Hawker Hunter plane has crashed during an airshow in Shoreham-By Sea, West Sussex

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

http://news.sky.com/story/1540055/plane-crashes-at-shoreham-airshow

another airshow crash, really bad year for it :( hope all is ok

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

http://news.sky.com/story/1540055/plane-crashes-at-shoreham-airshow

another airshow crash, really bad year for it :( hope all is ok

If it was a mechanical issue, then the question needs to be asked, the thing is these older jets are exactly that, old, and things don't last for ever, no matter how much you maintain them, and aerobatic air display flying does put a lot of strain on an airframe, and the onboard systems, so maybe it would be better that if they're going to be flown that they're limited to only certain low g manuvoures.

Look at the Vulcan for an example, it's no longer flying after this year, and that would not have had the life of stress that a fighter would have had, the BBMF aircraft are flown with respect given to their age, they don't fly them over half throttle to preserve their engines for example.

Yes it's cool to see old jets flying, but you've got to be realistic, they should be flown like OLD jets, the fact that there have been so many crashes so recently begs the question is airframe/systems age becoming an issue?

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I was there and it was reported that he survived, but that was later retracted. Saw lots of air ambulances. Does anyone know if he did? I assume not. Sad day

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I saw the footage from a distant cellphone where the loop entry looked fast and the climb looked fast up to the point where the zoom precludes speed indicators. Coming back down, it looked like the pilot was trying to do a barrel roll to "hurry" the loop up. I suspect it was then he realized his altitude was insufficient to finish the loop. He definitely was nose high quite a bit of time just before and as he hit, but I don't think he was in a stall. Or, at least, not much of one. I suspect it was (1) too low altitude at the entry of the loop or (2) loss of power close to the top of the climb.

My condolences to the people at Shoreham.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

That's horrible. Very sad.

I didn't think it was that bad at first when I saw this BBC article.

4Zq3mnS.png

Even by bad aviation reporting standards, this has to be one of the worst.

In an effort to be one of the 1st reports, they have used a totally unrelated library picture of a small prop aircraft and reported the pilot as recovering in hospital, when he'd actually died.

Appalling.

• Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

I've just got back now from the show. It looks like the BBC got confused between this and another light aircraft crash on the Isle Of Wight. Over the Tannoy they didn't announce anything other than an incident, I only heard he survived from another crowd member who was on the BBC news site.

Still in a bit of shock really. Very sad day.

The pilot is now reported by the BBC as being in the RSC hospital in a critical condition.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Im shocked the plane hit dead center in the highway with so much country side around it. That loop looked like a huge pilot mess up.

Feel very sorry for everyone involved. Fast recover for the injured.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Its not a good weekend for airshows

2 planes collide at Swiss airshow, at least 1 killed

Two planes have collided at an airshow in Dittingen in Switzerland’s Basel canton. Swiss police said one of the pilots was killed in the incident. The second one was reported to have ejected and parachuted to safety.

The incident happened during a formation aerobatics demonstration, local media said. One of the planes struck the other from above.

[..]

Source

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

pictures seem to show the Hunter had it's flaps down the entire way through the loop.

That does not surprise me. If not deployed just before the top, certainly when he saw that he was going to need them starting down the loop. Flip the little switch and hope for the best...

All of the sympathies and sophistications of humankind are helpless against the laws of physics.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

but the flaps were deployed from the beginning of the loop, that is the point, even in the case of a problem developing it's a bad idea to go flipping flap levers in the middle of a manoeuvre , you need to get the machine to a normal attitude and under control first.