DCS World/A10C installation problem

JCK

I've trawled the forum to see if anyone has a similar problem with no success.

Forgive me for being a bit of a dinosaur, but I could be wrestling with the difference between XP and recently upgraded 8.1

I've purchased/downloaded A10C and downloaded DCS World. Got both folders in the 'downloads' but can't progress beyond this. Help please!!

JCK

i7-4790, 16GB DDR3, 6GB EVGA GTX1060 SC, Oculus CV1, Track IR 5, BenQ XL2720X, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Microsoft Windows® 8.1 -

Hopefully you have downloaded all 6 bin files as well as the exe file for DCS World to a single folder. If so then click on the exe file to install DCS World. When DCS World has been installed you will have 2 icons on the desktop. Open DCS World with the white icon and then select module manager to install the A-10C.

Edited by Blooze

I've trawled the forum to see if anyone has a similar problem with no success.

Forgive me for being a bit of a dinosaur, but I could be wrestling with the difference between XP and recently upgraded 8.1

I've purchased/downloaded A10C and downloaded DCS World. Got both folders in the 'downloads' but can't progress beyond this. Help please!!

JCK

Unless U update that machine of yours soon U will be wrestling with DCS.

Did you see and prepare the PC for DCSs' system requirements?

Although XP was in the era of the Quad core chips I would hope your running at least 2.7 Mhz. processor? and 8 Gigs or more of Ram? The Video card must not be from that era, as it will not run this Sim. with any eye candy.

It is odd (in a good way) that you have decided to join the fray Sir. I would assume a life event allows your attentions to be moored now?

Edited by AtaliaA1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Also, the sim is 64bit specific...

as always, and should anyone choose to accept - to help alleviate problems quickly and efficiently, we need you to list your complete System Specs and Operating System.

A lot of different people here are all happy to help, but we need to know what we're dealing with

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"