Code activations

Eburitus

What does activation limit with modules mean? Does it mean that if I make 3 fresh installs for DCS and activate modules, those modules are gone for me and I need to buy those again if I want to make new installs?

HEY! EVERYONE SCATTER! HES FLYING AGAIN!:pilotfly:

Does it mean that if I make 3 fresh installs for DCS and activate modules, those modules are gone for me and I need to buy those again if I want to make new installs?

No. Theoretically, you should never need to repurchase any of your modules.

First of all, just removing and reinstalling the product, with no other changes to the hardware or purposeful deletion of registry keys, will not require reactivation.

Installing on 10 different machines would indeed use up all of your activations. Even if that did happen, 30 days after you use your last activation, a new activation will be added to your key. No further new activations will be added until that one is used, returning your count to zero. Then, after 30 days, a new activation will be added again.

It is also possible to use up activations by changing hardware in your existing machine, with varying point values for different hardware changes. See the Quick Start Guide for one of your modules for details.

You also have 10 deactivations, which do not replenish at all, but do allow you to reuse a currently in use activation. They can be used in a case of moving the installation permanently to a new machine or prior to some other major hardware or OS change.

I hope this helps alleviate your concerns.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: