Airmobile Event #2 - Night Stalkers: Fall of Hercules

Charly_Owl

Right, that one can be tuned. I was referring to the R-828, which is (as far as I know) the only radio that can receive the FM signals that Body Farm placed on the map.

And on that note, I just tested the beacon map and I can confirm that the (highly annoying) Britney Spears song can be picked up and homed in on via R-828 preset 8. I was somewhat low over the mountain tops and first got the signal at approx 15nm. That was in single player though. We'll see if it still works during multiplayer.

Stick this on your dash to complete the magic;)

Britney%252BSpears%252Bpics%252Bimages%252Bphotos%252Bsongs%252Bpictures+%25287%2529.jpg

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, that one can be tuned. I was referring to the R-828, which is (as far as I know) the only radio that can receive the FM signals that Body Farm placed on the map.

And on that note, I just tested the beacon map and I can confirm that the (highly annoying) Britney Spears song can be picked up and homed in on via R-828 preset 8. I was somewhat low over the mountain tops and first got the signal at approx 15nm. That was in single player though. We'll see if it still works during multiplayer.

A soldier broadcasting with a FM beacon seem to me more realistic then placing NDB in the crash site (or I might be wrong).

Yes, for some reason I also got the Britney signal very late compere to the Huey (36nm vs 15nm).

P.S.

The Britney beacon was supposed to go with the second beacon being a Death Metal beacon, but it didn't came out good, so I left the Spears...:cry: (good thing there is a volume knob).

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Stick this on your dash to complete the magic;)

:doh: I will politely decline.

Body Farm, did you take into account the stuff from the other thread I posted? According to a different thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126130 :

If you want a radio beacon sound in MP you have to reinitialize the transmitted message that generates the sound for a joining client. Not something BST can solve that is something you have to take into account in your script.

Its fairly straightforward I can talk u through it if neccessary:)

Your right about the realism element too just thought for ease an NDB would work better

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tell you what... if you can put a FM beacon on FARP HOPE and on the crash site and make it work in multiplayer after you test it with other clients, we'll use it once you send me your modified version of my mission. Deal?

Well, as I feared only the host can receive the FM signal (audio and directional), so off with that idea for now, unless someone knows a trick.

Plus, it seems the NVG lights don't work as well.

Thank you Jacks & Cibit

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Well, as I feared only the host can receive the FM signal (audio and directional), so off with that idea for now, unless someone knows a trick.

Plus, it seems the NVG lights don't work as well.

Thank you Jacks & Cibit

Was that after adding a script to reinitialize the unit? :(

Any luck setting up an NDB using Cibit's mod?

Wow, I have a lot more practice to do. Keep hitting VRS in the Mi-8 in the dark. My brain is focusing on the ship, when I should probably be focusing on the VVI and watching the ship out of the corner of my vision.

It also helps if you don't approach from a high altitude. It's a little easier to not descend too quickly that way. You also have to go very slow and easy since the Mi-8 engines take a while to spool up to full power after decelerating.

To avoid VRS I'd recommend not letting the VVI drop much below 2 m/s. If it hits 5 m/s and you don't have about 50 km/h airspeed you're going to have a bad day.

It also helps if you don't approach from a high altitude. It's a little easier to not descend too quickly that way. You also have to go very slow and easy since the Mi-8 engines take a while to spool up to full power after decelerating.

To avoid VRS I'd recommend not letting the VVI drop much below 2 m/s. If it hits 5 m/s and you don't have about 50 km/h airspeed you're going to have a bad day.

practicing...

Since it looks like radio beacons aren't going to work in multiplayer, I've done some research and some measuring. The following information will come in handy for the Mi-8 pilots.

Mission Airfields:

• Batumi
    • Tower: 131.0 MHz
    • NDB: 430 kHz

[*]Kutaisi

• Tower: 134.0 MHz
    • VOR: 477 kHz

[*]FARP Hope (callsign London)

• Tower (?): 127.5

For the Doppler Nav System:

• Batumi to FARP
    • 73.3 km
    • 91 degrees

[*]FARP to Crash Site

• 49.5 km
    • 29 degrees

[*]Crash Site to Kutaisi

• 52.2 km
    • 312 degrees

Nearby Airfields:

• Kobuleti
    • Tower: 133.0 MHz
    • Inner Marker: 490 kHz
    • Outer Marker: 870 kHz

[*]Senaki

• Tower: 132.0 MHz
    • Inner Marker: 129 kHz
    • Outer Marker 156 kHz

I would recommend approaching low and slow from the 7 o'clock position in the Huey and 5 o'clock position in the Mi-8. This will maximise your visibility and help you maintain a reference point. Maintain this position until you are about to land and passed through the translational lift phase and move slowly sideways and forwards (still facing forward) and land. Avoid pitching the nose to high in the flare so the tail does strike the railings.

This technique works for me and once established on a final approach, I turn the NVGs as the ship gives off sufficient light.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Wow, I have a lot more practice to do. Keep hitting VRS in the Mi-8 in the dark. My brain is focusing on the ship, when I should probably be focusing on the VVI and watching the ship out of the corner of my vision.

Are you using the mechanical VVI or the one on the low speed and hover doppler instrument? Because the mechanical one willl tell you fairy tales about your vertical speed while the doppler one is perfectly accurate.

Are you using the mechanical VVI or the one on the low speed and hover doppler instrument? Because the mechanical one willl tell you fairy tales about your vertical speed while the doppler one is perfectly accurate.

I'm using the doppler one now that I found the 5V instrument brightness knob.

Chuck , I Need a UH-1 for Stubby if any are left.

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII