Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Afaik, they just cought the bug and fixed it, and it will be rolled out the next time they update.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3280460&postcount=54

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Yeah, at /r/hoggit, bignewy says the fix will be in the regular update schedule.

Cool.

I still wish a game breaking bug plaguing the game for weeks would deserve a priority hot fix but i might have been spoiled by other game :)

On the bright side, regenesis master DLL and launcher have progressed.

They are now communicating properly and have been improved to safely run on a server outside my living room on a farm.

Most low level boring stuff have been done.

I now focusing more on gameplay and objectives.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Sad news. I hope you have a change of heart. I really enjoy Open Conflict, it's the best server.

Between the broken weather (glitchy overcast, disappearing cloud...), the broken ship performances (ships were lagging the server badly), the sea rescue that had to be removed, the weapon DLL crash (crashing the server every 1-2 hours) that doesn't seem to deserve a hot fix, open conflict is just half of what it used to be.

It just became unfun abd stressful for me to work in this conditions while players are asking for so much and I just spend my time in damage control patch after patch.

I am using this time of weapon.DLL breakage to take a break and think about what I want to do with this project.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Ya I've been notified by Cosmic.

I will update the server at some point when I come back home.

Well see what's fixed, what's still broken and what's newly broken :)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Maintenance / Server Update / Mission Update Completed

(was longer than predicted because windows 10...)

In OpenConflict Tuapse - v3.7.4

Ships

• Some carriers are back
  • The carrier hospital objectives are back
  • Each side gained a Moska warden cruiser whose ranges include the tankers
  • Ship performances have not been fixed so I can't add back all the ships OC had :mad:

Attack Convoys

• SA15 have been replaced by Gepard AAA
  • SA19 are still there so be careful or ask for help / use explosive packs

Weather

• Weather is cold, rainy and overcast (high ceiling) - cue complains :)
  • Overcast is still visually glitchy but screw it, still using it - Tell me if it's a big problem for you guys
  • I feel it's not OC without period of bad weather :smilewink:

Date / Time of Day

• Winter, end of December
  • From 13h00 to 19h00 (after dusk)

Let's see how it goes with this new patch....:pilotfly:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Connection timed out just a minute ago.

Other than that it did feel a lot smoother and stable, though (until now :D). Hopefully it really doesn't happen as often anymore.

Power outage in my neighborhood ; server is temporary down :(

Being doomed is not easy.

If elon musk is reading this, come to Quebec to sell your solar panel because Hydro Quebec, our power provider may be the worst of every countries I've lived in.

5h now that we have power problem in my neighborhood, finally hit my building.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Mirknir

So you're aware, last night in Blue side Mirages, we were unable to load Magics. Red Sukhois turned us inside out. Someone in chat said it was a bug. Was this addressed? Thanks! We really do enjoy your server.

No I didn't know ; dont hesitate to report bugs on this forum ; it's the best way.

When I have power back, I'll check if they are still in the airports warehouses or it could also be a DCS bug.

If ED did some changes to the weapons, it is possible I have to redo all the airport and carriers warehouses :mad:

But I don't own the mirage so it's a bug I won't be able to test fully.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

If ED did some changes to the weapons, it is possible I have to redo all the airport and carriers warehouses :mad:

But I don't own the mirage so it's a bug I won't be able to test fully.

I'll keep you guys posted.

They did sir, sadly you will have to redo your airport and warehouses.... I feel your pain, I've just spent the past 6 hours redoing all our missions :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3290007']They did sir' date=' sadly you will have to redo your airport and warehouses.... I feel your pain, I've just spent the past 6 hours redoing all our missions :([/quote']

Thanks for the confirmation!

Oh well, the gin tonic gods will help me:megalol:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Well, I am glad to see the server seems more stable and that the updated warehouse seems to work.

In logs, I can see Mirage killing F15 so everything is right with the world :)

Even if it's not a popular decision, the adding of more SAMs and the removing of some fighter slots seem to allow more diverse aircrafts to fly on the server.

I see a lot more helicopter, viggen, f5, f86 and such :pilotfly:

I am also glad to see the weather is appreciated with comments like "This weather is cancer dude" or "Mirknir depression is getting worth" :thumbup:

Have fun guys!

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Appreciate the time changes alot, with the server starting at a 1pm instead of 4pm (being winter and all) it seems like a healthy mix between day and night ops, whereas before it was leaning heavily towards night-capable aircraft only. :thumbup:

Getting significant fps loss as of late but still trying to work out if it's to do with the weather changes or something else, only seems to happen when looking in a particular direction so might be related to rendering units or something as well, will have to test further.

Edit - Tested it this morning and it ran fine, will have to see if it had to do with the rain being lighter or playercounts being lower.

Edited by Sephyrius

This is the best upgrade for helicopters too !

Greatly apreciated !

Ground objectives are fun to do.

Mirknir you’re the best !!!

Sorry if my english is not so good.

Steff.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sometimes, it's hard to know the real state of the server.

Like the internet rule says: 9 of 10 unhappy people will comment while 1 of 10 happy people will :)

I am trying to balance the server so that it's not just for fighters but it's not easy ; fighter pilots are numerous and the bloodthirst intense

English is not my native language either ; I also accept good feedback in French and very very very simple German :lol:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread