F-15 Screen Freezing Problem

frixon28

Hello everyone,

I discovered DCS of off steam a few months back and after getting to know how the game works I decided to buy the F-15C standalone off of steam. I installed the dlc instantly and started up the game. Everything look good it showed the F15 wallpaper and the different music began to play. I decided I would take a spin in free flight mode. The loading screen came up as normal and was loading fine until it got to about 2/3 the way on the loading bar. The screen froze and the only way I could exit was through control, alt, delete. I decided to try flying in different game modes and even with different aircraft. Nothing worked. I deleted and reinstalled the game. I tested it without the module and it worked fine and I could fly my SU-25T. I installed the dlc and I began getting these loading problems again. After searching around for 2 days everywhere I could think of I could find nothing. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you and have a nice day.

I think I know what might have happened here. When you use a new module for the 1st time a dialogue box will appear which asks you to type in your module activation serial number so that it can verify the serial number with the DCS activation server. The dialogue box is 'outside of' DCS world. What should happen is that the game minimizes to show you the dialogue box. It could be that the game looks like it's freezing at that point because it hasn't minimized as it should have done.

Try running it again and when it freezes try alt-tabbing out of the game and see if the activation dialogue box is waiting for you.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Ok thanks everyone for the answers. Yes I do have a Windows 7 64 bit operating system and running DCS has never been a problem until the new module. With the keys before I launch the game the code that says its the activation key. I will try loading up DCS and alt-tabbing to see if I find anything. Thanks for the replies and if anyone finds any information feel free to post it!

Any change running it as administrator?

Here's another workaround. Open: Your DCS folder/Mods/Aircraft/F-15C/bin and click on the protection app called f15_protect. Insert the key as prompted and finish the registration of the key. Launch DCS and try to fly the 15.

Edited by Czar66
Addition of troubleshoot information

Hi,

I have been on that app and have both clicked yes and re-activate when it said

Activation with this Serial Number has already been performed and the license is still active.

Run without re-activation?

Nothing seems to work but thanks for trying.

Hmm, OK let's see if we can think of something else.

When you run DCS, do you have anything else running in the background? For example, I recently tried using a Teamspeak overlay plugin that would randomly crash DCS world for some reason so I turned it off. Check to make sure that nothing that isn't absolutely necessary (hardware drivers and AV are necessary but that's about it) is running in your system tray.

Have you got any mods installed? One of them could be causing the problem. An incorrect mod directory path structure in JSGME can cause havoc. Try running a clean installation to see if that corrects the issue.

Apart from re-installing the game, try running the DCS repair tool to see if your installation has any missing files or other weirdness.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

No worries. It is worth running the repair tool: a couple of times I've downloaded stuff that obviously hasn't installed completely cleanly for whatever reason but the repair tool reliably solves most issues with corrupted installations.

Ok I got a reply from the support team.

"Sorry but you tried to run game on Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Your system does not meet requirements".

So I guess my settings must have been messed up because I've been running on my current settings for a while. Ill give it a try

alright well I managed to get it working slightly! There seems to be something like a 2/17 chance of the game not freezing. I did have to put all my graphics on minimum but at least I played 2 games worth. Now to go figure out to make the game work reliably so it isn't like trying to get a Tiger tank to start.....

Start --> All Programs --> DCS --> Repair DCS World.

It could be that if you're using on-board graphics then the graphics system doesn't have enough texture memory to properly run the game.

That might work I suppose, but I think it's more likely to be a hardware issue. Could you post your computer specs?

If you're running on Intel integraded graphics you might run into issues for the most part or not able to run the sim at all.

If you were able to play DCS before, try changing your videos settings back to where it worked.

On a side note: No one should hope to run DCS with that video card without issues or at all. Get a dedicated video card that meets the requirements, the lock up might be caused by lack of video ram or processing power (happened to me with another game a while back with another CPU). It's a somewhat common behavior.

I suspect that's exactly what the cause is: unfortunately I don't think that the Intel 4000 series GPU has enough texture memory to run DCS World.

• 4 weeks later...