Mad Catz response to Windows 10 issues:

I loaded Windows 10 last week. I tried to use the Smart Technology profile editor yesterday and it would not start. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, ran compatibility mode. I came to the forum and asked people about it. Many said that they were not having problems, but I doubt they tried the profile editor because it doesn't work in Windows10.

When I ran the Compatibility test for Windows, it simply said "Incompatible software". This was confirmed (finally) by the Mad Catz Support. When I chatted with them this was the conversation:

There are currently 1 people ahead of you in the queue.

Your Question: Loaded Windows 10, cannot open profile editor for X52 pro. Have uninstalled and re installed, no luck. Was running before I loaded Windows 10. Ran compatibility test, Windows says it's not compatible.

Please wait and one of our operators will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with Mad Catz

12:45Mad Catz: Hello , thank you for contacting Madcatz . Currently there are no drives or software for windows 10 but our web team is working on them at the moment . I apologize for any inconvenience

They did not hang out for me to ask when any of this would happen so I'm assuming they are probably in a pickle over Windows 10. So if anyone is able to use the profile editor in Windows 10, is there a work around or is it just working for you without you having to do anything?

Thx! Mark

I've been doing some research after discovering the profiler issues. I don't have any stability issues with the software, but DCS DOES have issues with several of the key assignments.

For example, I use rcntrl+; to control trim in the SU-27 and have that bound to the hat switch. Apparently the game or software doesn't recognize the right control part of that input and it does nothing. What's really strange is that I can go into the key binding screen and press the button and it's recognized, but ingame it doesn't do anything.

Also, the key repeat rates seem to be screwed up. I went into multiplayer and opened the chat screen and then the key I have bound to adjust the targeting crosshair, and it spams the key VERY intermittently or sometimes just not at all.

So ya, at this point the Profiler is completely screen with Windows 10.

On the bright side, it appears if there's nothing wrong with the joystick driver itself, so you can work around the issue by binding the controls directly inside of DCS itself.

Edited by McDeth187