Where do You purchase your Magnetic Switches?

Tekkx

• 1 month later...

In for a penny ... if I am going to do my F18 cockpit, I am going to do it right. I've set dad the task of learning French and building me some prototypes based on the previous post.

Now the question is ... does anyone know how many MHS are in the F/A-18C, and their mode of operation?

The seven I have identified so far are:

APU: Two position, with a signal to return it to the "OFF" position. Switch can be manually moved to OFF.

ENG CRANK: Three position, with a signal to return it to centre the "OFF" position. Switch can be manually moved to OFF.

LTD/R: Two position, can only be moved to the ARM position if a host of conditions are met, otherwise springs back to SAFE.

GND PWR 1, 2, 3, 4: 3 position, can be manually moved from centre position to the A ON or B ON positions. Will snap back to centre position when ground power is removed or engine power is applied.

These will work fine with the solution above, the only issue I'd see is if there is a switch like the A-10 EAC where the magnet stops you from manually moving the switch out of the held position.

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 1 year later...

Hey Andrew - did you have any luck learning French and building one of these? It looks like a very elegant solution.

In for a penny ... if I am going to do my F18 cockpit, I am going to do it right. I've set dad the task of learning French and building me some prototypes based on the previous post.

Now the question is ... does anyone know how many MHS are in the F/A-18C, and their mode of operation?

The seven I have identified so far are:

APU: Two position, with a signal to return it to the "OFF" position. Switch can be manually moved to OFF.

ENG CRANK: Three position, with a signal to return it to centre the "OFF" position. Switch can be manually moved to OFF.

LTD/R: Two position, can only be moved to the ARM position if a host of conditions are met, otherwise springs back to SAFE.

GND PWR 1, 2, 3, 4: 3 position, can be manually moved from centre position to the A ON or B ON positions. Will snap back to centre position when ground power is removed or engine power is applied.

These will work fine with the solution above, the only issue I'd see is if there is a switch like the A-10 EAC where the magnet stops you from manually moving the switch out of the held position.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
13 hours ago, agrasyuk said:

awesome! 

@romeokilo as I said on your YT, it would be awesome to have you update your build thread here.

good luck!

My build thread has been mostly retired, because all the photos were lost in the great photobucket disaster a few years ago.

Everything is now over on my website www.thewarthogproject.com if you are keen to still see it progressing. I add pages on there whenever a major change happens.

I still snoop here now and then though! Cheers lads!