Zoom View & Pan-Speed

With regards to using TrackIR 5, if I zoom my view greatly to try to find or recognize which aircraft is which, panning my view becomes a major PITA, because the smallest head-motion has my vision skittering all over the sky :lookaround:.

Is there any way to dynamically reduce the pan-speed while view is zoomed :geek:?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

What if you enabled TrackIR's precision mode while you were zoomed? Not exactly what you asked for but should work.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I think I know what you're talking about. Your problem is that zooming in, conflicts with precise panning in the way that wobbling of view demands you to step back from trackIR camera so the jittering is less, but then you can't identify the aircraft.

Its an inherent problem with trackIR because even with the 3 LED thingy, or the cap reflector thingy, the tracking logic is rubbish. Fret not, for oculus is plentiful on LED's so the precision is at least tripled.

Precision mode slows things down, but also you can increase smoothness, reduce speed, manipulate the curves of pan to less effect, or even assign a hotas axis for pan instead of trackIR axis (absolute horizontal camera shift if memory serves me correctly)...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

That will be possible in your TrackIR software. In the Profiles tab, make sure you're in your DCS profile, and in the HotKeys section, you have a scroll down menu with 4 choices:

-Center

-Pause

-Precision

Choose Precision and bind it to a key you have easy access to during gameplay. To avoid the need to keep that key pressed, you can check the box that says Toggle. Pressing it once will put you in precision mode, while once more will disable it, and so on.

Now to set your preferred precision movement, go to the Camera tab. The last option is the smoothing value for Precision mode. The higher the value, the smoother and slower the camera will move, which is what you want when zoomed in.

you can also load the pano by right clicking inside the tracking window and selecting load pano. there should be one of a spitfire where you can test your settings.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I configured the Precision key and tried it out. It's better, but not by as much as I had hopped, but better. I guess I'll chalk it up to not knowing how much enough is until you know how much too much is.

Thanks for all the responses :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1