Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign

gregzagk

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Yesterday , someone told me that we could striker runway of airfield. Are this true?

Thank you :)

Yes it's allowed. You have to note though that the mission restarts every 3 hours so the runways won't have any damage after a restart.

So it depends on the pilots to decide if a runway strike fits to their strategy :)

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign

There won't be any others like choppers or fighters . This is done to promote tactics and to ensure that there won't be fighters extremely near enemy airbases etc.

Hi Greg,

thanks for making these things more clear.

ACK to not placing fighters(!) too near to the FEBA.

But maybe you can think about adding some slots for choppers to the captured base?

I'm not going to whine, but currently choppers have a minimum flight time of 20' to reach a cleared base to bring in troops. The more the campaign advances (either side) I assume a flight time of 30-50' (or more) for the choppers to shuttle the grunts to their target. Not really a job for those who only fly choppers and have a limited time for flying online.

Will a change of mind concerning this matter maybe possible? ;)

There won't be any others like choppers or fighters . This is done to promote tactics and to ensure that there won't be fighters extremely near enemy airbases etc.

Greg

I'm convinced that the gameplay will stay stuck in the same position for month.

You just can't push 200km without having your fighter base advancing too. It's not even DCS related, that's pure strategy math that worth in any strategy situation. It the simple equation - attrition rate vs availability rate. Tactics may improve attrition rate but availability rate will not change.

I think it would be nice to have some point defense of airfield in a form of 1/2 cheap fighter slot. That's where all those hawk, mig21, F-86, C-101 could be useful in term of module use and gameplay variety.

But maybe you can think about adding some slots for choppers to the captured base?

I'm not going to whine, but currently choppers have a minimum flight time of 20' to reach a cleared base to bring in troops. The more the campaign advances (either side) I assume a flight time of 30-50' (or more) for the choppers to shuttle the grunts to their target. Not really a job for those who only fly choppers and have a limited time for flying online.

+1 from my experience as a frequent helicopter pilot in this campaign.

Salute!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Hey guys.

The most easy thing to us was and is to add more aircrafts and features. The difficult part is to balance between features and performance breakdown. And the first that performance issues would dissapoint would be all of you that would wait to enter the server.

You may not think that a small addition could add issues but even a specific type of AI or aicraft could cause them if you don't pay attention. So please keep giving us feedback and be sure that we will add more stuff in as the campaign rolls that you will enjoy.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and ideas so far.

Stay tuned.

Greg

• Like 1

MSVCR100.dll is missing!

For some reason i get system error MSVCR100.dll is missing, using Win10 x64

The MSVCR100.DLL file is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package.

1QQjL5l.png

hee6MFD.png

However, the copyright on this file is owned by Microsoft, so it is illegal for me to bundle the file in my application.

Since your Win10 is kinda new, I assume you have not installed it or, it hasn't been installed by some other means without you noticing. That's why most people don't get this error.

Relevant thread on microsoft:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-performance/msvcp100dll-missing/9a687c31-0619-4ee9-b511-020985e29b5f?auth=1

32 bit download:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555

64 bit download:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Let me know if it works out.

Thanks!

Edited by Crash_Horror

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://buddyspike.net/

Hey guys.

The most easy thing to us was and is to add more aircrafts and features. The difficult part is to balance between features and performance breakdown. And the first that performance issues would dissapoint would be all of you that would wait to enter the server.

You may not think that a small addition could add issues but even a specific type of AI or aicraft could cause them if you don't pay attention. So please keep giving us feedback and be sure that we will add more stuff in as the campaign rolls that you will enjoy.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and ideas so far.

Stay tuned.

Greg

balance... is a disallowing of the a2g weapons usage on su27 (i understand why).. buuut allowing aim-120c on F-15, but su27 have no analog of this a2a rocket.

also one question, can we use cannon on su27 against blue ground units?????? :D

Hey guys.

Hmm... I think Su-25 will make no change in features and performance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Реальные хотелки к ЛО3 по Су-25 в основном...

ASRock PG9, i-5 9600KF, MSI 2080Ti, 32GB 3466

Hmm... I think Su-25 will make no change in features and performance.

Not the aircraft itself but the airbases slots are limited. Now count how many squadrons join and how many slots we need for lonewolves. They all need fighters, A-10C's , MiG-21s, SU-25Ts for SEAD and of course choppers. Now try to fit SU-25s and A-10As also there :)

Didn't say it won't enter in the near future but it's just needs time to add one by one in.

Not the aircraft itself but the airbases slots are limited. Now count how many squadrons join and how many slots we need for lonewolves. They all need fighters, A-10C's , MiG-21s, SU-25Ts for SEAD and of course choppers. Now try to fit SU-25s and A-10As also there :)

Didn't say it won't enter in the near future but it's just needs time to add one by one in.

Ok, now I understand. I would place them to the nearest to frontline aerodroms. Hope to see Su-25 soon!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Реальные хотелки к ЛО3 по Су-25 в основном...

ASRock PG9, i-5 9600KF, MSI 2080Ti, 32GB 3466

The MSVCR100.DLL file is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package.

1QQjL5l.png

hee6MFD.png

However, the copyright on this file is owned by Microsoft, so it is illegal for me to bundle the file in my application.

Since your Win10 is kinda new, I assume you have not installed it or, it hasn't been installed by some other means without you noticing. That's why most people don't get this error.

Relevant thread on microsoft:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-performance/msvcp100dll-missing/9a687c31-0619-4ee9-b511-020985e29b5f?auth=1

32 bit download:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555

64 bit download:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Let me know if it works out.

Thanks!

Thanks mate, now it works correctly :thumbup:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

balance... is a disallowing of the a2g weapons usage on su27 (i understand why).. buuut allowing aim-120c on F-15, but su27 have no analog of this a2a rocket.

also one question, can we use cannon on su27 against blue ground units?????? :D

Never seen an AIM120 track down a canyon before. EOS and valley running defeats AIM120. If you've not been watching the engagements they have been very very similar all the way through, Reds poulling them into their strength and F-15C's being very, well, traditional.

The only time an AIM120 exceeds an SU27's performance is when it's playing badly.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Greg, I think the campaign is in a certain sweetspot, but I still see non Squadrons having the most effect on the map, which is an uncontrolled factor. When we beat you, and capture Vody (were within ten miles of you a couple of hours agao) I want you to know that we didn;t have overnight help from the US, mkay?!

:D

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Never seen an AIM120 track down a canyon before. EOS and valley running defeats AIM120. If you've not been watching the engagements they have been very very similar all the way through, Reds poulling them into their strength and F-15C's being very, well, traditional.

The only time an AIM120 exceeds an SU27's performance is when it's playing badly.

The problem is not the missile but the pilot using them. ;)

Of course missiles track down canyons its the hill sides which stop them.

Even so F-15 vs Su27 is a fair enough balance, either one only loses with bad pilot performance. I think this has been reflected well in this campaign with high kill ratios on both sides.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

We were a bit unlucky today having 3 crashes from 14:00 zulu to 20:00 zulu but we think we spotted the issues and took measures. Other than that I believe we had another intensive day :)

We took into account your feedback and tested in the backround some additions to the mission that will be available in the next maintenance of the server.

New features / Changes

- Day & Night mission time

As the missions restart every 3 hours they will now change also their times and will eventually lead to some night sessions too.

-Helicopters will also be available as bonus also when you capture an enemy airbase.

In addition to the 2x bombers you get when you capture an enemy airbase you are now going to have also choppers (2x KA-50s, 2x Transport) available to use.

- Air defence in captured city

When you capture an initially enemy city you will get air defence units also when it gets repaired. This will help the sides to keep the cities a bit easier to their side as the enemy will have to SEAD also. (SA-8's , SA-13's & Manpads)

Squadrons which will be assighned in the next maintenance:

Fighting 99th

TAW Squadron

57 Squadron

FF Firmament Fighters

Task Force - Akula (TF-A)

76th TASK FORCE BLACK JACKS

DAY%205_zpsul0tqt8i.jpg

Edited by gregzagk

My luck was a bit hot and cold tonight in the 25T, shot down an F-15 and an A-10 with my last gun rounds, neutralised Sochi which we took then onto Gudauta, had a few units left at Gudauta then got shot down by a friendly, then back in again and it seems a Buk spawned at Gudauta while I'm in a turn flying over it and kills me but may have been a well placed stinger though flares didn't seem to do jack, finally 1 or 2 Abrams away from neutralising it but server crashes.

These stories are probably a dime to the dozen on both sides, fun and frustrating at the same time but always a good fight.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

My luck was a bit hot and cold tonight in the 25T, shot down an F-15 and an A-10 with my last gun rounds, neutralised Sochi which we took then onto Gudauta, had a few units left at Gudauta then got shot down by a friendly, then back in again and it seems a Buk spawned at Gudauta while I'm in a turn flying over it and kills me but may have been a well placed stinger though flares didn't seem to do jack, finally 1 or 2 Abrams away from neutralising it but server crashes.

These stories are probably a dime to the dozen on both sides, fun and frustrating at the same time but always a good fight.

The Buk at Gudauta was my doing.

I turned the radars off and lured you guys in, at the point that I guessed you were in an impossible position I just turn on the radar :)

Was very fun tonight, thanks all for flying!:pilotfly:

The Buk at Gudauta was my doing.

I turned the radars off and lured you guys in, at the point that I guessed you were in an impossible position I just turn on the radar :)

Was very fun tonight, thanks all for flying!:pilotfly:

Ah sneaky, I guess they respawned after I got TKd because i'd already killed them once. It's a hard slog chasing those three bases.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"