How to host a game?

SuperKungFu

I'm trying to host a private server between a friend and I so I can teach him the basics. It's strange, both of us can join up on a server (he's running on the steam version) and I'm running on the "regular" version. I even followed the steps listed in this video:

but when I host a map he can never connect with the IP address. the map does have the planes set to clients but still can't connect, any suggestions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

try to set the server as public and check if you can see each other (set a password anyway).

do you have an IPv4 or does your internet provider only provide an IPv6 to you? i for example only get an IPv6, and i cannot host because of that, took me a while to find out....

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

How do I find out if the Internet provider only IPv6 or IPv4?

Also just want to make sure it's ok for someone running on steam version to join up on my regular version right?

easiest way, phone your provider and ask :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett