Airmobile Event #2 - Night Stalkers: Fall of Hercules

Charly_Owl

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Charly_Owl, will you please sign me up for a UH-1 MEDEVAC slot. I can flex to a UH-1 Slick or Gunship if need be, but MEDEVAC will be first choice.

ILLUM rockets might come in useful for Shark pilots. Was gonna bring them myself for target spotting but Ka slots were filled up pretty quick :doh:

EDIT: Can the Huey gunships carry ILLUM rockets?

EDIT2: Reagan505, you're such a copycat, ha ha

Edited by Raptor9

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

ILLUM rockets might come in useful for Shark pilots. Was gonna bring them myself for target spotting but Ka slots were filled up pretty quick :doh:

EDIT: Can the Huey gunships carry ILLUM rockets?

EDIT2: Reagan505, you're such a copycat, ha ha

Your loadout will be at your discretion. Just make sure that ILLUM rockets don't create too much of a hit on framerate.

You should speak with King_Hrothgar (Ka-50 lead) and see if the Ka-50 pilots want illumination over targets. Speaking for myself, I don't think it's going to be that useful since some of the "targets" can (and will) rip you to shreds before you can think of illuminating them :D. Of course, I could be wrong.

Discuss. :book:

Are there any JTAC spots and if so can they deploy illume?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• ED Team

Well, since I'm in a MEDEVAC slot, I'll stick to my task and stay out of other players' cockpits.

The ILLUM rockets were on my mind is all, never tried to use them from UH-1 (one of the warhead selections is M257 Practice Illumination). I use them at night from the Ka-50 though, they work well but last for only about 30 secs.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I'm a bit worried here how is this gonna play out since black sharks don't have FLIR.

They do have NVGs though. So overall it's not "too" bad.

But yeah. If some gunships want to be bring in illumination ordnance, they should coordinate and talk with the other gunship/ka-50 pilots in the sign-up list.

This is the place to make a game plan, and try to find creative ways to win.

Sign me up for MEDEVAC huey and if that's full, anything really, Thanks for the event!

Edit: To not make you decide everything for me, sign me up for mi-8 gunship, gives me something to practice until the weekend, I just saw that MEDEVAC seems to be full already

Edited by clebi99

Creative idea #1:

Huey gunships out front with eagle eye gunners set to fire at will. Ka-50's trail slightly, firing one illum rocket at a time to light a path. Huey miniguns will basically make a laser pointer to any enemy units (they'll outrange a shilka....) and then the Ka-50s can strike any discovered targets with vikhrs.

Hooray for abusing AI!

Chuck, a possible alternative teamspeak setup is to have the normal group channels, then a global channel. People would join their group channel in one teamspeak tab, then join the global channel in another tab. The crosstalk plugin can be used to set one channel to only play from the left speaker and the other channel to only play from the right speaker. Science says it's easier to decipher different people talking when the audio comes from different directions. This is what I do when playing on the 104th. The downside is that it requires more time to set up. I'm not sure if it's a good idea because of the added complexity but figured I'd throw it out there.

Also feel free to move me to an Mi-8 gunship if clebi still wants the Huey slot.

EDIT: or Mi-8 slick. I just realized there are a fair number of those slots left.

Edited by sniporbob

Creative idea #1:

Huey gunships out front with eagle eye gunners set to fire at will. Ka-50's trail slightly, firing one illum rocket at a time to light a path. Huey miniguns will basically make a laser pointer to any enemy units (they'll outrange a shilka....) and then the Ka-50s can strike any discovered targets with vikhrs.

Hooray for abusing AI!

Chuck, a possible alternative teamspeak setup is to have the normal group channels, then a global channel. People would join their group channel in one teamspeak tab, then join the global channel in another tab. The crosstalk plugin can be used to set one channel to only play from the left speaker and the other channel to only play from the right speaker. Science says it's easier to decipher different people talking when the audio comes from different directions. This is what I do when playing on the 104th. The downside is that it requires more time to set up. I'm not sure if it's a good idea because of the added complexity but figured I'd throw it out there.

Also feel free to move me to an Mi-8 gunship if clebi still wants the Huey slot.

EDIT: or Mi-8 slick. I just realized there are a fair number of those slots left.

Sounds like a pretty sound plan, I assume the huey laz0r MG pointers will also be pointers for gunships to unleash hell once it's safe to engage.

That teamspeak stuff sounds interesting too but requires quite some cooperation right from the get go, I guess it just depends on the group of people we'll have together in the end and how competent everyone is:smartass:

About the MEDEVAC slot, I'll take it for sure, thanks for the offer!

I typically carry illumination rockets on the Ka-50 for night missions. They are useful for not only spotting but also keeping a lock and marking target zones. That said, the route appears too long to light the whole way. So I'm thinking it would be better to save them for the target area.

I typically carry illumination rockets on the Ka-50 for night missions. They are useful for not only spotting but also keeping a lock and marking target zones. That said, the route appears too long to light the whole way. So I'm thinking it would be better to save them for the target area.

i have been practicing my illumination last night considering going all illumination rockets for the mission.

i have been practicing my illumination last night considering going all illumination rockets for the mission.

I mean, we do have dakka that is out of proportion for such a mission so I guess it would be fine and the gun will probably do loads of work since we will probably not see MBT's and such that require vikhrs in order to be killed:thumbup:

I mean, we do have dakka that is out of proportion for such a mission so I guess it would be fine and the gun will probably do loads of work since we will probably not see MBT's and such that require vikhrs in order to be killed:thumbup:

You never know. Maybe there is some T-65 waiting for you in bush. :/

Put me down for RECTIFY ONE UH-1 gunship. If full any UH-1 slot will do.

(B/229) Nemax

ASUS ROG Zephyrus S GX502GW

(Core i7-9750H, RTX 2070, 32 GB ram)

TM Warthog - TM T-Flight Pedals - TrackIr 5 - Cougar MFD

Modules

F-86F - T.1A - A-10C - M-2000C - UH-1 - F-5 - P-51 - SA342 - Spitfire - AJS-37 - AV-8B - F/A-18C - L-39 - MiG-21 - MiG-15 - KA-50

FC3 - CA - NTTR - Normandy - WWII AP - LotATC - TacView