Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Or rather mirk can have a pdf of all the t/as and their respective coordinates both in lat/long, MGRS and associated elevation/qnh/qfe

Also, are there pictures of the objectives anywhere so I can get a better idea of what exactly I am looking for?

Hehe you guys are proper pilots ; you really like to have printed papers and pictures all around your cockpit :)

I am actually trying to have everything in-game because of the dynamic aspect of Open Conflict that I want to build on.

He actually already does in skynet when you type up the objective your looking for.

Yea, you can do -ag <objectiveCodeName> to get a lot of information and it's possible to add more if I know / am given the formula to compute them.

Now that the Stable has been updated and the Viggen is here i hope the Server is updated as soon as possible to implement it =).

I will update the server when I come back home and will add the viggens like other planes first.

You guys will try and see if more stuff needs to be added.

Let's take it one step at a time :helpsmilie:

Any favorite skins?

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Does DCS not offer the ability to limit player counts on each team to 15? Just curious. Also, to those of you that love blue so much, why?

DCS doesn't offer the feature directly but I can script it easily.

For me, the problem is not there.

Some opportunities / Different Fantasy

I've tried a lot of stuff including having all aircrafts in both side and making the red awacs speak english.

I can't force people to be in a team or in the other as I don't want to separate friends and there is a fantasy associated with each team.

Red is more associated with the aggressors, the hunter, the trouble makers.

Blue is more the protectors, the good guys, the defender of justice and the killer of aggressors.

Some people will change side but a lot of people just prefer a side, that's it.

Fluid solution for fluid problem

The strength balance is too fluid in DCS ; someone can too easily change team, aircraft or role in a second.

The number of players in a team is not representative of its strength as they can all be in WWII planes.

The number of fighters in a better metric but they can all be in the protected zone doing formation flying or be equipped with bombs and doing ground attacks.

Because the strength balance can change so quickly, I want to design solution that can adapt as quickly.

Spawning AIs to compensate would be a solution but a bad one as if the strength balance changes, I would need to unspawn the additional CAPs to compensate.

Even if I can do that, it would be weird for the battlefield especially if it happens quickly and often.

The idea I am thinking about in the new skynet is to play with some of the new system I will control.

An overly powerful team would have their CGI/AWACS report system shut-down or less precise. This is something I can play with easily and change quickly to adapt the the force balance.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Mirknir I can't see the server in the browser, any chance of a direct IP address?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Guys, can anyone help me with the M2000. Flying is not the problem - I cannot for the life of me communicate with ATC. Should I have easy comms on or off? Do I need to set the dials? I have my UHF and UVFH keys bound, but neither seems to generate a response from ATC. Help? :dunno:

Also, if anyone can tell me why F7 doesn't work for me to request bogey dope, I would appreciate it.

Sorry for all the questions!

Edited by Scottvdken

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

The server will be updated tonight (us east time) when I come back home.

I will post here when the deed is done :thumbup:

Thank you! :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Guys, can anyone help me with the M2000. Flying is not the problem - I cannot for the life of me communicate with ATC. Should I have easy comms on or off? Do I need to set the dials? I have my UHF and UVFH keys bound, but neither seems to generate a response from ATC. Help? :dunno:

Also, if anyone can tell me why F7 doesn't work for me to request bogey dope, I would appreciate it.

Sorry for all the questions!

Ok first the F7 key. Do you use Track IR? F7 is used by default in the TIR software to activate precision mode, and it will conflict with the DCS key settings. So you have to set that to something else in the TIR software tools. It also won't work if you haven't dialed in the right frequency or channel on your radio. (Check your mission briefing)

As for the radios, that depends on the server and how it's setup. Like most servers I assume it doesn't have presets so you will need to turn on the UVHF to manual (Its the middle dial under the frequency range dials, set it to "M"). Then set the frequency to your airport ATC frequency using the little knobs next to the freq. numbers on the same panel. You can check this using F10 and clicking on your airfield icon. It should then display a window where you will be able to find a few frequencies you can use to do that.

Some servers (missions) have preset radio channels, in that case your radios need to be set to "P" (for Preset) and the correct channel selected.

If you don't figure it one of the wardogs -{wd}- will be on I expect I'm sure they will be able to help,

Silly question but you are turning the radios on right? ATC is a different frequency to awacs, I think it might be preset 2, the frequencies are probably on the breifing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok first the F7 key. Do you use Track IR? F7 is used by default in the TIR software to activate precision mode, and it will conflict with the DCS key settings. So you have to set that to something else in the TIR software tools. It also won't work if you haven't dialed in the right frequency or channel on your radio. (Check your mission briefing)

I am using TrackIR, this is probably it, thank you!

As for the frequencies, if I select "easy comms" shouldn't that override any need to use frequencies?

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

By default the radio is off, you need to turn it on. The tiny rotary knob in VHF panel. Chanel 1 is AWACS Chanel 2 is tanker (shell)

You can also manually tune to other airfields by looking up their freq in the f10 map then tuning that radio. Make sure if you are not using presets you select manual mode for using manual frequency selection

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

I am using TrackIR, this is probably it, thank you!

As for the frequencies, if I select "easy comms" shouldn't that override any need to use frequencies?

Not if you are playing online. The server determines the rules, if it doesn't have easy comms set to on, it won't matter what setting you have chosen.

Got it. As usual, it was a BCAK (Between Chair + Keyboard) error. I wasn't turning the radio on:doh: AWACS is also now working. Thanks!!

Is there anyway to appeal a ban?

I accidentally bombed a friendly convoy :(

Your name is so appropriate :-D

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

I dont know if this is where to do this or not but..

No it's not the right place and I usually try to have a moderator or the owner of the post clean this kind of report post as it's against my and the forum policies.

I prefer to keep this thread about making the server content better.

It also includes better auto policing measures if you have suggestion.

I deal with team killing and bans by PM to avoid having this forum transform into a toxic place with name calling and drama.

For those asking how it works, its basically no bad deeds goes unsaved.

I store every offenses, kicks and reports in your player profile and it can lead to temp or perm ban.

So please be a respectful gentleman when you fly on open conflict and also consider that shit happens on the battlefield like in real life.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hey all, wanted to write a bit about viggen capabilities and functionality in OC as for the recent patches. In conclusion: It works great!

Plotting in waypoints and planning your flight using the F10 map is actually even more fun than having a preplanned route.

It is indeed a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it, you can use every function of the viggen on Open Conflict.

So in general no need for further waypoints, except for maybe a preset reference point on some landmark for each coalition.

Other than that, we only need more slots of it per coalition, have you thought about groundspawns?

Hey all, wanted to write a bit about viggen capabilities and functionality in OC as for the recent patches. In conclusion: It works great!

Plotting in waypoints and planning your flight using the F10 map is actually even more fun than having a preplanned route.

It is indeed a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it, you can use every function of the viggen on Open Conflict.

So in general no need for further waypoints, except for maybe a preset reference point on some landmark for each coalition.

Other than that, we only need more slots of it per coalition, have you thought about groundspawns?

Thanks for the report.

I am considering ground spawns but the WWII plane ground slots are a special hack I did because ground spawn were just officially for helicopters.

I may add a special one for you guys to test because some airplanes really reacted badly to ground spawns.

I am also running out of slots on airports but I've noticed a new thing in the mission editor: "Grass Field".

I will do some tests with it and see if it's something as cool as I think it can be :thumbup:

If I cant manage to put ground spawns with rearm, I would also need you guys to give me a default payload for the ground viggens.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Something like either 4x RB 75T (or 2x RB 75 and 2x RB 75T), External tank and 2x RB 24J for the other wing pylons might be a nice and Versatile loadout.

With the RB 75Ts being based on the AGM-65A but with the heavy warhead (Around 130 kg) making them usefull against most type of targets (light or heavy) where as the standard RB 75 has the normal warhead so its less versatile since while it might be perfect for vehicles etc it might not pack the punch for buildings or cargo ships etc

(and also does not have the Splash effect of the RB 75T).

This would probably be one of the more versatile loadouts since most other air-ground loadouts are more specific depending on what the target is.

Though 2x RB 75T and 2x Gunpods

(+ External tank and RB 24J on the outer wing pylon)

could also be interesting since where as you give up 2x mavericks the Gunpods would prove usefull if there are multiple lightly armored targets.

So if you have to go with a Default ground loadout for possible road bases id say go with one of those 2.

And it would be amazing to have some type of Roadbase =>.

(maybe place them close to the Heli Farps if there are suitable roads nearby)

Edited by mattebubben

Map Update

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.4.4

Viggens

• Added some 'OnGround' slots next to the WWII ones - They are marked @ALG
  • 'OnGround' slots comes with a default payload as you can't rearm
  • Like for WWII planes, I've hacked these 'OnGround' slots as this feature is officially for helicopters
  • Unlike WWII planes, I don't own the Viggen so I couldn't test them - I am not sure how they will behave.
  • Please come back to me when you've tested them

Ka50

• Change the red UKR camo reported too flashy ;)

Weather and Time

• Mission starts at dawn
  • Weather is back to sunny and calm after a long string of bad weather
    • "But why the weather is always so depressing Mirknir?"
    • Because you guys are not posting enough of your stories on OC with screenshots so I am sad :P
    • Because full sunny can be boring imo
    • Because, in this mission, the sun also has a tendency to blind one side when it goes down or up

btn_donate_pp_142x27.png

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Stupid question, as a dabbler in the viggen. What are these ground slots for? What is the benefit?

Stupid question, as a dabbler in the viggen. What are these ground slots for? What is the benefit?

Benefits = none really, or maybe just an even closer spawn to the conflict zone.

but why people request them :

1- taking off and landing on roads was one of the special things the Viggen did in real life, the swedish way of thinking was that if the soviets ever attacked sweden and destroyed most of its airfields, the Swedish airforce would still be able to deploy viggens from Roads.

2- taking of and landing on a road in dcs is actually fun and challenging, true you are not able to rearm and refuel but soon when Normandy map comes we hope DCS would implement Repair and refuel trucks near roads to work as an airfield.

hope that answered your question :thumbup:

Just did a sortie from the Blue Viggen Road base and it worked just fine.

The Aircraft started on the grass so had to use the afterburner to get onto the Road.

Takeoff was easy enough as while the road was not perfect it was long enough so no problem there.

So all in all good work =) gonna do more road base flying tomorrow followed by Re-arming at the nearby farp (you could place a Farp at the Roadbase for Re-Arming as well maby? just park it close enough to where you can taxi the Viggen to where it touches the Farp and it should apparently be possible to Re-Arm.

One down side with using Road bases ingame though

(just how the Viggen is Set up) is that you wont be able to Set up the Navigation system correctly.

Since one cant feed the starting location/airfield into the nav computer it does not know where you are.

That can be fixed if one lands to re-arm at a proper airfield (and just set it as the starting airfield before starting off).

But due to there being no default road base locations on the map there is no way around this problem.

Not a major problem though as on this server you mostly rely on Skynet to find the targets anyway.

So thanks for this addition and im looking forward to doing some more "testing" tomorrow =>.