DCS-SimpleRadio

Ciribob

So none of the redists ended up being the culprit but I was FINALLY able to track it down to being an issue with running with MSI afterburner enabled. So hopefully this helps someone else in the future. Thanks again for the help though :D

Wow that's odd. Does it try to put an fps counter on windows?

I'll add to a known bugs list when I write the documentation

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it installed and looks like it works but haven't tested it yet with other players. One question; we can use it on any online server that includes the player export option?

Mig-21 Headbutter

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I have it installed and looks like it works but haven't tested it yet with other players. One question; we can use it on any online server that includes the player export option?

Mig-21 Headbutter

Yes any online server. I guess you're talking about the standalone though not the TS version?

This is the wrong thread if you mean standalone :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

:D Us lazy bastards ;) I know ;p yes Standalone

Even on servers that don't allow tacview?

Mig-21 Headbutter

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

:D Us lazy bastards ;) I know ;p yes Standalone

Even on servers that don't allow tacview?

Mig-21 Headbutter

Yes just needs player export, that's it :)

Sorry Ciribob, maybe someone asked this before, but this version only works with TS exe x86?, I tried with my TS version x64 and never found the exe.

Thanks Xcom!

I'm not aware of IVC but i'll have a look into it. Only got Falcon BMS about a day ago... :)

I've had a quick look through the TS3 standalone SDK and it looks like you could build a standalone application instead of using TS but I think at the minute its a bit beyond me. If I get some spare time this weekend I'll have a proper look through and evaluate. I don't think you'd get any more features though then what you can do with a plugin.

DCS-SimpleRadio is supposed to be very simple and easy to use, at the expense of some realism, hence the name :D It uses UDP for all communication so if TS3 crashes, DCS Crashes or the radio status panel crashes, none of them will cause any other part to crash, in theory, as its all event driven.

Complexity and feature wise I think it goes (from least to most complex)

• DCS-SimpleRadio - No radio effects, although CrossTalk can be used to add them
  • Teo's MARS - Radio effects simulated
  • TARS - Full Radio simulation with radio effects, Line of Sight and power limitations
  • ARIES - Full Radio Simulation, Line of Sight and power limitations - As realistic as possible

If you do trial it, make sure you modify the anti-flood limit or you'll get weird errors in the Teamspeak clients and let me know if you need any help. I don't think 40 clients using it should be an issue but if it is there are changes that can be made to make the updates more efficient

I know the next thing I need to work on is making an installer but the installation process is pretty easy.

Sorry Ciribob, maybe someone asked this before, but this version only works with TS exe x86?, I tried with my TS version x64 and never found the exe.

Sorry theres been a bit of confusion.

There are Two SimpleRadios.

The one in this thread is the old TS plugin one, no EXE just a plugin for teamspeak. The first post has more information.

But i think you're looking for the SimpleRadio Standalone, that does not use teamspeak and has its own thread here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169387

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

First thank you for your work dude!

Quick question i've watched videos, looked on the web but no answer for me.

My teamspeak is in pusk to talk (but i've installed the stanalone version of the radio soft), I've run my own server (radio), connect to it but i'm in continious transmission and not push to talk so i'm transmitting continiously over the frequency and i would like to "push to talk" to speak over the freq.

Could you please help me out to set up that.

Thanks

PS: On the overlay i'm connected to the server, radio is recognized so it's only a matter of keybiding i guess // I've the standalone version btw

Edited by iceberg

This TS Plugin version makes the windows too tiny to use on my Triple Screen (5760x1080) setup. I cannot see the resize gripper..

A friend recommended that I try the Standalone. But I cannot find how to 'uninstall' this one? There is no item in the Win 10 App Settings to uninstall this...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

This TS Plugin version makes the windows too tiny to use on my Triple Screen (5760x1080) setup. I cannot see the resize gripper..

A friend recommended that I try the Standalone. But I cannot find how to 'uninstall' this one? There is no item in the Win 10 App Settings to uninstall this...

Just run the installer again, there is a remove button in it :)

For triple screens, if you drag the window to the side so windows expands it, you should then be able to resize as normal.

This version - the Non standalone TS version will not save window position or size so you'll have to do it every time.

The new Standalone version SHOULD save the window position and size once fixed by dragging to the side but I've only one screen so can't test. Standalone version thread here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169387

Thanks, that uninstalled it.

And the Standalone one seems to save the window's size, position, and opacity fine. I didn't even have to dock it to get the right size. It started off fine.

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Having issues with the new standalone version 1.1.4, flying in multiplayer, hopped into A-10C, but the Overlay continues to behave like I'm a spectator. (shows frequency 1s with guard, and manual tuning is vailable only.)

I tried uninstalling DCS-SRS, and reinstalling it.

Having issues with the new standalone version 1.1.4, flying in multiplayer, hopped into A-10C, but the Overlay continues to behave like I'm a spectator. (shows frequency 1s with guard, and manual tuning is vailable only.)

I tried uninstalling DCS-SRS, and reinstalling it.

Try the BuddySpike BlueFlag server or single player. If it works fine then the server you're flying on has disabled player export so unfortunately you can't use the incockpit radios.

Hope that helps!

Hello,

I got a problem hope you guys can help.

My Overlay was working fine but is now huge!

Its filling the entire top of my screen horizontal.

I can resize it in the vertical (making it bigger) but not in the horizontal.

Tried to reinstaal but tat didnt work.

Thnx in advance

Hello,

I got a problem hope you guys can help.

My Overlay was working fine but is now huge!

Its filling the entire top of my screen horizontal.

I can resize it in the vertical (making it bigger) but not in the horizontal.

Tried to reinstaal but tat didnt work.

Thnx in advance

just to confirm, are you using the Teamspeak Plugin or the Standalone non teamspeak one?

Either way, drag the overlay to the side of the screen so windows resizes it and then it should resize as normal.

Hello, my friend and I have come to the same error regarding the overlay. We have also attempted to fix the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling. I am attaching a link to a screenshot displaying the problem.

http://prntscr.com/c0jwro

This is what happens when we try to drag the overlay to the side of the screen to resize it:

http://prntscr.com/c0jyiq

Thanks, looking forward to working with you

Godspeed

Edited by BassAddict
extra information

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cant get Simple Radio to work.

Install - ok

Manual install to saved games - ok. 3 Folders (DCS, alpha and beta) have same files.

Export.lua - ok. Line is added.

In Simple Radio connection - ok.

Oeverlay shows Unknow and No radio and red dots. Even when DCS running and radios switched on.

I have

Latest Open Beta, Win 8,1, Simpel radio standalone

Hello, my friend and I have come to the same error regarding the overlay. We have also attempted to fix the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling. I am attaching a link to a screenshot displaying the problem.

http://prntscr.com/c0jwro

This is what happens when we try to drag the overlay to the side of the screen to resize it:

http://prntscr.com/c0jyiq

Thanks, looking forward to working with you

Godspeed

Cant get Simple Radio to work.

Install - ok

Manual install to saved games - ok. 3 Folders (DCS, alpha and beta) have same files.

Export.lua - ok. Line is added.

In Simple Radio connection - ok.

Oeverlay shows Unknow and No radio and red dots. Even when DCS running and radios switched on.

I have

Latest Open Beta, Win 8,1, Simpel radio standalone

Sorry guys wrong thread... Please re-post in the right thread and I'll help you there as this gets confusing.

You're both using the standalone - Not the TS one :)

Right Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169387

• 1 month later...

Please repost in the right thread - Locking this one for now :)