Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Without a proper GCI It's quite hard in an F-5 or in a Mig-21 espcialy in the Mig to do Air-Air without dying, you need SA, wich you can't get with tour own radar because It's crap in both cases, and the AWACS is terrible as i said before.

I don't fully agree with this as it's possible to succeed without GCI but to fly the aircraft how they were designed proper GCI with full vector capability is necessary.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Without a proper GCI It's quite hard in an F-5 or in a Mig-21 espcialy in the Mig to do Air-Air without dying, you need SA, wich you can't get with tour own radar because It's crap in both cases, and the AWACS is terrible as i said before.

I do plenty well without a proper GCI in F5 shooting down all you glass monkeyz with ur heads down on the radar screen.

Point is rex, I like the challenge, so do many others. With what mirknir has created its not necessary. You either like it or you dont, and if you dont then just fly elsewhere, surely you wont be missed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

I do plenty well without a proper GCI in F5 shooting down all you glass monkeyz with ur heads down on the radar screen.

Point is rex, I like the challenge, so do many others. With what mirknir has created its not necessary. You either like it or you dont, and if you dont then just fly elsewhere, surely you wont be missed

Do you fly the Mig-21 ? It's a hole other level of horrible SA.

Getting up under an aircraft, alone, is not having SA, you'll probably shoot him down, but a pita it would be if someone pops up 5 miles away from you, closing in fast, you can shoot down as many "monkeyz" as you want, but you still won't know what's going on around you, so saying that you shoot down alot of planes really doesn't prove much,... well at least on the argument.

Also it seems your tip on being respectfull to others applys to everyone except you, in true Texan fashion ^^.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't fully agree with this as it's possible to succeed without GCI but to fly the aircraft how they were designed proper GCI with full vector capability is necessary.

Yes indeed, even without a GCI it's possible to succeed, but as you said, to fly the aircraft as they were meant to be, if you want aircrafts to be ~equal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I do fly the Mig21. And yes getting up underneath a sophisticated fighter takes a very high level of SA. Also observing what other players are in engagements, what is the AI cap doing etc the list goes on. Having a sophisticated radar is not the only way to have SA.

Oh I'm sorry snowflake, I forgot the "with all due respect" part, how inconsiderate of me to not take your personal feelings into account.. So I'll say it again, with all do respect* if you don't like the hard work Mirknir has done for this server, then take ur flying elsewhere. Surely you won't be missed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

Yes I do fly the Mig21. And yes getting up underneath a sophisticated fighter takes a very high level of SA. Also observing what other players are in engagements, what is the AI cap doing etc the list goes on. Having a sophisticated radar is not the only way to have SA.

Never said it was, and no getting up under a sophisticated fighter only requires you to see it, surviving requires luck and/or SA.

Oh I'm sorry snowflake, I forgot the "with all due respect" part, how inconsiderate of me to not take your personal feelings into account.. So I'll say it again, with all do respect* if you don't like the hard work Mirknir has done for this server, then take ur flying elsewhere. Surely you won't be missed.

Calling players "monkeyz" is as far as i'm concerned is not very respectfull ^^. So no, my personnal feelings have nothing to do with it.

And the work that Mirknir has done is great, the server is good, runs good and is nice, we are simply arguing over a small detail (even if it seems like a big one seing the conversation we've had), so really there's no point in flooding the thread even more. So far the advantages of a GCI are proven, and saying that they aren't compared to the ingame AWACS is just nonsense, every controller that has played DCS and that i've met agrees with me on that. Mirknir doesn't want to add commander slots for obvious reasons, doesn't want lotATC for understandable reasons and a script is being made for Skynet 2.0. So we'll wait for Skynet 2.0.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes indeed, even without a GCI it's possible to succeed, but as you said, to fly the aircraft as they were meant to be, if you want aircrafts to be ~equal.

I agree that some aircrafts are better equip than other to find targets and have better SA.

That's why I am creating a CGI/Awacs system for the next Open conflict.

Overwatch, the system name, will know about some OC concepts like I already talked about, like pure medics, pure transports, protected zones but will also try to blur a bit more the lines between predator and prey.

Overwatch will give BRA calls with different precision on the principle that you get more precise information on your predators but less on your preys.

For example, a mig21 pilot will be a predator for the attacker and will get less precise infos on them while getting more precision on modern fighters because they are predators for him.

It's still in development and in testing but that's the general idea.

Even if it's not the most realistic feature, I think it could be a nice feature to compensate the unrealistic facts that every eras and every roles are fighting the same conflict at the same time.

As a side effect, your best asset in a strike mission will then be to bring a WWII plane with you because as a prey to all, he will have the best information :lol:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I agree that some aircrafts are better equip than other to find targets and have better SA.

That's why I am creating a CGI/Awacs system for the next Open conflict.

Overwatch, the system name, will know about some OC concepts like I already talked about, like pure medics, pure transports, protected zones but will also try to blur a bit more the lines between predator and prey.

Overwatch will give BRA calls with different precision on the principle that you get more precise information on your predators but less on your preys.

For example, a mig21 pilot will be a predator for the attacker and will get less precise infos on them while getting more precision on modern fighters because they are predators for him.

It's still in development and in testing but that's the general idea.

Even if it's not the most realistic feature, I think it could be a nice feature to compensate the unrealistic facts that every eras and every roles are fighting the same conflict at the same time.

As a side effect, your best asset in a strike mission will then be to bring a WWII plane with you because as a prey to all, he will have the best information :lol:

Sounds nice ! Rather intresting idea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is OC down? Haven't seen it up last couple of days.

If you updated to 1.5.7 you will not see it. I don't think mirknir has updated the server yet and clients/servers must be same version number.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Server has been updated to 1.5.7.

The mission has been ghetto-ported to 1.5.7 too but because the steam client (where I have all my licence) has not been updated yet, I couldn't full test everything.

Don't hesitate to report problems ; I ll try to fix them this week-end.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Server has been updated to 1.5.7.

The mission has been ghetto-ported to 1.5.7 too but because the steam client (where I have all my licence) has not been updated yet, I couldn't full test everything.

Don't hesitate to report problems ; I ll try to fix them this week-end.

The upper cloudscape looks weird after the update on the server.

Screen_170713_192125.thumb.jpg.ea01325bff3217e490ce13fa998b8d5a.jpg

Screen_170713_192139.thumb.jpg.f188a79516a5ea2f902022d6da2119cb.jpg

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

The upper cloudscape looks weird after the update on the server.

The server doesn't really have the ability to make something look weird on a client.

It's most likely a DCS problem sorry ; maybe the overcast got a bit broken in this version :(

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

The server doesn't really have the ability to make something look weird on a client.

It's most likely a DCS problem sorry ; maybe the overcast got a bit broken in this version :(

Actually we have seen more than once that a old mission running on the server can have an effect on graphics on the client. Normally solved by opening the mission and saving it again in the current build.

Actually we have seen more than once that a old mission running on the server can have an effect on graphics on the client. Normally solved by opening the mission and saving it again in the current build.

Yea, I always save the mission with the current build when I update the server to a new version (that what I call "porting the map" in my posts :))

This time I did it on the web client I use for private-test server instead of my steam client that I us for playing/editing but still.

Now that the new version has been released on steam I will be able to do more proper tests :thumbup:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Yea, I always save the mission with the current build when I update the server to a new version (that what I call "porting the map" in my posts :))

This time I did it on the web client I use for private-test server instead of my steam client that I us for playing/editing but still.

Now that the new version has been released on steam I will be able to do more proper tests :thumbup:

Good, you have control. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I'm looking for the frequencies that are to be used in Simple Radio for each side, but haven't been able to find them so far. Does anyone have them?

Cant remeber the exact freqs, but they are all in the briefing.

251 is usually good for ATC

256 for combat (?)

It's the fog, turn that off and the problem goes away.

It's actually 1.5.7..

I've heard a lot of critique of this version, we had an awesome fog-fest couple of weeks ago, enjoyed that awesome looking weather.

1.5.7 seems like a beta version with all it's bugs, most annoyingly the integrity check.

Even blueflag is staying off this version, it is just not playable.

Also many people with before well balanced setups are reporting a loss of ~20 FPS.

Whats the overall opinion, and most importantly yours Mirk, to roll the server back to 1.5.6?

Shading/lighting problem with 1.5.7 nothing to do with the fog. It was fine before this patch. But oh well. Hopefully just a few more days til Friday and maybe some hot fixes

Shading/lighting problem with 1.5.7 nothing to do with the fog. It was fine before this patch. But oh well. Hopefully just a few more days til Friday and maybe some hot fixes

Yea this DCS update came as a surprise to me and at a very busy time for me. :helpsmilie:

ED also changed a lot of stuff that required a lot of extra work to update (but still for the best of DCS so it's ok :)).

I didn't mean for this weather to stay that long (DCS fog bug or not) but I got caught in real life stuff.

I will still push an quick update with a quiet beautiful summer sunset... perfect for BBQs and killing F15s...

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I love BBQing F15s with my F5

misson run time and Auto return

Hi, this is a fantastic server, gets better all the time, thank you. Would it be possible to do 2 things...1, Increase the server runtime before a reset, just a bit ? 2. Could you have us auto reconnect as happens with Through the Inferno server. thanx again for a fantastic server:thumbup:

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

Hi, this is a fantastic server, gets better all the time, thank you. Would it be possible to do 2 things...1, Increase the server runtime before a reset, just a bit ? 2. Could you have us auto reconnect as happens with Through the Inferno server. thanx again for a fantastic server:thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback ; I am happy you like the server.

When you say server runtime, you mean the 4h before reset?

I chose 4h back in the day when dcs was maybe a bit more unstable and a reset was always good for the stability.

Also, it's a good duration considering the number of players and the amount of stuff to be destroyed.

I am working on more dynamic spawning to avoid running too much out of stuff to kill.

Also, something I don't have control over is the wrecks that can block out runways and are cleared on reset.

Did they change the wrecks recently? Can they still be so blocking?

As for auto reconnect, I am not sure what do you mean.

Can I get more info on this?

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread