Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Open Conflict - Server Information

Thanks for the feedback.

Sometimes, it's hard to know the real state of the server.

Like the internet rule says: 9 of 10 unhappy people will comment while 1 of 10 happy people will

I am trying to balance the server so that it's not just for fighters but it's not easy ; fighter pilots are numerous and the bloodthirst intense

English is not my native language either ; I also accept good feedback in French and very very very simple German :lol:

Encore plus cool alors !!

Donc tu comprends trois langues, c’est super!

Tu fais de l’excellent travail et pour les hélicos et bien tu m’as fait ressortir ma Gazelle moi qui s’en servait plus !

Cette mise à jour est très bien fait et bien adaptée pour les hélicos.

La météo puis la noirceur qui vient assez vite nous rend plus vigilants.

J’adore ce que tu fais et ne lâche pas !!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Edited by steffj

In Masterscript: Skynet v3.6.0

(Applied on next full restart)

Altitude in Detailed Report

• If relevant, altitude will now be displayed in the objective detailed infos
  • The detailed report is accessed by -ag/-re/-tr <objectiveCode>
  • This information was requested for mission planning by someone at some point for some plane :)
  • <See attached picture>

I hope this will help :)

515522023_DetailedReport.jpg.732746f066814f1f1d62e586e37e1160.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Open Conflict Dogfight Experiment

I am thinking about doing a old school dogfight special on Open Conflict.

I am thinking about 2 options:

Option 1 - No Air-to-Air Missiles

I remove all air to air missiles from all airports.

I put back the fuel level of all planes to 100%.

Everyone with only guns.

Option 2 - No Modern Air-to-Air Missiles

I remove all modern air to air missiles from all airports.

This would leave modern fighters gun only in front of let's say F86 and Mig21 with old AA missiles.

This might be interesting as it might change the predator and prey balance of the server.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Either no one is a fan of the Weekend idea or nobody checks the forum anymore unless the weather is too bad for them to complain :P

I am a big fan of No A/A missile weekend, that gives every plane (even ww2) the chance to contribute.

Open Conflict Dogfight Experiment

I am thinking about doing a old school dogfight special on Open Conflict.

I am thinking about 2 options:

Option 1 - No Air-to-Air Missiles

I remove all air to air missiles from all airports.

Everyone with only guns.

Option 2 - No Modern Air-to-Air Missiles

I remove all modern air to air missiles from all airports.

This would leave modern fighters gun only in front of let's say F86 and Mig21 with old AA missiles.

This might be interesting as it might change the predator and prey balance of the server.

What do you guys think?

Honestly, you'd get me on your server more if there was less silly F15's and Su's slinging missiles at silly ranges. I get that the weapon is capable of it, but not only are those planes super easy, due to the lack of full fidelity, to manage, but they also have the most powerful weapons.

It's fun finding ground targets and it's a great open server for all types, I just find it frustrating playing against F15's, especially when a lot of aircraft don't have IFF and all aircraft are on both teams, so it's impossible to visually ID something quickly.

It leaves me playing on ACG Cold War all the time, which means I don't get to play my Mirage, but does give close combat, shorter - more visual - ranges. It does miss out on some of the cool features of your server though.

I appreciate everyone needs a place to go, and that the men with the clubs need some seals to bash, I just feel Flaming Cliffs A/C should be kept apart from full fidelity ones.

Honestly, you'd get me on your server more if there was less silly F15's and Su's slinging missiles at silly ranges. I get that the weapon is capable of it, but not only are those planes super easy, due to the lack of full fidelity, to manage, but they also have the most powerful weapons.

It's fun finding ground targets and it's a great open server for all types, I just find it frustrating playing against F15's, especially when a lot of aircraft don't have IFF and all aircraft are on both teams, so it's impossible to visually ID something quickly.

It leaves me playing on ACG Cold War all the time, which means I don't get to play my Mirage, but does give close combat, shorter - more visual - ranges. It does miss out on some of the cool features of your server though.

I appreciate everyone needs a place to go, and that the men with the clubs need some seals to bash, I just feel Flaming Cliffs A/C should be kept apart from full fidelity ones.

I could ask "what's your favorite icecream" and I would get rant #7517 against FC3 :)

I am trying something new and potentially fun that would significantly drop the gap between modern and old planes.

Without AA missiles, modern planes would loose their crazy missiles and because the fights would be closer range, the f10 map displaying your friends would help AC without iff.

I would also have to change AIs armament or remove them since less protection would be necessary.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Thanks for everything you are doing MirKnir for the server i myself as being a regural i enjoy it to it's fullest and having so many A/A - A2G objectives. Although i was wondering if it's in your plans to increase the player capacity from 31 to lets say 40 so each team gets 20 players each? And how would you consider the option for adding preset waypoints for A/A and A2G objectives into the flight plan?

Thanks for everything you are doing MirKnir for the server i myself as being a regural i enjoy it to it's fullest and having so many A/A - A2G objectives. Although i was wondering if it's in your plans to increase the player capacity from 31 to lets say 40 so each team gets 20 players each? And how would you consider the option for adding preset waypoints for A/A and A2G objectives into the flight plan?

Thanks for the cool feedback ; I am glad you are having fun.

For some times now, my plan has been to create a bigger server with a bigger mission and a better masterscript (codename ReGenesis) and host it on 2.0 or 2.5 or whatever new version will come.

I've been working on it and last month, I've started to wonder if I should really sign up to host another server :)

Hosting a server is going to get way more expensive with even more planes and ED's system of map and asset pack to buy (twice if you host a server I guess)

More planes also means more dev time to create and update the missions.

Also, a lot of patches comes with broken features and recently it mega-triggered my inside perfectionism and created a lot of frustration to see the server not working properly :)

Every patch is a stressful moment for me and I am not sure it should be like that.

Concerning the current Open Conflict, I feel the mission is almost already too small for the number of players and I don't want to add more.

I've been trying to put in place events/experiments to add variety and we'll see if I can get some traction on this.

Adding preset waypoints is kind of hard with so many objectives and even more spawning randomly ; I am not sure how you will see that?

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

So, the weekend has come and everyone can use some distraction to get through the last week of Harrier anticipation i'd guess!

I'd love to see OC without A-A missiles for the weekend, the only problematic module would be the Mistral I guess. It wouldn't make too much of a difference I'd guess to still have missiles on there.

Other than that I'm looking forward to see a jet furball in the spite of Burning Skies already!

I could ask "what's your favorite icecream" and I would get rant #7517 against FC3 :)

You just have to ignore it, people need an excuse as to why they get shotdown, blaming fc3 is an easy scape goat to make oneself feel superior.

I am trying something new and potentially fun that would significantly drop the gap between modern and old planes.

Without AA missiles, modern planes would loose their crazy missiles and because the fights would be closer range, the f10 map displaying your friends would help AC without iff.

I would also have to change AIs armament or remove them since less protection would be necessary.

I think guns only is a great idea but that is risking pushing some players away and not just fighters but ground pounders and MiG21 pilots also. Maybe start with just short range heaters only and see how that goes.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I'm down for the no missles! I love seeing Bert use his a10 gun in the merge shreking modern fighters!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

I think guns only is a great idea but that is risking pushing some players away and not just fighters but ground pounders and MiG21 pilots also. Maybe start with just short range heaters only and see how that goes.

Tecnically, its not guns only, it's no AA missiles.

Ag missiles will still be there.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Would be in favor of Option 2.

New planes with capable radar + systems + performance advantage using guns versus older planes with less of the above but missiles to make it a fairly even fight.

If it's gun-only, well, it'll still favour all of the newer planes considerably, but I guess that it would help the A/G players since they wouldn't get shot down as easily. Though personally I quite like the danger of enemy fighters and having to act accordingly instead of demanding to be able to trot about at high altitudes with enforced air superiority.

If it ends up being guns only I'm curious as to what kills I can get with mavericks in Air-to-Air combat. ;)

If there's no missles allowed can we go a day or two with no safe zones?! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

I have joined a friend of mine on your server a few times over the last week or so.

I have been experiencing an odd but extremely annoying issue with TeamSpeak 3 while in your server (although I do not believe it is server-specific). But I am hoping someone might be able to help me understand what is happening and/or how to resolve the issue.

TS usually starts out working just dandy but then all of a sudden I start getting a repeated verbal message saying ERROR (over and over and over again, every few seconds).

Looking at the chat screen in TS, the Error Message reads as follows:

Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.

I have no idea what is going on and thus no idea how to correct it.

PS> It is probably important to note that I also have UniversRadio installed, although I have tried to Disable it before connecting.

The fact is, I do not often use or need to use UR so I am not opposed to Disabling it or flat out Uninstalling it until I do need it. I have no idea if this is a factor or not.

Can anyone offer some suggestions please ?

SnowTiger:joystick:

I don't have an exact reason WHY it does that; I just know it's annoying as hell. My guess is the UniversRadio plugin is polling the Teamspeak app constantly, causing the spam prevention to go apeshit. It's been awhile.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Good Enough. Thank again.

I haven't had a chance to get back online in 2 days now but I trust your solution of disabling the plugin (which I have already done) will work. I had a suspicion that this was the culprit.

So unless I'm still having difficulties tomorrow (or next time I'm on TS and your server), I'm satisfied with the answers and solution provided.

Happy Flights.

SnowTiger:joystick:

If it ends up being guns only I'm curious as to what kills I can get with mavericks in Air-to-Air combat. ;)

The most likely guys getting killed by Mavericks, Vikhrs. Rb05s and KH66s are strikers concentrating on ground pounding other than that you've got to be really unaware and wearing blinkers ie. super green.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I haven't seen it up yesterday or today so it's definitely down for some reason.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin