Airmobile Event #2 - Night Stalkers: Fall of Hercules

Charly_Owl

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't get the ELT transmitting properly in multiplayer... so I just scrapped the idea.

If any of you have a reliable way to make it work for everyone, feel free to share. I'll gladly implement it.

I love radio navigation, it's an interesting challenge.

Relevant thread?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126130

Someone posted a link to a mission that apparently has functional radio beacons attached to units.

I have no idea how any of the scripting stuff works, so this is about all the assistance I can provide.

Body Farm, have you got it to work in multiplayer?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

You can use my CTLD script if you like. Thats got working beacons on UHF, VHF and the Huey FM Radio. The sound file can't always be heard, which is a DCS Bug, but you'll always be able to home. Fully tested in multiplayer and its been running on the VSAAF training mission for a while now.

You can disable all the other parts of the script for the Helis if you just edit the transportPilotNames list and remove all the names.

Relevant part of the documentation: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD#create-radio-beacon-at-zone

Just make sure you add the two sound files listed or they wont work. The frequency is picked randomly at the start of the mission but can always be listed with a radio command.

If you need any help just let me know :)

Edit: Instructions for ADF in a few Aircraft https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD#radio-beacon-deployment

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

If you want to host a private server tonight, I could join and test it.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

What time zone do you live in?

I can't make the 229th dress rehearsal but if I can tag along with you two tonight for a wee taste of flying together without lights etc. Perhaps we could test the huey external nvg formation lights as well as homing beacons:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like a plan. I will be free from 2100hrs UK time.

What time zone do you live in?

I'm UTC+3, but I am available any time this weekend.

I have added infantry broadcasting on FM to the Chuck's mission (next to the FARP and the C-130) and had no problem getting reception from about 34-36nm away (range is a bit lower because of the mountains).

If you or anyone else would like to test it a client, just name the time.

Edit: Although, I never tried to host, so I don't know if it is possible from me computer.

Edited by Body Farm

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

I too have never hosted a game online and so not too sure how to. I am GMT +1 and can only get online once I have put my son to bed so 2100hrs onwards. That'll be 2300 your time, is that too late?

I'm UTC+3, but I am available any time this weekend.

I have added infantry broadcasting on FM to the Chuck's mission (next to the FARP and the C-130) and had no problem getting reception from about 34-36nm away (range is a bit lower because of the mountains).

If you or anyone else would like to test it a client, just name the time.

Edit: Although, I never tried to host, so I don't know if it is possible from me computer.

Tell you what... if you can put a FM beacon on FARP HOPE and on the crash site and make it work in multiplayer after you test it with other clients, we'll use it once you send me your modified version of my mission. Deal?

I too have never hosted a game online and so not too sure how to. I am GMT +1 and can only get online once I have put my son to bed so 2100hrs onwards. That'll be 2300 your time, is that too late?

I will put the mission up from 1900 til 2130 UTC.

Server name: ****Body Farm Beacon Test****

Pass: body

Frequencies are: (and also in the briefing)

1. FARP_HOPE: 50MHz (Britney Spears song:music_whistling:)

2. Crash site: 66MHz (Beacon sound)

Hope it is possible for me to host and you will see the server.

I have attached the modified mission if someone want to test it.

Tell you what... if you can put a FM beacon on FARP HOPE and on the crash site and make it work in multiplayer after you test it with other clients, we'll use it once you send me your modified version of my mission. Deal?

If we can make it work tonight, it's a deal. (Although, I doubt I can teach you anything about the mission editor, I'm sure you know how to place them).

MP_AIRMOBILE_AIR_ASSAULT_MISSION2_BEACON.miz

Edited by Body Farm

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Frequencies are: (and also in the briefing)

1. FARP_HOPE: 50MHz (Britney Spears song:music_whistling:)

2. Crash site: 66MHz (Beacon sound)

If you could kindly make the frequencies one of the following, us folks in the Mi-8 will be able to make use of the beacons too!

presets = {}
presets[1] = 21500000.0 -- frequency in Hz
presets[2] = 25675000.0 -- radio Mayak
presets[3] = 27000000.0
presets[4] = 28000000.0
presets[5] = 30000000.0
presets[6] = 32000000.0 
presets[7] = 40000000.0
presets[8] = 50000000.0
presets[9] = 55525000.0
presets[10] = 59975000.0

Put the decimal point two places from the leftmost digit to convert to MHz (for example preset 1 is 21.5 MHz).

Are we using the ATAG TS3 channel the Chuck has detailed in his first post?

If you could kindly make the frequencies one of the following, us folks in the Mi-8 will be able to make use of the beacons too!

presets = {}
presets[1] = 21500000.0 -- frequency in Hz
presets[2] = 25675000.0 -- radio Mayak
presets[3] = 27000000.0
presets[4] = 28000000.0
presets[5] = 30000000.0
presets[6] = 32000000.0 
presets[7] = 40000000.0
presets[8] = 50000000.0
presets[9] = 55525000.0
presets[10] = 59975000.0

Put the decimal point two places from the leftmost digit to convert to MHz (for example preset 1 is 21.5 MHz).

Good point, I will.

P.S.

I love the MI-8 but way something so easily done in the Huey (like tuning to FM beacon) is so complicated in the Mi-8...

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

P.S.

I love the MI-8 but way something so easily done in the Huey (like tuning to FM beacon) is so complicated in the Mi-8...

Because Soviet Russia!

It's not really that complicated, but it does suck that you can only use presets instead of being able to tune the radio to any frequency.

Also, we're going to be using the latest version of DCS right?

You can easily use the Ark-9 and the AN/ARN-83 ADF and instead of broadcasting in the FM make your own NDB. 420 kHz for instance

Just trying it now, may not be quite as straightforward. I forget how I did it in the past

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can easily use the Ark-9 and the AN/ARN-83 ADF and instead of broadcasting in the FM make your own NDB. 420 kHz for instance

Just trying it now, may not be quite as straightforward. I forget how I did it in the past

Right, that one can be tuned. I was referring to the R-828, which is (as far as I know) the only radio that can receive the FM signals that Body Farm placed on the map.

And on that note, I just tested the beacon map and I can confirm that the (highly annoying) Britney Spears song can be picked up and homed in on via R-828 preset 8. I was somewhat low over the mountain tops and first got the signal at approx 15nm. That was in single player though. We'll see if it still works during multiplayer.