Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Well, I did upgrade to 1.5.6 because I bought the Viggen. It's viggen awesome! Desperately needs some HOTAS profiles included. I don't get why the devs don't include some profiles for the popular gear, surely they are using various HOTAS in their testing?

Noticed a slight performance issue when first loading into the world in 1.5.6, but once it loads in fully it seems fine.

Looking forward to OC making the upgrade soon. For now when I want OC action I play my Steam version, but it doesn't have all the modules I've purchased.

I noticed lately that when I play in US Eastern time zone, in the afternoons the servers hits 31/31 capacity pretty regularly. I know the server is resource heavy but I am really looking forward to the day that they optimize dedicated server and we can bump that number of players up to 64.

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

Looking forward to what you're working on Mirk :)

Yea me too :)

First, generating waypoints on the fly (point intended) for the players was a bust. :(

It's only working for AIs.

So there's that but this will not prevent me to add a better concept of mission.

Now, about populating dynamically the mission and generating content with variety...

I am starting to have results but it makes me play with spawning to a new level comparing to the current Skynet 'spawning a guy to rescue' or 'respawning a CAP'. :lol:

I am trying to code around some DCS limitations and quirks but it's progressing.

I prefer to not sell a dream before I know it can be done but I guess I will do a video when it's more showable and less crashy. thumbup.gif

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hey guys maybe one of you can help.

So I managed to install tacview and it also saves the acmi file of each file in the correct folder. Problem is, the files are empty. When I open them, there is no timeline, no units. Just an empty ACMI file.

Does anybody know the solution?

Greetings,

Mobius

I'm enjoying this server but find that it's very quiet. No one uses their TS server to coordinate.

Are people using something else? Or their own?

We use TS, what I think has happened is that 90% of the regulars (including me :D) have purchased the Viggen and therefore have updated to 1.5.6 while the server is still on 1.5.5 meaning we cant play. Now if 90% of the regulars aren't playing until the server updates that means a few weeks of quietness on TS.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

I'm enjoying this server but find that it's very quiet. No one uses their TS server to coordinate.

I am new to this server and also enjoying it. I too logged into TS to find I was the only one there. Glad to hear this appears to be only temporary!

See ya in the sky.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now if 90% of the regulars aren't playing until the server updates that means a few weeks of quietness on TS.

That's actually not true, especially the 90% part.

I see a lot of regulars still visiting the server even if, yea, some are trying the open beta.

I've noticed that some people are just playing together on skype or their own TS.

Some people are also using Simple Radio addon.

The best way to get people to play and talk with you is to ask in chat :thumbup:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

is the surver Running 1.5.5 still ? Im running DCS on the latest build and can't find the OC server anymore..

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

That's actually not true, especially the 90% part.

I see a lot of regulars still visiting the server even if, yea, some are trying the open beta.

I've noticed that some people are just playing together on skype or their own TS.

Some people are also using Simple Radio addon.

The best way to get people to play and talk with you is to ask in chat :thumbup:

Thats true (I'm only guesstimating as I've been gone for a while) personally as much as I love OC I love the Viggen more. Here's hoping ED push it to main branch soon so OC can be updated.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

I'm in no rush for the new patch! I went to open beta for 1 day and it borked a lot of my DCS. Went back to stable as fast as I could!

Viggen is cool and all, but it's definitely a BETA. Like early early BETA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

I'm in no rush for the new patch! I went to open beta for 1 day and it borked a lot of my DCS. Went back to stable as fast as I could!

Viggen is cool and all, but it's definitely a BETA. Like early early BETA

They fixed quite a bit with Friday's hot fix most obviously the loading times but several other things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible that we could minimise weather that causes graphic effects like rain and snow? This is killing the VR experience, and I don't just mean "slightly lower fps" but rather "oh god I'm going to throw up". Or at the very least if it only causes that in some geographical areas, or maybe/also a very low ceiling for that weather effect or a short amount of time re dynamic weather.

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

I think for every weather complaint the visibility and ceiling should be lowered 1000 FT! lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Yea the server will stay on stable version even if I know everyone wants me to update to 4.7.9 pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre alpha to play the F18.

For the weather, even if I won't put full snow or snowstorm for FPS reason, I will still use rain because it's just one more tool in my variety tool box and it suits my melancholic soul.

However, the weather will change soon because this pattern has been here for very long.

Concerning project ReGenesis, the new Skynet is progressing pretty fast using C++ as new programming language comparing to when I created Skynet in Lua.

The code is easier to do, maintain and offer more performances and some nice possibility for deeper and more advanced features.

I am now able to generate and spawn bases with defenses, convoy, helicopter an airplane flight dynamically on the fly and my first private tests didn't reveal server problems when doing this. :thumbup:

Because pure random is madness, I am now creating rules to control this content generation and I had an idea I wanted some feedback on.

What would you think of specific convoy with sensitive cargo to get (prisoner, sensitive data, enemy VIPS...) that you couldn't just wipe out.

You would need to kill the defenses with precision to avoid killing the sensitive cargo vehicle(s) and then, the undefended convoy would surrender and you would need to extract the cargo.

I think it could be challenging and require some teamwork to assault and extract in the same mission.

It's one of 87 other ideas I would like to try but what do you think of this one?

Also, let's say I code my own awacs, what do you think should be the rules in term of reporting?

What aircrafts should be invisible to the AWACS in addition to Medic?

What would you think of specific reporting? Standard reporting for modern fighter but more precise reporting for weaker planes?

I was thinking of using AWACS report to level somhow the playing field something like that the weaker the fighter, the more or clearer or more precise information he could get.

However I am still unsure how it would be represented. Any thoughts ?

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I think the hidden medics would be a great idea. Maybe anything below a certain altitude or under certain terrain features. Maybe even a point loss or penalty system in place for killing medic choppers. Is there even a medic or air ambulance skin for huey/mi8?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.