Chuck's Ka-50 Black Shark Guide

Charly_Owl

...and another great work. Thanks Charly!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Fantastic!

Thx Charly!

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Thanks. Great job as always.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• ED Team

Very concise summary of important things to know and keep in mind. Definitely less intimidating for newcomers than reading the whole manual.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

So is this the secondary one? The first guide I remembered it's...

Chuck's Tutorial Library

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Nicely done! I really appreciate it :thumbup:

Just one little mistake I spotted: On page 62 in the HMS part you forgot to finish a sentence: "The HMS allows the SHKVAL to track where your helmet is facing. This is useful if you". ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nicely done! I really appreciate it :thumbup:

Just one little mistake I spotted: On page 62 in the HMS part you forgot to finish a sentence: "The HMS allows the SHKVAL to track where your helmet is facing. This is useful if you". ;)

So in other words... it's not useful at all! :D

I'm gradually implementing small corrections so keep in mind it's all WIP. If you find any other mistakes, typos or suggestions feel free to send them to me via PM or in this thread. I'll gladly incorporated corrections.

Salut Charly,

I do not own the KA-50 yet (it's planned), but your guide is top notch as usual :thumbup:

I wish I could add to your reputation on this one but the forum system says I do not have enough credit to do so.

EDIT : to moderators : please make this post sticky.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Awesome, thanks so much Chuck! I have been debating what to spend my time flying in this upcoming off season for me, and already owning BS2 and seeing this excellent guide has convinced me this needs to be at least one of them.

Love how you have layed out controls for the Warthog as well, I am going to need to set up a profile for mine as I did not own the Warthog the last time I was flying the sim, and this will help immensely in where I put things!

Many thanks, I will be putting this guide to good use!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...

excellent work as always - thanks for your time and effort:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

• 4 weeks later...

Good work. Recently started to fly the Blackshark after about a 5 year absence and still getting the attack runs down. Nothing like going along killing everything in sight when a Manpad behind a building or that SAM site you didn't see ends your fun. Hopefully they get 1.5 stable with the single players because at the moment ... it crashes too often.

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome, thanks so much Chuck! I have been debating what to spend my time flying in this upcoming off season for me, and already owning BS2 and seeing this excellent guide has convinced me this needs to be at least one of them.

Glad it was of some help. BS2 being one of the older modules, it is great that there is good single player content available for it already.

The Georgian Oil War campaigns and Operation Medvedev II are quite enjoyable in my experience.

The Georgian Oil War campaigns and Operation Medvedev II are quite enjoyable in my experience.

Once I get to where I feel I can handle flying a campaign, I will certainly give those a try.

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Once I get to where I feel I can handle flying a campaign, I will certainly give those a try.

Thanks,

Try this one mate you won't be dissapointed. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114267

@Chuck, hi, I would love to have your guides in Kneeboard, is it possible to do to keep the format so its readable?

Thanks

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try this one mate you won't be dissapointed. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114267

Thanks for the pointer, I will add it to my list of campaigns to try when I get proficient enough to be able to do some campaign flying. Really looking forward to that.

Don B

@Chuck, hi, I would love to have your guides in Kneeboard, is it possible to do to keep the format so its readable?

Thanks

It means I would have to re-write the whole thing... I'm afraid I don't really have the time right now. :(