Changing static objects into fortifications

I would like to convert a static object (ISO containers which are stored within structures in ME) into a unit assigned to a country (I want to place it the fortification section).

The reason for doing this is that static objects such as common structures cannot be grouped and added to templates whereas fortications can.

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Try changing the name of the .edm file you want to add to konteiner1.edm (or something similar), so when you place that container into the game it shows up as whatever you changed it to, that is how I did my huge buildings mod, I changed just about everything.

No idea if that will work with a template, try it, it might.

I tried this last night but to no avail. Firstly I cannot find the white container edm file.

Plus what do I need to do with the script and collision script?

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

konteiner_white.edm

It's in bazar/terrain/structures/High/EDM

Then find db_units_ground.lua.

That is in Scripts/Database

You can change this line to whatever you want, put your new name where I show it:

fortification( "Container white", _("Your new item name"), "konteiner_white", 100);

Can't help you with the last bit, no idea how you do that, sorry.

Eddie, thanks for the help but it didn't seem to achieve what I was after. I am hoping to move the white and brown containers so I can insert them into the mission editor using add ground unit instead of add structure so I can then add them to a template.

• 2 months later...