Starting the APU after failed first attempt

bart86pl

I have a problem with restarting the APU after failed first attempt. When I do something wrong with APU start it goes off and it is impossible to start it again using the correct method.

From what I gathered on the net its not a bug - I couldn't find the answer there or in the manual - what is the correct procedure to fix the issue? Really sorry if this was asked/answered before, but I could not find it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

Have you connected external ground power?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Doing anything with the APU that doesn't result in a successful start will break it. Such actions can include:

1) Performing an APU crank.

2) Performing an APU false start.

3) Attempting to start the APU with the service tank fuel pump off.

Once any of the above actions are performed, the APU will no longer start even if everything is configured correctly on subsequent attempts. Ground electric power has no effect, this happens either way. Repairing the aircraft will not fix the APU.

Doing anything with the APU that doesn't result in a successful start will break it. Such actions can include:

1) Performing an APU crank.

2) Performing an APU false start.

3) Attempting to start the APU with the service tank fuel pump off.

Once any of the above actions are performed, the APU will no longer start even if everything is configured correctly on subsequent attempts. Ground electric power has no effect, this happens either way. Repairing the aircraft will not fix the APU.

This is exactly what I was writing about. Looks like the only option is mission restart- strange, repairing the helicopter should fix the issue.

This is exactly what I was writing about. Looks like the only option is mission restart- strange, repairing the helicopter should fix the issue.

If you're doing multiplayer you can go to spectator and back for a new helicopter. Otherwise, ya, you have to restart the mission if you're doing single player.

Repairing should fix it. But on the other hand, the APU isn't supposed to break like that in the first place...

If you're doing multiplayer you can go to spectator and back for a new helicopter. Otherwise, ya, you have to restart the mission if you're doing single player.

Repairing should fix it. But on the other hand, the APU isn't supposed to break like that in the first place...

Thanks for the tip, I would really like to hear the Belsimtek comment on this issue - is this a electrical system bug or simulation of real life problem.