back :lol:

During this week, I also took a small break from the forum and took some time to reflect and think about the server's future.

Thanks for the head's up.

I will see what I can do but a specific request for an aircraft I don't own and thus a feature I can't test is never ideal for me.

I should ask again for free development keys to ED so I can dev and test my server on all aircrafts but I am pretty sure the answer will not change :music_whistling:

From all the feedback and suggestions, I got that waypoints are important for a lot of people.

I want to add some for players but because the mission has an open world feeling, it's not easy to add them in the mission editor as you can choose to go to any objectives.

I can still add some to major objectives but it won't be pretty.

I am looking at how to add waypoint dynamically depending on the objective you choose to attack.

It will be also be better as I want to move Skynet to a more dynamic system.

Thanks.

The important part for the Viggen would be having the waypoints in order to get the QFE settings on the Kneeboard.

Since that is crucial for many of the weapons (All unguided munitions rely on having correct QFE settings)

Having good flightplans etc is less important then getting that QFE info =P.

(That will be automatically put together on a Kneeboard page if you have a waypoint at a location).

So having simple waypoints at the static land based targets would be of great help =P.

Since without waypoints it would be very hard to get accurate QFE settings for target areas (unless one did all the research and tried to manually calculate QFE) many of the weapons (Bombs,Rockets,Gunpods) would be more or less unusable without the correct QFE setting.

You could simply assign the waypoints according to distance to target (static targets only)

and you would not really have to do anything fancy just a waypoint at each target so that QFE setting page on the Kneeboard is generated.

Thanks again.

Edited by mattebubben

Seems to happen to me as well when I try to add bulls. Entering the cords correctly but the way point's miles and degrees off. Only in OC which is a shame.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Stupid question but i have to ask.

Have you guys remembered to Align the INS correctly?

Maby the Server Forces Manual Alignment?

Yes, in my case I did align the INS correctly but the waypoint I added was way off. In SP it's working as it should no problem whatsoever.

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Speaking about waypoint, why adding my own waypoints in M2000C way off...? Is it M2000C problem spesific ?

Don't forget to add details as I sadly don't own or know every aircrafts ;)

More information will also help me investigate faster if there is an actual problem in Open Conflict.

• What non working waypoint are you trying to add? To what objectif?
  • Is it a new problem or did you always have it?
  • Do some waypoints work or are they all off?
  • How off are they? Do you have screens?
  • What values the M2000 is expecting?
  • What values do you enter? lat lon?
  • Where do you get these values you enter? Skynet popup menu? F10 map?
  • If values from a source are not working, did you try another source?
  • Did you try to enter the same values in another plane's waypoint system like the A10C and see if they are off?

• Like 1

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

LIST]

[*]What non working waypoint are you trying to add? To what objectif?

The waypoint that I added from inside M2000C by adding lat & long

[*]Is it a new problem or did you always have it?

Since I have M2000C and play it.

[*]Do some waypoints work or are they all off?

They are all off

[*]How off are they? Do you have screens?

Pretty far off by degrees and miles. I'm sorry can't provide you with screen currently

[*]What values the M2000 is expecting?

Lat Lon (with minutes ? I'm not really sure, I should recheck again. Sorry)

[*]What values do you enter? lat lon?

Lat & Long

[*] Where do you get these values you enter? Skynet popup menu? F10 map?

F10 Map

[*] If values from a source are not working, did you try another source?

Yes I did. I have tried to make some airbase as waypoints and get its coordinate by clicking on it but still its off

[*] Did you try to enter the same values in another plane's waypoint system like the A10C and see if they are off?

I do have A-10C but haven't tried it yet.

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• What non working waypoint are you trying to add? To what objectif?
    The waypoint that I added from inside M2000C by adding lat & long

• Is it a new problem or did you always have it?
    Since I have M2000C and play it.

• Do some waypoints work or are they all off?
    They are all off

• How off are they? Do you have screens?
    Pretty far off by degrees and miles. I'm sorry can't provide you with screen currently

• What values the M2000 is expecting?
    Lat Lon (with minutes ? I'm not really sure, I should recheck again. Sorry)

• What values do you enter? lat lon?
    Lat & Long

• Where do you get these values you enter? Skynet popup menu? F10 map?
    F10 Map

• If values from a source are not working, did you try another source?
    Yes I did. I have tried to make some airbase as waypoints and get its coordinate by clicking on it but still its off

• Did you try to enter the same values in another plane's waypoint system like the A10C and see if they are off?
    I do have A-10C but haven't tried it yet.

Ok thanks for the clarification ; at least, it's not Skynet numbers that are off.

It seems like an aircraft specific problem ; maybe the mirage is allergic to the weather, time of day, month or something I put in the mission like it didn't like January. :helpsmilie:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

with the 1.5.6 version going into Open beta tomorrow will you remain on the 1.5.5 Stable version or will the server be updating to 1.5.6 (That will include the Viggen)

The public server stays on last stable to support website and steam players.

Updating to "stable" is already full of surprises and stress, I can't imagine updating the public server to a day-one open beta.

I know you guys want to play the viggen as soon as possible but I don't want to force players to update to an open beta.

Locally I will of course update my dev server to the last open beta to do some tests in anticipation to the full release.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Ofc fully understandable just wanted to check so i know what my alternative are =).

Luckily there will be other servers doing Open beta (104th for example)

so those (like me) who want to fly the Viggen in MP will still have the chance.

Will give me a week atleast to get familiar with the Viggen before i throw it into the Chaos that is Open Conflict ^^.

The public server stays on last stable to support website and steam players.

Updating to "stable" is already full of surprises and stress, I can't imagine updating the public server to a day-one open beta.

I know you guys want to play the viggen as soon as possible but I don't want to force players to update to an open beta.

Locally I will of course update my dev server to the last open beta to do some tests in anticipation to the full release.

Absolutely agree with this position.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Mirknir any plans to add forward observer or other slots for Combined Arms?

Last time I activated CA slots, this was just a troll fest.

ED didn't add script features to know what a combined arms player is doing.

Contrary to players in aircraft, I can't track who is controlling what, who hits and kills what.

I can't thus integrate this module in Skynet features including combat log or trolls auto kicking system.

As I am currently rebuilding Skynet outside lua, I am starting to get a way better tracking of units, weapons and players.

I will see if I can figure out a way to track AI units controlled by CA players or just restrict CA slots to "trusted" players or any other solutions I can think about.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hey Mirk, have you put any more thought into getting rid of all long range missiles? It is a lot of fun.

I am sorry but again, I just need more information.

I need to understand what situation or experiences prompted this feedback.

What happened? What long range missiles? Air to Air I guess?

Are you constantly killed by a FC3 planes while in a P51?

I am currently redoing a lot of Open Conflict and this kind of feedback is very important however, I need context.

Without context, it's very hard for me to truly understand the problem and come up with alternative solutions other than the radical ones that people gives.

"This past week, barking dogs woke me up every nights" is more useful to me than "can we get rid of the all the dogs" if you know what I mean.

I am currently working on random generation of content but I am also thinking ahead of a what could be the new map configuration so I am interested in detailed reports :thumbup:

Should I need to put more distance between fighters and attackers? Between FC3 and fidelity modules?

Should I offer more protection and better threat report to weaker planes?

This are the kind of stuff I am thinking about.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I am sorry but again, I just need more information.

I need to understand what situation or experiences prompted this feedback.

What happened? What long range missiles? Air to Air I guess?

Are you constantly killed by a FC3 planes while in a P51?

I am currently redoing a lot of Open Conflict and this kind of feedback is very important however, I need context.

Without context, it's very hard for me to truly understand the problem and come up with alternative solutions other than the radical ones that people gives.

"This past week, barking dogs woke me up every nights" is more useful to me than "can we get rid of the all the dogs" if you know what I mean.

I am currently working on random generation of content but I am also thinking ahead of a what could be the new map configuration so I am interested in detailed reports :thumbup:

Should I need to put more distance between fighters and attackers? Between FC3 and fidelity modules?

Should I offer more protection and better threat report to weaker planes?

This are the kind of stuff I am thinking about.

Oh, no it wasn't because of anything that happened to me at all, I don't mind if we keep the slammers so it isn't necessarily a problem, but having only semi-active radar guided missiles (yes, air to air) on both sides mean engagements happen at closer range (you get into closer dogfights), and having to keep lock for your missiles to track means you can't just turn away after firing. It's something the 16AGR server is doing right now if you want to see how it plays out.

I didn't suggest it due to any sort of current issues, it's just one of many (long range active missiles included) ways to enjoy air to air engagements. Maybe, if it's easy for you, the server could rotate allowing and disallowing them. It was just an idea to change up things.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Question ... if I've upgraded to 1.5.6 does that mean I won't be able to see Open Conflict anymore?

Yes. As I consistently find out the hard way every time I get a prompt to update. Actually the 1.5.6 beta patch is such a hit on perf I'm contemplating reverting back to 1.5.5 to play OC. Never update unless Mirknir posts here that he has updated server (if u want to pay OC that is) no big deal tho, OC is ONLY the BEST server DCS has ever seen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Yes. As I consistently find out the hard way every time I get a prompt to update. Actually the 1.5.6 beta patch is such a hit on perf I'm contemplating reverting back to 1.5.5 to play OC. Never update unless Mirknir posts here that he has updated server (if u want to pay OC that is) no big deal tho, OC is ONLY the BEST server DCS has ever seen

It's worth it for the viggen. Of course you are a heathen and don't believe in fine Swedish engineering.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.