Deployment campaign - mission #10 Taberga

erjdriver

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2022 at 11:10 PM, Flappie said:

What is the problem? Do you get shot down? Are you lost? Does a script get stuck at some point?

Please attach a track.

The problem with the mission, is that at some point when there was an update to DCS, trees were added where they shouldn't be. So it's pretty impossible to get all targets. It was sort of the same in one of the UN campaign missions for the Huey. You're supposed to find a helicopter, and land next to it. First it was hard to find, and impossible to land, but they fixed that mission by removing the "offending" trees. 

OK... But it's not very nice from ED not to update their own missions, as KA50 is one of the major aircraft available in DCS. I've been told about creating a zone, with a trigger, and apply a "destry scenery" thing to get rid of the trees, but :

- The mission files are not modifyable

- I don't know what desctruction level I should use

• Like 1

20 hours ago, alboon2000 said:

OK... But it's not very nice from ED not to update their own missions, as KA50 is one of the major aircraft available in DCS. I've been told about creating a zone, with a trigger, and apply a "destry scenery" thing to get rid of the trees, but :

- The mission files are not modifyable

- I don't know what desctruction level I should use

Corrections already done for all missions in the campaign, the tree removal function is a hit and miss affair, works sometimes and not others, missions may have newer introduced errors due to later patches to DCSW after work and testing was completed.

Deployment Campaign corrected for DCSW 2.5 and later

Regards, Ian.,

• Thanks 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Well yes I understand perfectly, but : I started to play DCS only a few years ago with M2000. So at first, modules are not quite finished but still campaigns are available. With KA50 I was sure to get a finished module, but this time the built in campaign is broken. That's not very nice...

Anyway : I don't want to skip a mission so I'll try to get rid of the trees in the ME, with files that are available and not encrypted, eventhough they might be older than the official ones.

53 minutes ago, alboon2000 said:

I'll try to get rid of the trees in the ME, with files that are available and not encrypted

The free Campaigns included with some of the aircraft Modules are never encrypted, only the payware Campaigns are.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, alboon2000 said:

That's weird : if I modify the mission file and can't save it...

Maybe you have DCS installed on its default folder, within C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics

That is a path protected by Windows, so it is read-only to programs being run in normal user mode. To be able to modify them, run DCS in Administrator Mode, like this:

admin mode.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh yes thank you, that was it 🙂

After removing the trees (otherwise it IMPOSSIBLE) I succeeded. But I think some triggers still are problematic, as the friendly vehicles don't always start to move. I killed 30 of the 33 targets (my wingman : 3)

Edited by alboon2000