Medium term idea

toni

Hey guys ! What do you tell me about developing a full E2-C/D Hawkeye ? Would be quite interesting , multicrew capable with working Early Warning Radar + consoles .

I think is a MUST in parallel with a Tomcat + Hornet environment + Naval Ops .

:)

Meh. I'd rather see an electronic warfare or SEAD plane like Intruder and Prowler :P

(and those would rather be long term, other CAS and fighter planes are more interesting)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I would be interested in some more "utility" role aircraft, AWACS, EW, SEAD, etc. How much fun would multiplayer missions be with human AWACS? Player JTAC is already an awesome experience, AWACS seems like the logical continuation.

I mostly fly the F-18, and mostly as a flight sim rather than a combat sim.

Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4 3600, Valve Index

TM Stick/Throttle, Saitek Pedals, VAICOM

Meh. I'd rather see an electronic warfare or SEAD plane like Intruder and Prowler :P

(and those would rather be long term, other CAS and fighter planes are more interesting)

Nice idea but I would not expect a 3rd Party developer team to give us a high fidelity ECM aircraft as long as electronic warfare is only covered very superficial in DCS.

Same belongs to AWACS in my opinion. There are some tools which give you a nice ATC view of DCS. No need to condemn a pilot to move you around for 6 hours in circles when you could simulate AWACS with Teamspeak.

For bombers, yes a nice idea but not before ED finished the multicrew Feature.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds good, although I prefer Russian birds. But I'll take any bomber actually!

I would love to see a SU-24M. TBH I would be extremely happy to ever see a 2-seater aircraft which can launch multiple anti-ground and anti-ship missiles along with precision bombs (which includes the F-111C, an aircraft which I would also like to see). Multirole aircraft for the win! :pilotfly:

I would love to see a SU-24M. TBH I would be extremely happy to ever see a 2-seater aircraft which can launch multiple anti-ground and anti-ship missiles along with precision bombs (which includes the F-111C, an aircraft which I would also like to see). Multirole aircraft for the win! :pilotfly:

Either one offers something that DCS doesn't have at the moment, namely low level, high speed precision strike missions. I prefer the F-111 just because its so iconic in Australia, but the Fencer is awesome too.

Either one offers something that DCS doesn't have at the moment, namely low level, high speed precision strike missions. I prefer the F-111 just because its so iconic in Australia, but the Fencer is awesome too.

And it would go so well along side the F/A-18C :D Granted we have F/A-18A+'s and B's. Although our A+'s are close enough to the C :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think a realistic air or ground radar that is player controllable would be a really great thing in DCS. There are many ways to implement this, from having the F10 screen "see" only what the AWACS sees, to fully modeling an E2. As for people buying it, I'm sure some would and some wouldn't.

I'm not championing an E2 ,I doubt we will ever see one in game, I am saying that military aviation is a big complex thing with each aircraft and type having it's own challenges and bringing it's own strengths to the fight.

As time goes on and DCS progresses I hope to see a little something for every one in this sim because the more people that are playing it the better it will be for all of us.

I think a realistic air or ground radar that is player controllable would be a really great thing in DCS. There are many ways to implement this, from having the F10 screen "see" only what the AWACS sees, to fully modeling an E2. As for people buying it, I'm sure some would and some wouldn't.

I'm not championing an E2 ,I doubt we will ever see one in game, I am saying that military aviation is a big complex thing with each aircraft and type having it's own challenges and bringing it's own strengths to the fight.

As time goes on and DCS progresses I hope to see a little something for every one in this sim because the more people that are playing it the better it will be for all of us.

Look up lotatc, it is basically what you are describing

Look up lotatc, it is basically what you are describing

Agreed.

We ought to have a comprehensive abstract AWACS capability, but to expect some poor guy to pilot the E3 aircraft for hours on end, just flying round in circles - really?

DCS World has the potential to expand in any direction, including much more in depth electronic warfare. The question any developer would ask first is how well would it sell? Can't see a huge market for aircraft that just loiter out of harms way with long endurance flights.

Who here would enjoy doing that?

We ought to have a comprehensive abstract AWACS capability, but to expect some poor guy to pilot the E3 aircraft for hours on end, just flying round in circles - really?

Well, you could just turn on the autopilot and operate the radar yourself. I wouldn't be to excited about an E-3, but I'd EASILY pre-purchase an E-2 and play as AWACS online (if DCS had a good voip system). :D

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante