Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Hello Mirknir.

Is it possible for the flankers to be put into groups of two or four in the aircraft selection screen (making flights consist of 2 or 4 planes instead of each plane being an individual flight) so the datalink systems can be used more effectively? When it is like this a flight leader of 2-4 could much more quickly tell his/her wingman or wingmen to go after a target marked with a number and other info instead of having to give a heading, radar elevation setting, possibly an expected distance setting, and other info, or having to wait for awacs to find something then relay it to others.

Hello Mirknir.

Is it possible for the flankers to be put into groups of two or four in the aircraft selection screen (making flights consist of 2 or 4 planes instead of each plane being an individual flight) so the datalink systems can be used more effectively? When it is like this a flight leader of 2-4 could much more quickly tell his/her wingman or wingmen to go after a target marked with a number and other info instead of having to give a heading, radar elevation setting, possibly an expected distance setting, and other info, or having to wait for awacs to find something then relay it to others.

It's been long since I tried but last time, it was not possible to put playable slots in group. Just one per group.

I will retest this and see if anything changed in dcs.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

It's an online game so nothing is forever :)

I have found and been proposed better solutions but they might take a new map, more skynet or dcs features.

Sure thing Mirk, just asking :D

Thank you for your efforts

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Si seulement les gens me le demandaient en Francais, je saurais que ce sont des vrais fans de l'avion et je ne pourrais pas dire non :D

Cher Mirknir, je suis un grand fan de Mirage 2000. Je serais très heureux si vous pouviez ajouter plus au serveur :)

Please dont judge i havent written french since i took some classes in high school! Also google translate might have helped a lot :pilotfly:

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

Question regarding Skynets kill messages.

When successfully killing someone with a 530D from the Mirage I get the kill message that says a "MatraMagic" or "MagicMatra" was used (can't remember which). What's the ordnance type reported if you kill someone with the actual Magic II?

Si seulement les gens me le demandaient en Francais, je saurais que ce sont des vrais fans de l'avion et je ne pourrais pas dire non :D

Donnez les nous! :director:

Ca suffit?:D

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I had some issues yesterday trying to engage a bogey in pvp and when my missiles dissapeared after being fired.

I could not find any information about that, something i missed?

Im pretty sure i was in the conflict zone.

Cher Mirknir, je suis un grand fan de Mirage 2000. Je serais très heureux si vous pouviez ajouter plus au serveur :)

Please dont judge i havent written french since i took some classes in high school! Also google translate might have helped a lot :pilotfly:

Donnez les nous! director.gif

Ca suffit?biggrin.gif

:lol: I guess that would do ; I will add some mirage slots.

But more seriously ; I was hesitating because there are already a total of 8 for 30 players. I don't want the server to be Mirage Conflict if you know what I mean.

I am trying to ship a new update soon but the heat wave is killing me :)

Question regarding Skynets kill messages.

When successfully killing someone with a 530D from the Mirage I get the kill message that says a "MatraMagic" or "MagicMatra" was used (can't remember which). What's the ordnance type reported if you kill someone with the actual Magic II?

I couldn't find your logs on the server ; what ingame name are you using?

DCS names for mirage weapons are confusing and I think it's because there are several version of the mirage in DCS for AIs and Players.

But I can change the Display Name in Skynet ; the problem is to identify what DCS is sending me.

This what Skynet is using for the mirage.

I don't mind to change the display names but I sometimes have trouble understanding DCS code names I receive.

DCSWeaponTypeName = "R_550" DisplayName = 'R550'

DCSWeaponTypeName = "MICA-IR" DisplayName = 'MICA-T'

DCSWeaponTypeName = "MICA-RF" DisplayName = 'MICA-R'

DCSWeaponTypeName = "SUPER-530D" DisplayName = 'Super530D'

DCSWeaponTypeName = "MATRA_S530" DisplayName = 'Matra530'

DCSWeaponTypeName = "MATRA_MAGI" DisplayName = 'MatraMagic'

DCSWeaponTypeName = "MATRA" DisplayName = 'MatraMagic'

server is crashed, everything is stalled.

The server is working and I see people playing on it.

Sometimes, if the server crashes (which happens with dCS :)), you have to wait a bit for my tool to detect it and relaunch it.

I had some issues yesterday trying to engage a bogey in pvp and when my missiles dissapeared after being fired.

I could not find any information about that, something i missed?

Im pretty sure i was in the conflict zone.

I don't see explicit logs about Skynet destroying your missiles so I don't think it came from there.

Even so, when Skynet destroy a weapon ; you see an explosion and have a warning message popup saying why the missile is destroyed.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Great work! Love your commitment :)

But i agree, its easy for the skies to get swarmed. Last night there was many ~5 vs ~5 battles an ohhh boy that was busy times haha

I couldn't find your logs on the server ; what ingame name are you using?

I fly as "Bamse" on the server. The name was already taken here on the forums, hence the extra "The" :)

I was on the server the evening before (CEST) making the last post and also yesterday evening. Can't remember if it happened yesterday tho.

From my point of view no changes are necessary at all, it really doesn't matter. I was just a bit confused :)

Little image story while waiting for a server reset.

Watch your six!

Another mean MiG15 spam-gunning an innocent Su27 MEDIC...

That's just wrong :cry:

I guess next update the MiG15 guns will get a 50% less critical chance and Su27 health will be bumped by another 20%.

It's not easy to balance World of Aircraft :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

(Soon, after next maintenance...)

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.5.6

Aircraft Carrier Warehouse

• ET missile are gone
  • Other weapons has been bumped to 9999

M2000C

• Added 2 more slots at Anapa and 2 at Gudauta
  • Tell me how do you like the tigermeet skins :)
  • AWACS channel should be properly setup

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

shame. i liked the extra effort of having to land on a carrier to get the ETs on a su33.

Me too but it needs to be fair for everyone.

Cosmic proposed to have ETs and Fox3 in limited quantity on the forward airports where you dont spawn.

It could be a nice thing to try and this extra effort to get more advanced weapons could be something available for everyone.

Bonus: if you don't die and bring your planes to this airport, you can get this weapons if some are remaining.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I have been playing blue for a couple of nights now and i wonder, why is it that the blue team have to constantly fly with the sun in their eyes?

Could we perhaps change the time a couple of hours forward.

Also some weather would be nice :)

Edited by pefman

I have been playing blue for a couple of nights now and i wonder, why is it that the blue team have to constantly fly with the sun in their eyes?

Could we perhaps change the time a couple of hours forward.

Also some weather would be nice :)

A weather complain ; it's been long :)

"Constantly" ? Last weather was overcast and it's been like 2 weeks :music_whistling:

But yea I try to change weather each map update but I have limited control over the sun trajectory because of DCS, earth and reality.

The server also offers 2 sides to offer some diversity ; don't hesitate to be red :)

I know it can seem that the weather you dislike is here constantly here and there is some kind of conspiracy against the weather you like but I am trying to change it regularly while keeping it flyable by all aircraft (so I can't go full night for ex).

Spoiler alert: next weather will be inspired by Cosmic proposal and will be sunset, overcast and overly foggy :pilotfly:

And to finish, for those relatively new to the server, here is a dramatization of the PMs and posts I get about weather and why I will never win: :megalol:

When it's sunrise: "Why do Blues have to always fly with the sun in their eyes? Do you hate Freedom? Are you some kind of Taliban monster?"

When it's sunset: "Why do Red have to always fly with the sun in their eyes? Do you hate Vodka? Are you some kind of milk drinker?"

When it's noon: "Why is the weather always boring on OC? Can't we get some sunset or sunrise? Why do you want to suppress shadows? Are you some kind of racist?"

When it's overcast to block the sun: "Why does the weather on OC is always so depressing? Did you loose your girlfriend recently? Want a shrink number?"

When it's rainy: "Why does the weather on OC is always so rainy? It makes me pee every 5 min"

When it's snowing: "Yeah snow!!!!!" then 5 min later "Why is it always snowing on this server? This kills my FPS ; why are you hating on poor people with no-good computers?"

When there is fog: "Why there is always so much fog on Open Conflict? Is England your city? Is London your country? You must be some kind of Jack the Ripper to enjoy fog so much"

When there is wind: "Some wind finally!" then 5 min later "Why is the wind always so strong? I can't engage the autopilot and eat my food, why are you hating on my ramen?"

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Lol Mirknir! Though sadly that's not too far from what I see in chat while flying.... I like the variety of weather that you put together for us to enjoy. The high wing makes landing while damaged particularly interesting! I would say my favorite weather is morning with fog - it just looks great! Can't wait for 2.5 with the updated Caucasus map and new lighting then it will look really fantastic!

Either way, keep up the good work. Your server is by far my favorite one to fly!

A weather complain ; it's been long :)

"Constantly" ? Last weather was overcast and it's been like 2 weeks :music_whistling:

But yea I try to change weather each map update but I have limited control over the sun trajectory because of DCS, earth and reality.

The server also offers 2 sides to offer some diversity ; don't hesitate to be red :)

I know it can seem that the weather you dislike is here constantly here and there is some kind of conspiracy against the weather you like but I am trying to change it regularly while keeping it flyable by all aircraft (so I can't go full night for ex).

Spoiler alert: next weather will be inspired by Cosmic proposal and will be sunset, overcast and overly foggy :pilotfly:

And to finish, for those relatively new to the server, here is a dramatization of the PMs and posts I get about weather and why I will never win: :megalol:

When it's sunrise: "Why do Blues have to always fly with the sun in their eyes? Do you hate Freedom? Are you some kind of Taliban monster?"

When it's sunset: "Why do Red have to always fly with the sun in their eyes? Do you hate Vodka? Are you some kind of milk drinker?"

When it's noon: "Why is the weather always boring on OC? Can't we get some sunset or sunrise? Why do you want to suppress shadows? Are you some kind of racist?"

When it's overcast to block the sun: "Why does the weather on OC is always so depressing? Did you loose your girlfriend recently? Want a shrink number?"

When it's rainy: "Why does the weather on OC is always so rainy? It makes me pee every 5 min"

When it's snowing: "Yeah snow!!!!!" then 5 min later "Why is it always snowing on this server? This kills my FPS ; why are you hating on poor people with no-good computers?"

When there is fog: "Why there is always so much fog on Open Conflict? Is England your city? Is London your country? You must be some kind of Jack the Ripper to enjoy fog so much"

When there is wind: "Some wind finally!" then 5 min later "Why is the wind always so strong? I can't engage the autopilot and eat my food, why are you hating on my ramen?"

I do feel you and i think i speak to all of us! that we do appreciate your effort.

I would really love to have some bad weather, to many pvp servers are running with perfect weather conditions and for me, that breaks the immersion.

Also, how come no runway have IlS? :lol: