Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Still didnt shoot me down! lol This is a kick-able offense shooting players on the ground inst it mirknir!?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Hey all, so... Its just about been 12 months since I got my DCS addiction and found OC and what a 12 months its been.

I've gone from a 22" screen with a Saitek Cyborg Evo from the early 2ks to a lovely little setup now.

34" ultrawide screen

Track IR

TM Warthog

TM MFDs

MFG Crosswinds

I've gone from just having the F15 to almost every module in the game!

With a few good guys time was even found to form the Wardogs which is made up of a few of us regulars on the OC server.

Mirk, I just want to say thanks to providing an awesome server and hope that we can continue to help the community grow! Without you this addiction may not have been so severe :)

Here's to the next year of DCS and look forward to all the new toys we'll get to fly!

I am glad you are enjoying the server and it made you an addict :)

Tell ED to give me free licences :helpsmilie:

But I am sad to tell you that your setup is kind of crap comparing to the Open Conflict Bad Ass server room I setup: :lol:

1712381810_OpenConflictMadSetup.thumb.jpg.5053042d6b7c3d9bbe1f374a97bb14bb.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

(Released)

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.5.5

Warehouse

• ET missiles are gone like the ARH
  • F15 Fuel tank are back in limited quantity
  • Every weapons considered without limits have been set to quantity 9999 (instead of 500) to work with rockets

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Unconfortable FAQ

Hello guys,

So it seems like my posting of the server computer photo sparked some PMs about my least favorite subject: money :helpsmilie:

After discussing a lot with people in PMs and basically having the same conversation, I thought I would do a kind of FAQ about the subject even if I don't like it.

Q: Why should I donate?

To support the server hosting as well as the development of Skynet, the masterscript behind OC, the current map and the creation of the next content.

The donations are here to support the current server and the work I do behind the scene.

The donations help to go toward more slots (from 20 to 30 recently) but they also help me maintain it when something break down (so far 1 hard drive, 2 video cards) and also help me grow the server for everyone.

Ideally, with enough and regular donations, I could switch to hosting the server in the clouds next to the God of Vodka :).

Finally, donations also helps me buy DCS modules I wouldn't have bought but that really helped me develop content for particular aircrafts (for example the UH1 for the rescue / deliver systems).

Q: Are you doing rewards and stuff à-la Patreon like contributor-only slots?

Not for now.

I understand people that want something extra as a reward for contributing.

However, I am not sure I want to go this way and start tracking who is giving how much and how often.

It would take a lot of time to track all these data ; time better spent on the actual server work - at least for now.

Still, it's something I will consider in the future and maybe that I will make easier in the implementation of the next Skynet I am working on.

On a more personal note, I am not sure how far I want to go with this ; it's just a hobby for me.

Q: Why isn't the server hosted on a server farm somewhere in the cloud?

Because it's expensive :)

However, I would like to go this way at some point and any information on this is welcomed.

Q: Have you thought about making the server private with a paid entry?

Nope, I want the server to be public for everyone to enjoy the game even if it gets crowded sometimes.

Q: Don't you think that a bigger / more stable / more <anything> server, would get you more donations?

To some extents.

First of all, I don't want my work on the server to be driven by getting more donations or I would have quit by now :)

I would like to host a bigger server for more people but it needs to stay a hobby for me.

Secondly, I've received so many PMs saying, "if you do this, you would get more donations" ranging from "if you had more slots" to "if you put more fuel in my fighters" with a special mention to "if you put less rain".

I just can't try to satisfy everyone even if I would like to satisfy more people.

The server is good / stable / big / fun enough for many people to clock 500+ hours on it and still, of this, very few donations are generated.

DCS being a free to play game, I just think the donation model is just harder to be successful.

And this is ok, I don't do this for the money even if, like many, I would like the server to grow.

But yea, the fact remains, the more donations OC receives, the more it can grow!

Q: What about a sponsor?

I tried ED but it didn't work :)

DCS is a niche game but yea, finding a sponsor could be nice.

And to finish, a special shout-outs to:

• Vyrtuoz (of Tacview) for donating the current server hardware
  • CrimsonGhost for hosting TS
  • Ciribob for hosting SimpleRadio.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Pain Test Cobayes

On an unrelated notes, I am going to need like 1 or 2 good helicopter pilots that know and are able to use the DCS cargo system for some ReGenesis tests ; hopefully on sunday.

In addition to testing what kind of hooks I have script-wise for the cargo system, I will also be testing some admin features like banning, kicking, sending to spectator...

Having patience, speaking English or French and having some kind of voice software are all pluses :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

O o o I vote me!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

More than happy to help out Mirknir :) very proficient in the Gazelle and have basic skills in flying the Mi-8, and no doubt can brush up on my Huey flying with a crash course from Dustoff!

We've all got teamspeak and discord, and I've got skype as well. I'll be free all day Sunday, just let me know! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we all chat with Teamspeak and Discord mainly but I'm sure skype would also be an option. We have our own WarDogs TS server hosted by Crav that we could all use, and similarly we have a WarDogs discord.

As for a server, we can all connect to you if you host one off your non-OC computer, as long as your internet connection won't max out. Ping will be fine for us in Europe, likely 100-150ms.

Otherwise Dust is probably next best, or Cravgar has a dedicated server I'm sure we could use if we asked very nicely! (Sorry for dropping you in this a bit Crav!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been playing DCS for about 10 days now, and had my first experience with PvP last night.

I played with a couple of guys on this server, just to get a feel for the radar and the weapon systems. Had the time of my life, as I actually managed to hit stuff with my AIM-7's and AIM-9's.

Went on earlier today, but my computer crashed completely before I got airborne - and I took a break.

However, whenever I try to join the server now, I get "Protocol error, stream error". By the looks of it, it seems like I've been banned, though I have never broken the server rules. Is there any ways to contact the admin(s)?

EDIT: For some reason, it worked fine when I changed my callsign... Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by Cherrox Actual

I've been playing DCS for about 10 days now, and had my first experience with PvP last night.

I played with a couple of guys on this server, just to get a feel for the radar and the weapon systems. Had the time of my life, as I actually managed to hit stuff with my AIM-7's and AIM-9's.

Went on earlier today, but my computer crashed completely before I got airborne - and I took a break.

However, whenever I try to join the server now, I get "Protocol error, stream error". By the looks of it, it seems like I've been banned, though I have never broken the server rules. Is there any ways to contact the admin(s)?

EDIT: For some reason, it worked fine when I changed my callsign... Has anyone else experienced this?

Use AIM-120. It's worth it.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Connecting without a username

I usually deal with these requests in PMs but this can be be useful for everyone one.

So first, no, you are not banned :)

Another thing is that Skynet, my masterscript, is referencing you with your UCID (Unique Client ID) meaning changing name doesn't change who you are for Skynet.

Now, for your problem :)

Sometimes, when you just install/reinstall DCS, your multiplayer username will not be setup right and you will connect to the server with an empty name.

When that happens, Skynet is rejecting your connection like a big jerk because it doesn't want to deal with empty names.

Changing or retyping your username in the MP lobby will fix this.

Also, to the defense of Skynet, the denial of connection comes with an explanation (in green) that sadly, sometimes, DCS doesn't display to you guys. :)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Here is the redacted log:

OC:INFO@Mt11739.80◆Rt11848.91: OnPlayerTriesToConnect: Player (UCID:Redacted) - IP: Redacted) CANNOT CONNECT Your name is empty.

and later, I got a name:

OC:INFO@Mt9875.58◆Rt24436.37: OnPlayerTriesToConnect: Player Cherrox(UCID:Redacted) - IP: Redacted) can connect

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I have been doing some pvp late evenings now and its so much fun! However, i feel like 4x mirage is to few and most times they are all occupied.

Any chance we have a couple more? :D

Edited by pefman

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

I have been doing some pvp late evenings now and its so much fun! However, i feel like 4x mirage is to few and most times they are all occupied.

Any chance we have a couple more? :D

Si seulement les gens me le demandaient en Francais, je saurais que ce sont des vrais fans de l'avion et je ne pourrais pas dire non :D

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hey mirknir,

dunno if it has been reported yet or if its intented, but the su33's on the carriers have 27ET's and the non carrier su33's dont : ).

Yea it has been PMed to me and I will remove the ETs on carrier too.

Hopefully I will have time to push a version this weekend.

Thanks for the report.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread