Airmobile Event #2 - Night Stalkers: Fall of Hercules

Charly_Owl

The only issue that troubles me, is if I lose connection to the server (which happened once on the last event) and since we are not in a confined space (like the last event), re-spawning and rejoining could be an issue.

By no mean this is complain, just thinking out load as I'm suffering some internet mishaps the last two days...:(

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A FEW LAST MINUTE REMINDERS

1) Be on time! (event time mentioned at beginning of thread)

2) Listen to your flight lead. If you're here to fly by your lone self, you will most likely be a liability more than anything.

3) Flight leads will have a short briefing at event start time. We will decide who does what and how we do it.

4) Keep your comms to a strict minimum: there will most likely be 30+ people joining the event. If you want to chat about your week-end, do it afterwards.

5) Be nice, be courteous... we're all on the same team here.

6) The mission will be difficult but by no means impossible. We will need teamwork to get through it. It is designed this way.

7) Cooperation between gunships and slicks will be essential. Gunships can't secure the crash site by themselves, and neither the slicks.

8) Ka-50 pilots: you will be spearheading the whole effort to secure the crash site. We need to know where you are and what you're doing at all times.

9) Landing on ships will be difficult. Use your radar altimeter or doppler altimeter: it'll help. If landing on frigates is too difficult for you (and it's perfectly ok!), you can still land on the Carl Vinson carrier right next to it and pick up troops from here.

10) Whisper lists: flight leads will have whisper lists set to every flight channel. If a flight lead presses his whisper button, everyone in the whole op should be able to hear him. This measure might be a bit overkill, but it will make the leads' tasks easier since they won't have the additional workload to relay the information from Command to every member of the flight. This means they can concentrate on flying instead.

11) The MEDEVACS from PEDRO will pick up the medical teams at FARP HOPE, not the Ultimate flights. Therefore, we want to keep them alive at all costs.

12) COMMS: when you want to communicate to another flight, name your callsign first (so we know who's talking) followed by the callsign you are speaking to. This will make communications much easier: I don't know everyone here and I don't expect everyone to know me. Using callsigns will be simpler and more effective.

Example:

"Rectifier Two, this is Ultimate One."

"Go ahead Ultimate One."

"We need fire support on this small village on your low three o' clock."

"Wilco, Ultimate One. Rectifier is guns hot. Out."

And that's it! I hope we can get through this together!

Some additional tips for formation flying:

229th formation flying session:

UH-1 flight school training video:

Edited by Charly_Owl

I didn't catch this event until now. Is there room for a late sign-up for the final Mi-8 slot (or the Ka-50 slot that RightStuff had to leave in the post below, if that's more important)?

In-game name: Galahad

Edited by P5138
Added name in DCS. Added another clause

Gents, because of R/L issues I'll be not showing up this evening. :(

Sry about this late information, but sometimes things happen not as planned...

So my Ka-50 seat is free to be entered.

Have fun & good luck to everyone!

I'm looking forward for round three. :D

• ED Team
12) COMMS: when you want to communicate to another flight, name your callsign first (so we know who's talking) followed by the callsign you are speaking to.

Example:

"Rectifier Two, this is Ultimate One."

Just to clarify something, since communication can always break down easily, the above statement contradicts the example below it. The example is correct. You say who you're calling, followed by who you are ("Hey you, this is me").

If someone uses brevity to the point of saying just: "Rectifier Two, Ultimate One." then knowing who the sender vs who the receiver is can get confusing if everyone isn't on the same page.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Just to clarify something, since communication can always break down easily, the above statement contradicts the example below it. The example is correct. You say who you're calling, followed by who you are ("Hey you, this is me").

If someone uses brevity to the point of saying just: "Rectifier Two, Ultimate One." then knowing who the sender vs who the receiver is can get confusing if everyone isn't on the same page.

Agreed, everyone should take the time to say "this is (callsign)" whenever they want to say something relevant

• ED Team

This week a friend and I have been practicing landing in precise and tight LZ's in our MOUT village for today's mission :joystick:

Screen_150821_214401_zpsezhigmjt.jpg

Screen_150821_214407_zps1nhddoyr.jpg

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I don't know if it was discussed but will the F10 Map GPS like icon be removed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Well Raptor looks like you just got promoted to UGLY ONE.

Still one Huey Medevac and one Ka-50 slots remaining.

As those slots just opened up, might I transfer to either one of the other helos (from the Mi8 ) if no one else takes them? I definitely am more confident in the Huey than I am in the Hip

I don't know if it was discussed but will the F10 Map GPS like icon be removed?

No. Implementing proper navigation beacons for the two legs proved to be problematic due to known issues in multiplayer. When I can find a reliable, noob-proof way of implementing nav beacons we'll use those to navigate. But in the mean time we'll use what works as a temporary measure. Personally, I don't use F10 map but I don't want to deprive those who feel less comfortable to fly without it. F10 will not display enemy forces though.

@P5138 Done, you'll be in Jacks' flight with the MEDEVACS.

Thanks! Whoops! I forgot to put in that my in game name is "Galahad". It would be a challenge to fly in both the Mi8 and UH1 at once.

No broadcasting Frankie Valli to the sick and injured now;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think i just got accidentally banned from the ts... some trolls were in and you mighta clicked me by accident

nvm, "too many complaints" whatever happened there...

I also got banned, as did everyone else in our channel.