Heavy and military transport aviation to the DCS.

Siberian

Heavy and military transport aviation to the DCS.  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Heavy and military transport aviation to the DCS.

• Yes, I'll fly with pleasure.
    • No, I'am interested only a combat aircrafts.

Hi guys, I propose to discuss and vote, would you like to see military transport aviation in the DCS?

The Aircrafts - Antonov An-12, An-22 An-26, An-30, Ilyushin Il-76, Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, Lockheed C-130.

The Helicopters - Mil Mi-26, Boeing CH-47 Chinook, Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk, Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion.

I would like to know the views of the international community on this matter. Because if there is a desire and demand, module developers will be willing to take up the case, I hope.

Nah. That's what other Sims are for.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Yes, definitely. I don't like this view that DCS should be all about fighters, I mean it's fine if people only want to buy those kind of aircraft, but please don't assume the whole community shares that view. For me, DCS is a war simulator, and a huge part of war is training and logistics. But more than that, I just like the ability to have aircraft modelled to this level, so while I enjoy the fighters as much as anybody. DCS for me is an incredible tool that allows me to simply learn and fly the aircraft, any aircraft I may be interested in and I look forward to anything that may come to this wonderful sim in future.

I'm really happy to have the Hawk in DCS and I'm looking forward to the L-39. Large aircraft would be real nice to experience, not necessarily just transport aircraft, but large ones in general. A B1b and a C-130 or even a C-17 would be a nice start imo.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I wouldn't really prefer the ultra-large long-ranged transports like the An-22, C-17, etc. To me, they will be a huge waste in DCSW's small theaters.

However, tactical airlifters and battlefield transports like the MV-22, C-27J, An-24/26/30/32, etc. will be very desirable in DCSW given that payload/troop transporting is properly implemented.

I wouldn't really prefer the ultra-large long-ranged transports like the An-22, C-17, etc. To me, they will be a huge waste in DCSW's small theaters.

I think bigger maps would have to be considered if and when DCS grows to this point. The C-17 would still be fun though imo, it can operate from very small airfields, even rough terrain and can nip in and out of hotzones, could make for some fun missions.

Absolutely yes!!! Barney (C-17) was the last jet I was aircrew on before driving desks. Would love to fly it on the deck at 380 KCAS, or do combat descents which require looking up through the eyebrow windows to see the runway.

BTW, don't call them non-combat, there's a special unit that gets shot at plenty :smilewink:

Absolutely yes!!! Barney (C-17) was the last jet I was aircrew on before driving desks. Would love to fly it on the deck at 380 KCAS, or do combat descents which require looking up through the eyebrow windows to see the runway.

BTW, don't call them non-combat, there's a special unit that gets shot at plenty :smilewink:

Welcome to the forum! :thumbup: Seems you've had plenty of fun in your day job.

As with all things, it depends.

I have a soft spot for the C-130, as well as some of the helicopters.

I think that having transport craft, will round out the stable.

I am not intending to purchase every aircraft, just the ones that interest me.

Regards Sleuth

Windows 8.1 with Media Centre

CPU: Intel i7-2600 @3.40Ghz (8CPU)

RAM: 8192MB

DirectX: 11

Graphics NVidia GeForce GTX670 4GB

Display (1920 x 1080)

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Pack

Saitek Combat Flight Pedals

DCS World with A10c & UH1

FSX, FS9, CFS3, CFS2, LoMAC, Falcon 4 AF

Despite the fact that some would like to fly a C-130 or an IL-76, i do believe there should be a mission/purpose to fly them. So i think an AC-130 for bombarding or IL-78 for refueling would be better. Atleast it won't involve just flying from A to B.

Maybe use a C-130 for paradrop?

C-130%20Hercules%20Para-Dropping%202008%20(6).jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

Absolutely! C160 please! They are quite common where I am. But I'll be happy with any heavy transport plane.

Yeah, DCS: Transall would be great. I would certainly buy that. Or what about the fancy A-400M? I'm kinda tired of US/RUS stuff. Give the europeans something to play!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg