Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

We already know the aircraft. And no, there is no better interceptor being released in the near future :).

It's not official, until it is official.

I too would very much like it if LN would at least come out with it already. Even if it's just a paragraph worth of info on the aircraft we think it is.

It's sad that people here think it is cool to defend these companies who use hype to entice the audience. If the point was to surprise the community with modules not far from release, they completely failed. It's always next month, next month, next month.

Oh right, one of the team members was sick.. too sick to give the announcement he told the community about. :smilewink:

Lets be honest, it doesn't take but 30 minutes to take a snap shot of the two aircraft and write a paragraph on them. We don't need epic montage videos.. We need developers we can trust.

• Like 1

It's always next month, next month, next month.
One of the reasons why I have not visited this section until this evening actually, because of this kind of carrot dangling. Oh well...maybe one day.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I too would very much like it if LN would at least come out with it already. Even if it's just a paragraph worth of info on the aircraft we think it is.

It's sad that people here think it is cool to defend these companies who use hype to entice the audience. If the point was to surprise the community with modules not far from release, they completely failed. It's always next month, next month, next month.

Oh right, one of the team members was sick.. too sick to give the announcement he told the community about. :smilewink:

Lets be honest, it doesn't take but 30 minutes to take a snap shot of the two aircraft and write a paragraph on them. We don't need epic montage videos.. We need developers we can trust.

Well said

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Oh, well that kind of sucks :( I was looking forward to something like the F-4 or F-16, but I guess I won't be buying any of LN's products until the F-14 comes out

+1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

It's sad that people here think it is cool to defend these companies who use hype to entice the audience. If the point was to surprise the community with modules not far from release, they completely failed. It's always next month, next month, next mont.

The F4U and AJS-37 are reasonably official, Cobra more or less confirmed that it was a leak with this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2588175&postcount=2582

That said, I would really like to know more, especially since they are planning new features and theaters. These things can have a huge impact and simply knowing the identity of the aircraft hardly completes the picture. Even a short overview describing their current plans/hopes would be really appreciated. Much like the first post of this thread.

Oh right, one of the team members was sick.. too sick to give the announcement he told the community about.

Let's please keep the personal stuff out of the conversation. Everyone around here assumes that sick means URI/cold...there are much worse things that can happen to any of us, even those in their 20's. Let's not minimize these things and try to use it as leverage. It's cheap.....

-Nick

spilled milk and all that....

it's getting pretty old people whining about not being told when a developer has just took a dump, so that it put something or another's development 10 minutes more behind schedule....

3rd party developers for DCS seem to be, for the most part, doing dcs stuff as side projects, to learn, and/or because they love what they do...

that being the case,harping on them all the time is going to have the opposite effect that you're looking for.

it doesn't really matter that you pay 60$ for a single plane in dcs, the volume of sales in dcs, combined with how many people that 60$ ends up being spread around to, means dcs isn't really a bread winners dream...

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We get it, you're angry, you're not patient and you want the news. The 3 things I just mentioned change nothing from a developer standpoint. It'll be ready when it's ready. Sassing a developer who is/was seriously sick (not just a common cold) just because you're too impatient to keep it shut is incredibly self-centered and self-entitled - you haven't purchased the modules in question and so nothing is owed to you for the time being.

Every single time Cobra gave a timeframe for an announcement, it came with a probably. That means he never guaranteed it. So you should learn to manage your expectations instead of getting all offended on your high horse of self-entitledness..

• Like 1

Exactly. An announcement of an announcement is basically what we had. Then we had the leak. Only the leak was actually newsworthy, everything else was hinted at and indicated on these forums but never formally announced. The reason why should be apparent to even the most entitled of you on here. Delay after delay. (Probably due to things and circumstances that we have no knowledge of) Do you people even realize that if Cobra had stayed quiet, and told us nothing about the two "unannounced" projects, none of this would be of any issue or consequence? (At least until the leak).

So you whiners will most likely get your wish. No more teases, no more little hints and no more informal news on the forums until they have something ready.

*slow clap* well done chaps, well done!

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

So you whiners will most likely get your wish. No more teases, no more little hints and no more informal news on the forums until they have something ready.

*slow clap* well done chaps, well done!

Fine by me. It's better to get whole thing one day then wait small pieces of nothing every mounth.

With all respect to LN team, false promises is always bad thing. It is better not to tell anything about ETA if you not sure you can make it in time

Edited by Plushanubka

Lets be honest, it doesn't take but 30 minutes to take a snap shot of the two aircraft and write a paragraph on them.

Yeah..

No.

I can't quite find the post at present; but I have explained why we won't do this kind of announcement anymore.

I will go into more detail in the December update.

Fine by me. It's better to get whole thing one day then wait small pieces of nothing every mounth.

With all respect to LN team, false promises is always bad thing even if LN doesn't HAVE to do anything for us.

We have not promised anything since missing our date in September.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I only brought up the sickness because I expected one of you to use it as an excuse for the delay. Not to imply that it was a lie.

I, nor anyone here is entitled to anything from these developers prior to payment. But that doesn't mean we can't speak up when developers can not keep their words. Especially when it happens to entice hype for their studio.

Cobra,

I remember your post. I've been watching and waiting for awhile. I know that you want to wait until you have videos, music and pictures on your product when you announce them. I also know that your team has been working hard on the MIG-21 since 1.5 came out. I get it, I'm glad your team ensures their product continues to get support.

However, I disagree with your decision to wait on the announcement that was planned 3 months ago solely for the purpose making it an extravagant reveal. I don't believe the modules will come out any faster for it, but I do think it'll mean you made the best effort to keep your word.

Santi,

Not angry, though you sound upset considering that you used the following phrases "high horse", "incredibly self-centered and self-entitled", "you should learn to manage", "self-entitledness" and made the following assumptions "you're angry, you're not patient", "because you're too impatient to keep it shut", and that I don't know what "maybe" and "probably" mean.(which BTW they used "hope to")

If what they say is not worth believing, why say anything at all..

I will hold my excitement for the December update.

Edited by Beamscanner
  • Like 1

But that doesn't mean we can't speak up when developers can not keep their words. Especially when it happens to entice hype for their studio.

No one at LN gave you their word. Again, every time Cobra talked about making an announcement, it was stated it wasn't a 100% guarantee. Because of that this isn't a failure from Cobra or LN to keep their word, its a failure from you to manage your expectations according to what was stated.

When LN or ED say "maybe" you should take it as a "maybe", not as a guarantee and then complain it didn't happen.

I only brought up the sickness because I expected one of you to use it as an excuse for the delay. Not to imply that it was a lie.

I, nor anyone here is entitled to anything from these developers prior to payment. But that doesn't mean we can't speak up when developers can not keep their words.

I won't complain about your complaints....;)

Though I doubt that it changes things for Leatherneck or the other 3rd parties. But people should be able to say that they don't like something, if they are courteous and reasonable IMHO.

My only objection was your decision to make things personal and talk about health issues. This forum will be a better place if we leave that sort of thing out of the conversation.

-Nick

Really looking forward to the December update! The F-14 is the module I'm most excited for(pretty much given up on the F-18:)). Thanks for keeping us posted Cobra!:D

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Really looking forward to the December update! The F-14 is the module I'm most excited for(pretty much given up on the F-18:)). Thanks for keeping us posted Cobra!:D

Don't give up on the F-18 Bull :).

It's been a good year for DCS and next year will more than likely top it if both the 18 and the 14 get released.

It's xmas eve (in NZ) Cobra, you can have tomorrow off okay :)

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Don't give up on the F-18 Bull :).

It's been a good year for DCS and next year will more than likely top it if both the 18 and the 14 get released.

It's xmas eve (in NZ) Cobra, you can have tomorrow off okay :)

Lol its hard not to...it's pretty much being in virtual development longer than the real jet took to make:D...really hope we see it next year though! Not going to hold my breath though;)

My fear is ED is going to do the F-16 afterwards...which means we won't see that till like 2025 lol. But back on topic...the Tomcat will make me very happy and forget all my other wants in DCS so I'm really excited for that next year...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord