Avro Lancaster NX611 "Just Jane" Virtual Tour

There are only three Lancasters in the world that are not stationary in a museum:

The BBMF Mk.III PA474, the Canadian Mk.X FM213, and NX611 "Just Jane".

This virtual tour has been created for the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre in East Kirkby. There are three panoramas from the outside, eight of the inside, from the bomb aimer to the rear gunner, and a high resolution panorama of the Memorial Chapel.

Almost all details are labelled, many explained, just move the mouse cursor over an item of interest.

Click here open the virtual tour, and switch to full screen mode!

lancaster-nx611-just-jane-virtual-tour-screenshot-900x600.jpg

If you are interested in future aircraft panoramas, please sign up to my mailing list!

A bit more about the panorama can be found here.

Next to come are a Tiger Moth. If you can think of an aircraft that could benefit from such work, please let me know!

Harald Joergens

Harald Joergens Photography

Interactive Panoramas and Virtual Tours

Nice work.

I had the great pleasure of a taxi run on her last saturday. I cant describe what its like with all four merlins running and her moving under her own power. It comes alive with creaks and groans, hissing of air the smell of fuel and exhaust fumes and the vibration. It really is an awsome experience and one which will stay with me for a very long time. I was very lucky and secured the bomb aimers position for my taxi run. Three of us pulled cards for it and I got the ace!

For anyone thinking of doing a taxi run, dont think......just do it.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Great photography. Always look forward to seeing your next project, thanks for posting it up.

My only criticism is that a few spelling mistakes have crept in on some of the labels.

Example:

Edited by Alicatt

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Great photography. Always look forward to seeing your next project, thanks for posting it up.

My only criticism is that a few spelling mistakes have crept in on some of the labels.

Example:

Would read better as

Alicatt, thank you very much - the corrected version is now online!

Should you find anything else, please let me know. Some things slip through the net, unfortunately!

Harald Joergens

Harald Joergens Photography

Interactive Panoramas and Virtual Tours

Alicatt, thank you very much - the corrected version is now online!

Should you find anything else, please let me know. Some things slip through the net, unfortunately!

There are quite a few sorry to say, I'll work from the tail forward, would you rather me post up here or send them direct to you?

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron