AN/APG-30 Fails to lock occasionally.

Hi.

I get this bug online and off line too. Example:- I close on a target (Mig) thats within the radar sweep range, the radar fails to detect the target, radar red light stays off. I close on the target, still radar wont detect target. I hit min range for radar, the radar wakes up and the red light comes on for a split second and then the light goes off and radar looses lock on the target as i am now below the min range. So i break off and reposition for another attack and the radar works perfectly at any range within the sweep range of the radar. This happens to me on about 25% of the targets i engage. Its like the radar cant see certain planes until min range, then it wakes up and all is fine.

To test this i built a simple mission ( icons on for checking the range) with 4 blue Migs flying straight and level line abreast at 15000ft, I start a Mile or so behind in a blue F86, I close on the Migs to within the sweep range of the radar, I place the piper over the first target and the radar locks and the red light comes on. I move to the next Mig and so on, but there is always one Mig that the radar wont lock on till min range, and if i run the mission over its not always the same Mig. Its as though there is one Mig the radar cant or wont see till min range, then if i break away and come back the radar will lock it no problem from any range within the radar sweep, but it has to see it once at min range for it to become visable to the radar.

I've tried different angles of approach, setting the sweep knob at different positions, pressing the target selector switch, rotating the sweep knob all the way to min/off then back up again, turning the radar and guns off and on (center console), but still get the same results, for some reason the radar occasionally wont see a certain plane till it hits min range at least once.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Its also quite annoying to have the radar loose lock just as your about to press the trigger, seems to be about 600ft, but some documents state 450ft and others 600ft so i'm not sure which is correct.

I've read posts on this forum where people are saying they place the piper on target, track for 1-2 sec and fire and hit, I always find i have to give a slight lead to the target otherwise the shots just pass behind his tail. i tested this with a friend online and he flew a constant turn and i sat behind him 1000-1500ft perfect tracking, my piper sat on his plane for several seconds but the bullets always passed just behind his tail, but if i place his nose just on the diamonds, the piper out in front of him, hits every time. Again not a complaint just an observation from me.

I really enjoy flying the F86 but the guns/ammo and sight needs a little love from the dev's.

S!! Hub.