Wingman and bingo fuel

grunf

First time my AI wingman contacted me to say he's on bingo fuel, I told him to RTB, thinking how smart he is, how he takes good care of his plane and keeps an eye on his fuel level. Half a minute later he ejected, presumably because his tanks were dry. That's not bingo fuel, is it?

Since that day I've seen it happen many times, and I'm always wondering how the AI can't calculate how much fuel it needs to came home. The same thing happened today, and I wonder how on earth did he burn all his fuel, considering we left the base with both our Su-27s with exactly the same loadout, and yet at the moment he ejected I had more than half the fuel left.

DCS 1.5 and 2.0 will correct the afterburner use issue that the AI has.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...

It's not just the AB they have issues with, I'm sure their fuel consumption is just higher than the players.

I loaded up a wingman (F-15) with three external tanks, and he used not much more fuel than me, he declared bingo fuel, I still had full internal fuel and I got us both into a perfect kill shot on a pair of Su-30s, on their six about five or so miles trailing, and we still had AMRAAMs and he refused to engage, I'm guessing AI won't do anything once they declare bingo.....