Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign

gregzagk

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha... just siffed through the Beslan FARP re-capture in Tacview...

...what happened after, just how lucky can I get?

Like 10 missiles missed me... :lol:

Well done BadHabit, that was a determined hunt... :thumbup:

I evaded your little friends...

dcs_2015_09_01_16_35_14_78.jpgI

But in the end when you see this...

dcs_2015_09_01_16_49_41_78.jpg

And a part of your plane along with the guy that just chopped it off...

dcs_2015_09_01_16_50_45_83.jpg

...you know it's not good... :megalol:

Tacview capture:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

I just got a little bug.

I was blue side and all info messages were for red side.

I got also 2 PAK Status, one doesn't work and one empty.

Yes the pak status radio option is a known issue but should be ok in the next versions of the mission. You just have to select the first one till then.

Can you tell us which unit you were flying when you got wrong messages,?

Thanks for the feedback.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

TAW needs to be blue. There were 36 reds and 6 blues on this lunchtime and we lost sochi, gudauta and they were camping Tiblisi town centre.

On another note...It seems to be the casual unsigned non squadron players all going to Red for a PvP punchup. WHich does distort the balance. Voting for a pw to lose these folk.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Really good work on that one! Works fine on updated Windows 10 :thumbup:

For some reason i get system error MSVCR100.dll is missing, using Win10 x64

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Haha... just siffed through the Beslan FARP re-capture in Tacview...

...what happened after, just how lucky can I get?

Like 10 missiles missed me... :lol:

Well done BadHabit, that was a determined hunt... :thumbup:

Tacview capture:

Wow!!! that is the most amazing MiG-21 flying and SA I have ever seen!

Salute!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Congrats guys on a fantastic 24/7 dynamic mission.

I've tried something along those lines a couple of times in the last few years with not too much success but nothing that compares to the level you have taken this to, it's simply an awesome example of what can be done with DCS.

There was a serious issue with lag that seems to be improving which is great, though I did have a guy lag out of 7 missile shots last night each one just before impact, i'm still not entirely sure that it was related to the server though. This was very frustrating at the time, 2 or 3 missiles I can handle and many guys have over the last few days but 7 i'm hoping is a one off.

Some things i'd like to mention which i'm sure you may have planned or want to implement. When we ran the Crimean Incident campaign in FC1 and the Georgian Incident in FC3 it ran for 3hours every two weeks where pilots would have 1 life to use over two sorties, obviously running 24/7 1 life is not feasible but limits on life reduce the likelihood of kamikaze to achieve objectives.

Also a couple of guys had the taxing job of counting weapon supplies and aircraft numbers, with the resource manager now available is this something that could be incorporated into the mission. I think it would add so much more to the style of play etc.

With this the server would have to be pw to stop the needless waste of resources from random players.

Just some observations which i'm sure your aware of, thanks for hosting such a great campaign.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Regarding what Frostie says, in current state the planes that are lost are also under the 30 minutes rule or only the "AI" assets?

It would be cool to have planes and weapons limited and re-supplied by warehouses.

I'm not sure how much impact in performance it has though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Congrats guys on a fantastic 24/7 dynamic mission.

I've tried something along those lines a couple of times in the last few years with not too much success but nothing that compares to the level you have taken this to, it's simply an awesome example of what can be done with DCS.

There was a serious issue with lag that seems to be improving which is great, though I did have a guy lag out of 7 missile shots last night each one just before impact, i'm still not entirely sure that it was related to the server though. This was very frustrating at the time, 2 or 3 missiles I can handle and many guys have over the last few days but 7 i'm hoping is a one off.

Some things i'd like to mention which i'm sure you may have planned or want to implement. When we ran the Crimean Incident campaign in FC1 and the Georgian Incident in FC3 it ran for 3hours every two weeks where pilots would have 1 life to use over two sorties, obviously running 24/7 1 life is not feasible but limits on life reduce the likelihood of kamikaze to achieve objectives.

Also a couple of guys had the taxing job of counting weapon supplies and aircraft numbers, with the resource manager now available is this something that could be incorporated into the mission. I think it would add so much more to the style of play etc.

With this the server would have to be pw to stop the needless waste of resources from random players.

Just some observations which i'm sure your aware of, thanks for hosting such a great campaign.

Hello Frostie! Thanks for the feedback. What we really like so far is the comments and dedication to the side's main goals of each group and pilot. Keep it up!

Yes we optimised a lot of things since the stress tests and the first feedback from you all to reduce lags and server issues which we hope to improve more.

Now the server seems crashing ~2-3 times per day which I think it's normal due to the amount of people and events handling. Also if a crash occures near a server normal restart then it does not harm too much as it would restart anyway. Mostly we try to avoid crashing during the 3 hours sessions.

As far for the lag there are some things that lag the server for sure such as trying to move groups when +45 people are in etc. Since the announcement to avoid these actions we saw great improvement.

Pilot related issues (I mean lagging themself and not from the server) are mostly there cause of low fps and pc problems in our opinion and not from the pings. You get the same results if your screen freezes and if you have high ping. The other pilots see you warping the same. We reduced some things like smokes etc to help in this issue also.

The less kamikaze missions issue was improved in our previous campaigns by setting warehouses limitations and a feature that helped us a lot was the 0 fuel start. Pilots had to refuel each time (was a little disturbing but helped) so their sorties were reduced and they had to organise their flights more before take off.

The thing is that the normal DCS warehouses editing is possible in missions with not much scripts and units as they increase the mission file. In our first version we had warehouses that if you captured them then they would help you get more assets.

So each side had to plan and work more on resources. But that had a disadvantage in performance. So we had to leave it for now. Maybe 1.5 will improve this.

About the passworded server it's a bit complicated as from our experience ( mostly in other sims) in order to have a good number of players in all the time during the day and night you shall have a number of +200 players registered.

Some squadrons may have large number of players but may be available mostly during the weekend etc. By having the server free we can have more competition in and we have the reserved slots which solves this issue.

Regarding the timezones we have an interesting thing in which the red side is greater in numbers at ~10:00 to 18:00 zulu time and the blue side greater at ~00:00 till 06:00 zulu.

It balances in the between. So both sides have their chances to act aggressively and defend on different phases.

We will keep you all informed about next moves etc.

Night missions are for now in (2x sessions each campaign day) so this can make things more spicy :)

Regarding what Frostie says, in current state the planes that are lost are also under the 30 minutes rule or only the "AI" assets?

Hey, when an airbase is captured then you can use it's aircraft when it's repaired so yes ;)

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign

when an airbase is captured then you can use it's aircraft when it's repaired so yes ;)

Hi Greg,

a question concerning available slots at a captured airbase:

I remember that ( after the first capture of Sotchi by red forces), there were not all types of aircraft available to start from there.

So I assume, first a (for example) Ka-50 has to land successfully there to have those slots available for starting future Ka-50 missions from that airbase?

Hi Greg,

a question concerning available slots at a captured airbase:

I remember that ( after the first capture of Sotchi by red forces), there were not all types of aircraft available to start from there.

So I assume, first a (for example) Ka-50 has to land successfully there to have those slots available for starting future Ka-50 missions from that airbase?

Hello. No mate it works with another way.

You can see in the map inside the pdf or inside the mission briefing which shows the initial status of the airbases (I mean day 1 e.g. Sochi Blue etc) . Then near it's airbase you can see icons of the aircraft you gain when you capture it as a bonus. (e.g. 2x SU-25T's or 2x A-10C's)

So how it basically works is this.

All aircraft types are available in the initially red and blue airbases. If the red coalition captures a blue airbase then they get only 2x aircraft as bonus to operate from there.

There won't be any others like choppers or fighters . This is done to promote tactics and to ensure that there won't be fighters extremely near enemy airbases etc.

Greg