Mission Editor Upgrade?

aus3620

Hello ME'ers,

I have just been "dipping my toes" into the murky waters of the Mission Editor. Hope to build a Campaign if I can get into it. Everything has been relatively straight forward and, of course, the power of the ME is in the detail.

Given the range of modules and eras that are covered by DCS, the ME appears to be somewhat "dated". Wondering if there has been any news/plans on updating the ME and objects so it is also relevant to other than modern era, ie WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc.

Are there any "avoid" issues re scenarios designed for MP?

Thx for your advice,

The types of objects available isn't really an issue of the mission editor, its more of a overall game issue. That said any era specific enhancements related to mission design like working FLAK or means to filter objects down to certain eras is certainly an area that needs to be enhanced.

As for "avoid" issues it really depends on what you are trying to do. Take the overall specs of your computer into account if performance starts to dip and try to get an idea of where your system is compared to others because anyone worse off will have much worse performance. Aside for that I can't think of much else.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum