Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

they do have ILS but only certain airfields. Sochi and Krasnodar are two off the top of my head that have it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Map Change

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.5.7

Resupply

• Some bases/carriers received limited number of AIM120B, R27ET and R77
  • Blue side: Gelendzhik+associated fleet and Krasnodar-Pashkovsky
  • Red Side: Sochi+associated fleet
  • Modern fighters can't spawn there but this will be an extra incentive to stay alive and bring the aircrafts back to these places :)
  • Proposed by Cosmicdoubloon

Weather

• Very foggy so prepare your ILS landing manuals
  • Sunset going to night
  • Proposed by Cosmicdoubloon

Tacview

• 40% Off for Summer Sales
  • Buy it now :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

love the weather!

Took these few pics from a quick huey flight,

1-Being vectored (self) on downwind leg to runway 06 Sochi

2- Turning base to intercept the loc

3-At the outter marker (blue light and beacon is audible) Stable -500fpm 50 kts

4-Runway in sight flare out over runway

5-hover taxi to parking! worked like a charm!

Going to be fun having to save waypoints for home base and doing TACAN/NDB approaches for a while! wheres my popcorn so I can watch the complaints flood this forum :lol:

Screen_170626_220728.thumb.jpg.94c986fa02af6fb7f02f666822f107ed.jpg

Screen_170626_220803.thumb.jpg.667dedb80beffd792dbefea88b68174a.jpg

Screen_170626_221014.thumb.jpg.4dd87f9289faee1b76be7681a711d701.jpg

Screen_170626_221034.thumb.jpg.d2611037c60d541a578c921a49d919c4.jpg

Screen_170626_220910.thumb.jpg.6eb428e697004c596cfc1126da448cdd.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

they do have ILS but only certain airfields. Sochi and Krasnodar are two off the top of my head that have it

I checked yesterday and it appears that there are som ILS but still not as many as single player campaign. Also tacan seems to be completly left out.

Not sure if this is something set in the mission itself or a global config that wont work in multiplayer.

I would love to see more of it to added realism!

And while im at it, any way that we can get synthetic overlays for the airport's where the mirages takes off or even better the closest to combat zone. :thumbup:

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

Not sure if intended or not but whenver you are on the spectator slot you can see both sides and spectate all units, including players. Just noting as it wasnt like this before the most recent update.

It's not intended and seems to be a DCS bug, I am trying to reach out to them to know what's going on.

Not sure if this is something set in the mission itself or a global config that wont work in multiplayer.

Sadly, airfield equipment are not set in the mission ; they come with the map.

And while im at it, any way that we can get synthetic overlays for the airport's where the mirages takes off

Yea... I don't know what you mean.

Don't hesitate to add more detailed to your requests ; even if I host this server, I am far from being an encyclopedia on every aircrafts details or features :)

even better the closest to combat zone. :thumbup:

It's by design.

I don't put dangerous fighter spawns on the most forward airports to give breathing room to non fighter aircrafts to do their business.

It also encourages fighter pilots to care about their life by adding the extra death penalty of coming back in the conflict zone.

Problem is the fight for air superiority phase is constantly happening at the same time as the ground attack phase which is not really how wars are supposed to go so I have to artificially create gameplay space for both phases.

I am working on a 2 battlefronts idea but it's still just a idea in my mind :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

For any aircraft wanting to have some sort of instrument approach procedure for Blue side Gelez here you go. Made it up this morning. Works quite well. Tested with L39. Your aircraft will require NDB tuning capability and even better if u can get distance from RSBN to help you within the circle. Mig21/all helicopters/L39/m2k/f86 and A10 should all be able to fly this properly. Good luck!

528698083_image(1).thumb.jpg.69b8dc9f54f51758c54d2dfad66e3fd0.jpg

Edited by acdelta57

What pefman means by synthetic overlay (the correct term is synthetic runway) for the Mirage, is very usefull for ILS landings as a synthetic runway appears on the HUD making it "visible" even thought it's dark or there's alot of fog.

For that to appear, the Mirage needs to have a "landing" waypoint on that airfield.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not intended and seems to be a DCS bug, I am trying to reach out to them to know what's going on.

I do find this to be a nice bug thought, it makes it possible to have a GCI, wich will do a much better job then the terrible in game AWACS, and the vision you have in spectator might not be realistic because you see everything, but not far from realistic since the terrain is flat (mostly).

Edited by Rex854Warrior
Wrong quote

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do find this to be a nice bug thought, it makes it possible to have a GCI, wich will do a much better job then the terrible in game AWACS, and the vision you have in spectator might not be realistic because you see everything, but not far from realistic since the terrain is flat (mostly).

I wouldn't consider it to be a bug, you can program the landing waypoint in, it just requires you to actually do work.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Synthetic overlay via raw data pilot input and no pre programmed waypoints/destination via mission editor or (mission data card RW) requires extensive knowledge and understanding of the m2k INS system. Yes it has to be a manually programmed waypoint, coded as landing and LOC/GS will need to oe programmed as well. For this task I refer you to the manual provided by razbam and the associated tutorial flights. In other words RTFM, a real world term we use which means (read the f***ing manual) :)

Synthetic overlay via raw data pilot input and no pre programmed waypoints/destination via mission editor or (mission data card RW) requires extensive knowledge and understanding of the m2k INS system. Yes it has to be a manually programmed waypoint, coded as landing and LOC/GS will need to oe programmed as well. For this task I refer you to the manual provided by razbam and the associated tutorial flights. In other words RTFM, a real world term we use which means (read the f***ing manual) :)

I am very familiar with the CP/PD function to create a synthetic runway, the only problem is that to my knowledge this function is not implemented yet. So you have read the manual, but since the feature isn't here yet,....

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wouldn't consider it to be a bug, you can program the landing waypoint in, it just requires you to actually do work.

Yes you can, but that's not the point, programming the waypoint in the INS won't make the synthetic runway appear. Btw i don't understand why you quoted my message on the Spectator bug.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The feature is alive and well

This video does not show the waypoint programmation ...

If you want the synthetic runway in the mirage, you have to set up a landing waypoint in mission editor, last time i checked it was not possible to do it in game.

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

Pretty much like cypc sayd, and to be clear what i meant by It's not working is the waypoint CP/PD when you input it manualy, the synthetic runway does Work but when a landing waypoint is placed in the editor.

Mirknir, it would be very nice of you to add landing waypoints in the editor for the Mirage ^^.

Anyways, this isn't a Mirage argument thread, i think i proved my point, so i will stop speaking about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well for MP then you are correct as its still WIP to convert an INS waypoint to a landing point from the cockpit. It is possible tho. SP or stored landing fields and it works fine. However even with out this function yet you still have a fully functioning ILS so I don't really see a need for Mirknir to go add landing waypoints for all the mirage slots when the feature could be implemented any time.

Well for MP then you are correct as its still WIP to convert an INS waypoint to a landing point from the cockpit. It is possible tho. SP or stored landing fields and it works fine. However even with out this function yet you still have a fully functioning ILS so I don't really see a need for Mirknir to go add landing waypoints for all the mirage slots when the feature could be implemented any time.

So first of all, no it doesn't work in SP either, second stored landing fields means there is a landing waypoint placed in the editor and third because using a synthetic runway makes it much easier to land in those conditions, is cool, and It's Nice to have it, if mirknir doesn't add them, It's not a big deal but that's why It's a proposition not an obligation.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok you just reiterated exactly what I said so I don't know what your problem is. I was just trying to help you out. I referenced single player because you can add ur own waypoints in the ME as well as having stored waypoints. Check ur attitude at the door before you act like a know it all. No one likes an arrogant pilot that's how you get killed.

ok you just reiterated exactly what I said so I don't know what your problem is. I was just trying to help you out. I referenced single player because you can add ur own waypoints in the ME as well as having stored waypoints. Check ur attitude at the door before you act like a know it all. No one likes an arrogant pilot that's how you get killed.

Well then i didn't understand what you wrote in a hurry, thought you said the CP/PD worked in SP. And you're just making me run out of patiente because it really seems you want to get something right :).

Anyways that's enought talking about that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.5.9

Spectator

• Finally found the option to prevent spectator to 'see all' (thanks to ED Devs)

Weather

• Overcast, low altitude rain, high altitude snow and less fog.

Tacview

• Last week and to get 40% Off
  • Buy it now :)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread